Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet VDJ with Denon DJ MC4000, looking for tutorials

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

CubtraxPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hey from the UK. I have used Virtual DJ with Pioneer and Numark hobby level mixer/controllers and recently purchased the MC4000. It's the best yet so really want to get into every feature. I play dance genres from the 80s to current so my usual beat and key blending (richly enhanced by VDJ) don't work well for big changes from 80s funk/soul, 100 to 110 bpm to vocal house, 125 to 130 bpm. I have watched random YouTube videos on using effects but I need detailed step by step effects tutorials so that I can enhance my sets. Any recommendations please, Assume I am good with beat/key matching and understand bars.

Posté Thu 16 Apr 20 @ 9:46 am
I'm sure you could find some tracks that cross over those BPM boundaries you mention. Not all 80s funk/soul is 110 or slower, and not all house is 125 upwards.

One easy thing you could do is set a short loop on one track, then change the tempo slowly until it matches the other track.

You can also just stop a track dead (bit of reverb maybe for drama) then wait a beat or two before starting the next track. Silence does work as a transition if you have the timing. Alternatively use the brake effect to slow the deck down, then play the next track.

Posté Thu 16 Apr 20 @ 4:48 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)