Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Using one button to do more than one task

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

hi,
I want the CTRL-Z button to undo load track and then re-load track if i press CTRL-Z again. is that possible?
I actually couldn't find a "re-load track" action.

Plus (same thing basically) - I want a custom button to load a specific track to a deck (let's say, my jingle) and then if i press that custom button again it does "undo load track" (as many times as i want).

Thanks

Posté Tue 15 Oct 19 @ 11:10 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
There may be a way with scripting.
A custom button may be able to get the name of the loaded track before unloading it and set it as a variable. Then that could be recalled. I am not proficient at scripting, so, I cannot give you any examples.

If it is something you would play allot, wouldn't the sampler be a good option for you?

Posté Wed 16 Oct 19 @ 12:44 am
blckjck wrote :
There may be a way with scripting.
A custom button may be able to get the name of the loaded track before unloading it and set it as a variable. Then that could be recalled. I am not proficient at scripting, so, I cannot give you any examples.

If it is something you would play allot, wouldn't the sampler be a good option for you?

This is not for a one shot sample drop. This is for scratching.
Think of a default scratch track that you can set up and "call" on a deck, without having to search for it...then you can scratch whatvever, and then call back the track you wanted to play...all with one button.

Posté Wed 16 Oct 19 @ 1:27 am
You can map the pads to call up a track.

You could also put your scratch samples all together into one file and set hot cues.

Posté Wed 16 Oct 19 @ 2:01 am
blckjck wrote :
You can map the pads to call up a track.

You could also put your scratch samples all together into one file and set hot cues.

I did that.
What's missing here is the ability to call back the track i was about to play before i started scratching
So i need that custom button to do 2 actions in a loop:
1) call the scratch track (i know how to do that)
2) load previous track
3) call the scratch track again (undo the undo...)
4) etc...etc... etc...

Posté Wed 16 Oct 19 @ 2:29 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Yes can be done, I think, looking at your routines, If I understand what you're wanting the script might be a bit hefty.
You could ease the script length if you tagged your scratch samples as scratch samples in some way.
This isn't a working script just thinking out loud
Say 8 pads each call a sample.
param_equal songProperty v sampleName ? get var string, cast & load : [untagged way would need to test all possible samples] set string filepath&name & load sample to deck.

Posté Wed 16 Oct 19 @ 3:24 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
I was thinking to use "clone*" with some extra free deck...
but it look like being really difficult to script with clone & clone_from

Posté Wed 16 Oct 19 @ 3:39 am
Why don't you just put the scratch track on a separate deck? You can have up to 99, you know.

Posté Wed 16 Oct 19 @ 4:40 pm
groovindj wrote :
Why don't you just put the scratch track on a separate deck? You can have up to 99, you know.

No the ultimate solution for me but i'll try that. Thanks

Posté Wed 16 Oct 19 @ 6:09 pm
Maybe that's a good place for the script to put the previously loaded song.

If song is on active deck, move it to deck 98, then load sample.
If sample is in deck, move track from deck 98 to active deck.

Posté Wed 16 Oct 19 @ 10:21 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Bouncing around invisible decks could do it but it over complicates it, I think I've got the how to [without invisibles] and I've sent OP a pm to get some filepaths of a few of his scratch samples to write a prototype but he hasn't read the message yet.

*Thing to note if you use invisibles for any reason, it is always best to use the lowest deck possible as every deck [between the last visible and to the stated invisible] is created*

Posté Thu 17 Oct 19 @ 9:46 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)