Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Search, Playlists, Wishes & new features - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Hi,

1. when I search a song e.g. AC/DC - T.N.T. I would like to jump to the position in the playlist where the song is located.
Is that possible?

2. If the song is in several playlists, is there a way to show them and even jump to the playlists?

Sorry for the bad english.

Posté Tue 22 Oct 19 @ 8:29 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I've got something I'm working on that searches playlists, but it needs a bug working out with something that I'm not sure on, Straight english it works fine. I also made limited tests with russian, japanese & accented chars and it looks to work but still there's a bug somewhere.

Posté Tue 22 Oct 19 @ 8:40 am
Like the idea, would be a great feature, if possible.
1+

Posté Tue 22 Oct 19 @ 9:17 am
+1
Wish this too

Greatings and thanks
Dirk aka vlnjacki

Posté Tue 22 Oct 19 @ 8:06 pm
Playlist search has been asked for many times now. Hoped it would be a feature of 2020 but no luck.

Posté Tue 22 Oct 19 @ 10:05 pm
I want it too. Hope for help...

Posté Sun 27 Oct 19 @ 12:27 pm
pm sent

Posté Sun 27 Oct 19 @ 1:09 pm

Just being curious, since I've never had the need to search playlists..
Why do you need to search playlists for AC/DC - TNT ?

But I might be missing something, or using playlists differently :)

The only thing that comes to mind would be if you dont add songs to database, but simply have some playlists. (but cant quite see how that would come to be, except imported playlists from other software)

(or just not remembering what playlist you added ACDC, but my playlist are all pretty organized ... it after all a playlist, not a random collection of songs)

Posté Sun 27 Oct 19 @ 1:17 pm
Let's say the track is in several playlists, and you're playing some other playlist, then you have a moment of inspiration and think, "that ac/dc track would work now" so you've left the original playlist and gone off piste, search playlist will let you go back to the tried and tested for after ac/dc.
Or you could actually bounce round playlists if you fancy going a bit more eclectic,
that's my take on it.

Posté Sun 27 Oct 19 @ 1:34 pm
My use for example is if I were replacing an audio track with the video, I could search the audio track and it would tell me all the playlists containing it so they could be updated with the new file.

I would also like to be able to search history by name or date too, so if I wanted to find what I played at a particular venue it could be found easily.

Posté Sun 27 Oct 19 @ 4:20 pm
It was an example.
I could also write AbbA - Super Trouper or Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night or David Guetta - Would I Lie To You.
Whatever
My playlists are sorted by genre.
Sometimes or often songs are in different playlists.
When I have an idea for a track, I can see what I can play before or after in different genres.
It is a Microsoft Excel function.
I believe it is possible to create it in VDJ.

And many users have asked before me
I'm sure would be a great tool for many Users.

Posté Sun 27 Oct 19 @ 4:34 pm
Apparently a similar thing exists in Traktor but I have never used it.

Posté Sun 27 Oct 19 @ 5:46 pm
I don't know. I never used Traktor

Posté Sun 27 Oct 19 @ 8:04 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I use MediaMonkey Gold to organize my music - tagging, playlists, etc. I like the ability to have some of the same playlists available in VDJ and on my mobile devices and I stopped using iTunes quite some time ago.

In any case, while I am playing a song in VDJ I sometimes wonder if it's already in a particular playlist so a quick way to check would be great, without having to browse the playlist in question or a group of similar lists to see if it's there.

And now I await the post or two telling me I am doing it wrong... such is how the VDJ forums have become.

Posté Mon 28 Oct 19 @ 3:29 pm
To the admins.
Can we have hope that this feature will come?

Posté Wed 30 Oct 19 @ 11:22 am
Hello,

why I get no answer to my last question?

Posté Thu 07 Nov 19 @ 1:29 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It may indeed come, but at this point there's no specific estimate I could give you as to when.

Posté Thu 07 Nov 19 @ 1:47 pm
Thank you Adion

Posté Thu 07 Nov 19 @ 3:01 pm
I would like this function too!

Posté Thu 07 Nov 19 @ 8:05 pm
ZitrosPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Oh, me too! :-)

Posté Thu 07 Nov 19 @ 8:34 pm
45%