Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Stems FX doesn´t work
Stems FX is not working on my BackUpSystem. No matter which function I choose, nothing changes in the sound output. Only the waveform display changes.

System: Lenonvo B550, 4GB RAM, Win10 PRO, VDJ 2021 V8 5-64 b5926

Please help

Posté Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 10:21 am
Do you have the 64bit version of VDJ installed on it?

Posté Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 10:23 am
Yes, included today Update

Posté Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 10:25 am
DJ MiLock wrote :
No matter which function I choose

How are you "choosing"? You cannot just select the processing type. You have to actually turn the EQ knobs or click the pads on the stems pad page.

Posté Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 10:39 am
No matter which I use, whether the rotary control or the button, nothing happens in terms of sound technology, only the waveform changes graphically.

Posté Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 11:38 am
What is your audio config? Are you listening to the master output signal?

Posté Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 11:54 am
I tried it for 3 reasons: 1. PC speakers, 2. Pioneer ERGO-V and 3. Denon MC7000, problem remains the same. The latest drivers are installed for everyone.

Posté Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 12:25 pm
The standard EQ high, mid, low is not affected and works within the expected parameters

Posté Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 12:28 pm
Found a mistake. Program requires higher computer performance. This one only has a Pentium Dual-Core cpu T4400 and cannot calculate this quickly enough. Thanks for your help

Posté Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 2:53 pm
Oh so you were trying to use the stems EQ before the file had been analysed. No, that won't work!

Posté Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 3:09 pm
Halo there I'm curious to know if there is a way that I can use the STEMS on virtual DJ 8) because I don't want upgrade to virtual DJ 2021' I would have upgraded to virtual DJ 2021 but the problem is that my laptop's specifications are week they can't run the software well as it's a bit power full but with vdj 8 it runs first I recently tried to open up the pads and added the STEMS pads and tried to program them but they. are not functioning at all,

Posté Fri 12 Feb 21 @ 6:36 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
:-) virtualdj 2021 IS virtualdj 8 v8.5 (a 32bit version exist without stems)
stems are only available for 64bit version

Generaly 8.5 is lighter v8 there is often less power consuming, and with a correct graphic board (that handle stems i.e. GT 7xx) stems are handled by GPU

if your system can't generate stems on the fly, you can precompute them before use (space consuming)

what are your weak specs ?

The only need is 64bit OS and a computer able to run VDJ 8
(with pre-computed stems or by GPU some core2duo can do - that's weak specs and 12years old computers)
starting with i5 GEN4 CPU almost any CPU can handle stems in CPU mode

Posté Fri 12 Feb 21 @ 6:58 am
Anyway, do you recommened use pre-computed stems even laptop cpu is better than i5?

Posté Fri 12 Feb 21 @ 11:18 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Dj CiMiX wrote :
Anyway, do you recommened use pre-computed stems even laptop cpu is better than i5?

Easiest way to find out is to try it.
* Is computing stems in real-time slow on my computer?
-> no : keep them computed in real-time
-> yes: try to precompute them for a song
* Is loading the pre-computed stems much faster on my computer?
-> yes: it's useful to use pre-computed stems
-> no: there's no advantage in using pre-computed stems

Posté Fri 12 Feb 21 @ 11:38 am
Does stems work with a Roland mc-707 or a kontrol s4 mk2? I have to upgrade from an S4 mk1 and two Kontrol D2's but not sure what direction to go. I want a controller with midi out so I can sync a drum machine going forward.

Posté Mon 10 May 21 @ 6:02 am
user23577964 wrote :
Does stems work with a Roland mc-707 or a kontrol s4 mk2? I have to upgrade from an S4 mk1 and two Kontrol D2's but not sure what direction to go. I want a controller with midi out so I can sync a drum machine going forward.

Stems work independently of the controller.

The question is in what manner the controller can control the software.
In the case of stems, it can be used on EQ knobs, on performance pads and / or as regular audio fx.

For some controllers/mixers the EQs might be hardware operated only, and emulated in software.
At such mixers you can not use stems on EQ, because the hardware will apply EQs no matter what.

Both Roland mc-707 and Kontrol s4 mk2 have software EQs that can use stems on the EQs
(if it has midi out, not sure, if you look at the controllers homepage it might say)

Posté Mon 10 May 21 @ 10:10 am
hi my vocal stems don't want to work

Posté Thu 22 Jul 21 @ 3:52 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Ask it again, it works with any computer ;)
That said, feature can be disabled, instant, fast or slow up to ... extremely long depending on CPU GPU and settings

a little more infos are needed for better help ^^

Posté Thu 22 Jul 21 @ 5:00 pm
Hey Buddy, I recently noticed when I highlighted a track and a "Precompute Stems" under "Analyze for BPM etc." in the Drop Down Menu. It worked for me to Precompute selected tracks just as I would if I were to Analyze them. I was having the same issue you were. I hope this helps.

Posté Mon 20 Sep 21 @ 5:10 pm