Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet had stability problems with VDJ 2021, so reverted back to VDJ 2020 - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Hi, DJ Element 115 here. Good Morning VDJ and thanks for such a great product, I just bought the Numark party mix controller and matched it with VDJ version 2021 (latest version, 64 bit). I not going to dwell on nor am I going into deep detail with the stability problems of the program at this time, I was having overheating issues with my PC. Granted a lot of these problems may be or are because of my under-rated power supply specs and perhaps not having ample (enough) memory. So I reverted back to VDJ 2020 (32 bit). Without considering installing a better Power Supply or adding more memory, I made the decision at this time to revert back. It was the easiest for me to do at this time.
I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing any stability issues with the program (other then related to power supplies or memory) ?
I will try to describe my stability issues, if asked, but as they happened, i didnt write them down so I could intelligently tell about them here in this forum.
Briefly, the program cut out on me twice within an hour of play time(it stopped and removed itself from my desktop). It seemed to happen when a track was playing on deck Two.
I cant remember the other issue, but having the program cut out like that is serious enough.
If anyone wishes to add to this discussion, id like to hear about it......including administration.
(By the way, now that i reverted back to vdj 2020 32 bit, at this point (after about 30 mins of play time) it is stable.....\
My specs : Latest and clean install of version of win10 64 bit
hex core processor
Im embarrased to say what the level of my memory is at this time, but since VDJ version 2020 32 bit is not making my PC overheat in content at this time to keep using it, if administration thinks thats ok??/

Posté Fri 03 Jul 20 @ 1:44 pm
Well, unless you are willing to give the forum the information that it needs, I don't see how we can help you. You can be embarrassed if you want, but how does that help, if we don't know how much memory you have? Which VDJ 64bit build do you have, as there have been several updates? Hex core, tells us nothing. You didn't mention video card. It only takes a minute to list the correct specs and the problems that you have. If you want to use the latest features, you may have to invest in a machine that is capable of handling them smoothly.

Posté Fri 03 Jul 20 @ 8:50 pm
Memory : 2 gigs
Which VDJ 64bit build do you have : i think it was 8.5-64 b5980
video card : VO320E on NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS (Memory 1024 MB)
the motherboard is a Biostar A880G + AMD Phenom 2 x6
list the the problems that you have:
1)like i said in my first post, VDJ cuts off, (removes itself from the desktop) after about half hours use.
2) My processor overheats only when using VDJ 64bit but does not when using VDJ 32 bit.

Im working on my PC's possible problems with overheating right now.

Posté Sun 05 Jul 20 @ 12:41 pm
Sorry, i was looking at the wrong specs for graphics card.
video card : it is NOT VO320E on NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS (Memory 1024 MB)
it is : VA1703w series on ATI Radion HD 4250
Memory on the card : 256 mb
Sorry for my confusion....

Posté Sun 05 Jul 20 @ 2:23 pm
Hello DJElement115.

Can you check in your folder Documents/VirtualDJ if there is a file call "report log.txt" ?
(and if yes, can you send it to us?)

Posté Sun 05 Jul 20 @ 3:38 pm
Hi and thanks for your response. Ahead is the txt file :

--- 2020/07/02 - 17:14 (5980)
[17:14] Thread split freezed.
--- 2020/07/03 - 04:51 (5980)
[04:51] Thread split freezed.

Posté Mon 06 Jul 20 @ 12:01 pm
DJElement115 wrote :
Hi and thanks for your response. Ahead is the txt file :

Ok, can you try with this build: <DOWNLOAD>
It should fix your problem and stop the restarts that you experienced.

Please test and let us know if it all works good now.

Posté Mon 06 Jul 20 @ 12:20 pm
Thanks , i will try it.
But i wanted you to know that i know about overheating problems with PC's, like mine.\]
I still think the problem is in my PC. Heres what i found in the forums... :
overheat problem :

The VDJ support wrote, that freezes could be a heat problem. Or that overload/heat could cause the software to shut down.

And again....Heres the Log Report.txt from my dj PC :

So, is the overheating problem possibly considered a "Freeze" or causing the freeze ?
My PC does not freeze,
Rather, while running 5980 the software program, after about half hour, it just disapears (removes itself from my desktop).
I guess it depends upon the definition of "Freeze" ?

Posté Mon 06 Jul 20 @ 2:13 pm
the problem was indeed due to your pc being too slow for the new feature.
but at least with the build we posted above, virtualdj should work and not freeze or restart or anything.

Posté Mon 06 Jul 20 @ 2:38 pm
Thanks so much for the help. I think i will hold on the install of the newer version that you sent me ( version 8.5.5995) for now,
untill i fix my PC's overheating problem.

For now i will still keep using version 85. b5980 (32 bit version) because its the cheapest way to stop my PC's processor from overheating, otherwise i would have to start spending more money by adding more memory, replacing my power supply with a more powerful one and probably other things also (or even perhaps buying a new PC).
I will do the memory and Power Supply upgrades to my PC in the future, just not at this moment and hopefully this will eliminate the overheating problem.

Hopefully after the overheat problem has been eliminated, i will upgrade to the VDJ version (8.5.5995) you sent me , or an even newer one.
I wanted you to know soon i will buy the Pro infinity version licence and again, thanks for your support, DJ Element 115

Posté Mon 06 Jul 20 @ 2:51 pm
you can run the executable we sent you directly "just to try", in parallel from your 2020 installation.
This executable doesn't require a full installation.

But we believe this should work alright on your computer, and not cause overheat problems anymore (your CPU will heat a little but that's perfectly normal).
I think it's worth trying anyway.

Posté Mon 06 Jul 20 @ 4:15 pm
Sorry for my late responce. Ok thanks again, i will try that version --V8.5-64 b5995 .

Posté Mon 06 Jul 20 @ 8:30 pm
Ya, version 8.5-64 b5995 still makes my PC's Processor get too hot. Im not at ease with that, but i know its my problem. I am still working on the overheating issue. By the way, that version of VDJ seems at this point...stable, so the former problem i had with the program exiting itself seems to be gone now. I will have to run it for at least a half hour though for a true test. Thanks guys, DJ Element 115

Posté Mon 06 Jul 20 @ 8:46 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
So what makes you think it is too hot in the first place? Where did you check and what temperatures do you get?

Posté Tue 07 Jul 20 @ 7:44 am
Well, first of all i can hear the Processor fan increase in its intensity. I also can feel the upper outside case of my PC where the processor is located and when the fan intensity increases, i also feel the case getting hot. Just for your info, my PC does not respond with a "number type", (either C or f) temp reading using either OpenHardwareMonitor or Speccy. Not sure why....

Posté Tue 07 Jul 20 @ 3:30 pm
(Well, first of all i can hear the Processor fan increase in its intensity. I also can feel the upper outside case of my PC where the processor is located and when the fan intensity increases, i also feel the case getting hot. Just for your info, my PC does not respond with a "number type", (either C or f) temp reading using either OpenHardwareMonitor or Speccy. Not sure why....)

Oh, and by the way, my PC , with the PC Proc. getting hotter, Im kindof concerned about doing outdoor gigs in this florida heat....

Posté Tue 07 Jul 20 @ 3:34 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Ok, that is pretty normal for any computer when the cpu and/or gpu is fully in use as is the case while extracting the stems, so nothing to worry about.

Posté Tue 07 Jul 20 @ 3:43 pm
Ok, so thanks for your input and help (as in sending me that non install version of the 64 bit VDJ).
I just wanted you to know i tackled a heat problem like this b4 and solved it with a variety of methods. I will try to do the same in this circumstance.
And so, anyone else reading this forum, please Know that Virtual DJ is a Great help....so really buy the software....

Posté Tue 07 Jul 20 @ 4:06 pm
Presumably you built the computer yourself, from scratch - is that right?

Posté Tue 07 Jul 20 @ 4:11 pm
From scratch...well lets see if i can define that...
When I buy PC's, i buy separates components (motherboards, memory, power supply, hard drives, sound (graphics) cards, NIC's, processors and fans and any other peripherals or input output devices. I install a so reffered to as "corporate copy" of the latest windows 10 version. I configure the OP system for best security and optimum performances. Some hardware components are mid to high end, others at the time, in order to save money, i buy as low end. Thats what im thinking here is causing this situation.

Posté Tue 07 Jul 20 @ 4:21 pm
95%