Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Apply VST effects to microphone only in VDJ 2021

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

altTCPRO InfinityMember since 2020
How does this happen? I have tons of VSTs from Cubase and would love to add EQ and compression to my microphone for my radio show. Echo Papa has a video but it's a dinosaur and I don't even recognize the version he is using.

Posté Sun 28 Jun 20 @ 9:02 pm

Posté Sun 28 Jun 20 @ 9:14 pm
You will have to copy the DLL files from the system VST folder to the VDJ plugins folder.

Unfortunately VDJ does not allow use of VSTs from the standard system VST folder, like other VST capable software.

Also they will need to be 64 bit VSTs. There's no bridge in VDJ.

Finally if they're VSTs that are bundled with Cubase then I think you'll find they won't work in other software.

Posté Sun 28 Jun 20 @ 9:49 pm
I have lots of 64-bit VSTs that I added on to Cubase they weren't proprietary so I think they should work.it's just a question of how to get them installed correctly and I think I saw a tutorial on that

Posté Mon 29 Jun 20 @ 3:05 pm
okay- half way there - I have added some dll files to the appropriate folder in Windows, and installed the Mic FX extension for pads, the fx files and Mic FX show up in the pads, now I need to figure out the correct script for pad editor to get the effects to trigger on and off. Help please? Sorry Im such a noob. I want to use compression and EQ and they are 64 bit and built by Native Instruments (good stuff). I want to assign them to two pads and figure out how to trigger them on/off.

Posté Mon 29 Jun 20 @ 6:14 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Mic FX extension for pads? Mic FX is a simple pad page
No need of script for pad editor to get the effects to trigger on and off:

select effect using FX SEL (PAD 5)
activate/desactivate it using the pad with its name (PAD 1)
you can open GUI using PAD 4
you can adjust 2 parameters using the parameters arrows
and for not VST effects :
you can enable 3 buttons using PAD 6 7 8

Posté Mon 29 Jun 20 @ 6:30 pm
Okay so MIC FX is selected in the pull down
It shows MicFX in Pad 1
Effect GUI shows up in pad 4
Effect is selected in Pad 5

When I go into the GUI and make adjustments, they do not change the sound, and it appears to not be getting any signal so I don't think the FX are "on"

but i cant get Mic FX to toggle on and off in pad 1.
Pads two and three show arrows that toggle things like "Stop on End" "Lock" "Shape" "Reset Phase" etc. don't know what they are...

Also, I think if I want to use two effects together (eq and compression) I would need to assign the second effect in the deck 2 pad section?

I appreaciate all the help so far - almost there!

Posté Mon 29 Jun 20 @ 7:13 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Ah :/ look like no mic was configured in VDJ
it is important a mic being handled by VDJ in a way to be able to apply FX
mic effects only work with a mic input configured in the audio settings

pad2 and 3 select previous and next effect in the list
right strings "Par.1:..." and "Par.2:... are control slider1 and slider2 from the effect gui
pads 6 7 8 are control buttons 1 2 3 from the effect gui

effects can be chained (on as long as they are not set off)
the little switch in left of fx name in selection popup can toggle fx on(green) or off(gray)
(take care the order they are switch on)

It's not possible to have 2 different effects in pads on different decks as the pad is specific to 'Mic' deck

Posté Mon 29 Jun 20 @ 10:24 pm
Got it. Dialed in. Thanks to everyone for the support.

One more issue: VDJ is not saving any layout/rack settings and the FX are needing to reset each time I open the program. I have read online about enabling permissions, but all of them are enabled. I checked multiple times. Is there anyway that I can save all of my settings for the next time I boot up?

You guys are the best! Thanks again.

Posté Mon 29 Jun 20 @ 11:50 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)