Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet My pad pages no longer work the way I mapped them.
I updated Virtual DJ to 6011 today.
Unfortunately I have to find out that you have changed something on the pad pages, which means that my mapping on my NS7II no longer works as I want it.
For example, I mapped the following for CUE Button:
pad_page 'cueloop'? pad_page 'saved loops': pad_page 'cueloop'
that means it should open the padpage "cueloop" when the first press, and press the padpage "saved loops" when the second press
The way I wanted it.
But I press and only the pad page "Cue Loop" goes on this button.
And for example with Shift I mapped it so that VirtualDJ changes the pad pages, all ... pad_page -1 ...
This also no longer works, not all pages go through ..
Furthermore, the LEDs are no longer working, the cue loop was red, the saved loops were blue, and for others it was cyan, it still only lights up cyan.
I don't think it's great ...
Please modify...

Posté Sat 11 Jul 20 @ 2:33 pm
Whats wrong there.
Why my Command no more work :
pad_page 'cueloop'? pad_page 'saved loops': pad_page 'cueloop'
the Button don't open this second Padpage "Saved Loops"....
And why the LED no more work , when Padpage "Cueloop" is active , than red , and when Padpage "Saved Loops" active then it musst blue.. And when other Page it musst Cyan , only Cyan is on...
And the same is by all five other Pad Buttons on my Controller , Auto/Roll , Loop , Sampler , Slicer... the second Page is not working , by the New Update....
I have seen the Pad Dropdown has changed , what is the wrong with this in the new Update?

Posté Sun 12 Jul 20 @ 1:17 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You tried with EA 6017 ?

BTW, your script is missing some spaces, so should be ..
pad_page 'cueloop' ? pad_page 'saved loops' : pad_page 'cueloop'

Posté Sun 12 Jul 20 @ 1:27 pm
djdad wrote :
You tried with EA 6017 ?

BTW, your script is missing some spaces, so should be ..
pad_page 'cueloop' ? pad_page 'saved loops' : pad_page 'cueloop'

Ahh, ok.
Sorry, hadn't noticed that yet.
Yes, it works again.
I tested that.
Ok, my own mapping for my NS7II now works the way it was.
Have also tested the new one to get smart out of it.

Now I had switched to the factory mapping to look ....
I saw that with the new one, it was mapped with numbers:
pad_pages 1? pad_pages 5: pad_pages 1
as an example for the 1st button.
And I saw it like this with the LEDs:
pad_pages 1? color 'red': pad_pages 5? color '# FFA500': color 'white'
Ok, I found out that it refers to the 4 pages in the menu.
1 = side one, and 5 = shift five.
But now it's the case that I don't have 4 but 5 buttons for pad pages, and in the factory mapping the 5th button (slicer) is provided with the following command:
pad_pages 12? pad_pages 16: pad_pages 12
How did you get numbers 12 and 16?
Because there are only 8 pages.

Posté Sun 12 Jul 20 @ 2:10 pm
Pages assigned to the 5th Pad mode button of your controller will be shown in the 4th Page button on the skin.
You dont have to worry about page numbers or change anything in the default mapping.
If you want to assign a different page, you just need to select it from your controller and then click on the corresponding page button on the skin that shows the page you select.
E.g. you want to change the page you get with 2nd press on MODE5.. on your controller, you press MODE5 twice (you should get the default page assigned there), the skin will show in button 4 the assigned page. Click on that page button on the skin (the 4th one) and you can then select which new page you want use there.

Posté Sun 12 Jul 20 @ 2:14 pm
djdad wrote :
Pages assigned to the 5th Pad mode button of your controller will be shown in the 4th Page button on the skin.
You dont have to worry about page numbers or change anything in the default mapping.
If you want to assign a different page, you just need to select it from your controller and then click on the corresponding page button on the skin that shows the page you select.
E.g. you want to change the page you get with 2nd press on MODE5.. on your controller, you press MODE5 twice (you should get the default page assigned there), the skin will show in button 4 the assigned page. Click on that page button on the skin (the 4th one) and you can then select which new page you want use there.

Yes I saw that I can assign my pad pages for the controller in the skin in the pad dropdown.
But only 4 buttons in the skin or dropdown.
If my controller were the buttons (cues, auto / roll, loop, sampler), I also recognize which numbers are assigned.
But not the 5th button (slicer).
In the mapping there is the command:
pad_pages 12? pad_pages 16: pad_pages 12
How do you get numbers 12 and 16 ??
Switching is done after slicer, beat jump in factory mapping.
So it can't be the number of the list, the padpage slicer is somewhere else in the list, and beatjump too.
I'm just trying to get smart with the new mapping commands, maybe you can use that ;-)

Posté Sun 12 Jul 20 @ 2:47 pm
So I tried different numbers now,
But I still don't understand how you got these numbers.
1 - 4 is ok, I understand, 5 - 8 too, that would be the second pages of each button. As with cues, page 1 and the second press page 5, and which pad page is selected on this page.
So only with the button slicer on my controller, there is page 12 and page 16 entered in the command, pad_pages 12 ? pad_pages 16 : pad_pages 12 , select the slicer the first time and the beat jump page the second time.
But where did you get the numbers 12 and 16 ????
I tried many, 10 - 15 nothing happens ..
And the correct order of the padpage list only starts when I am at number 17 , from there the correct padpage is selected one after the other.
So I don't understand how to get the numbers.
If it were to select the Padpages in the list one by one I could understand.

Posté Sun 12 Jul 20 @ 8:07 pm
Again, no need to change (actually you should not change), understand or worry about the numbers.
These represent a "slot" and are pre-defined in each controller definition.
So, numbers exist in mapping not to change them, but help you to assign them to a page you want from the skin numbered page buttons.

Technically - but really will matter the least - VDJ has implemented 4 "mode buttons" that covers the majority of the controllers. For the very few controllers that have 5 buttons (such as NS7II, NS7III, NV, NVII and a couple from Roland) the pages assigned to the 5th button will be shown on the 4th page button on the skin.
Internally, controller definitions use page numbers 1 to 4 for the primary mode, pages 5 to 8 are for the secondary modes (2nd press or Shift mode) and then each number after that is repeating the same 4 number pattern. So in order a mode/page to appear in the 4th page button in skin, it needs to be 4,8,12,16,20 etc., that's why we used "empty" slots 12 and 16 to show the pages assigned to the 5th mode button of your controller.

Said too much - probably interests a very few - so again.. read the very first sentence of this post ;)

Note: For the new Pad page assign system to work, you need either to use the default/factory mapping or copy/paste the actions from the default to your custom mapping for the mode buttons (usually named as PAD_MODE_x) and in some cases the related LED_PAD_MODE x keys. Once you do this, there will be no need to change the mapping of your controller if you want to assign a different Pads page to your Pads, all u need is to click on the Pad page buttons and choose a page from the list. That's all !

Posté Sun 12 Jul 20 @ 8:58 pm
I didn't talk about the skin after all.
This is something else.
I wanted to know how you got the numbers.
The 4 buttons are clear on the controller, you can choose which padpage you want in the skin or dropdown menu, 1 for the first and 2 for the second button, and also for the second page on button 1, for example, there I choose a page on page 5, and so on ... I understand ;-)

You cannot select anything for the 5th button. This only works with mapping.

In standard mapping, number 12 stands for slicer and number 16 for beat jump.
So and now I want to have another pad page (not beat jump), then I have to enter another number there.
For example 22, that would be the Padpage ColorFX.
That would be in my list in the dropdown menu Padpage NR 18.
And that's exactly why I don't know how you got the numbers.
For example, the Padpage ColorFX is not 18, but you have to enter 22 in the mapping if you want to have it on button 5 ;-)
Should you always try all pages first until you have found the number that belongs to the pad page you want???
Every number belongs to a page.
Except the 8 of the four favored pages.
And somehow you have to come up with these numbers ...

Posté Sun 12 Jul 20 @ 9:43 pm
Ok then, as I understand it, 4 are always added from number 8, i.e. from 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, and so on ...

The last thing you wrote I know, of course, that if I want to use it, I have to copy the standard mapping into my user-defined mapping. That's why I ask all this to understand it.

Just why if I enter 22 as a number, for example, will he also remove this pad page from the list?
As I wrote above, from number 17 you can choose one, then follow the list in my pages ..
Example: if I enter 22, it is the page (ColorFX), this is the 19th page from my list, and if I enter 33, it is the page (PhantomFx) in my list, that would be the 30th page in my list.
Just as an example ;-)
So go one after the other, only nos. 9-15 ..
That's why it seems strange to me, because I just try it out if I want to know something ..

Well, now we would be a step further.
But it would actually make sense, for example. add an option that you can set, op you have 4 buttons, or 5 ..
I mean well I don't really know how many controllers there are with 5 buttons, except the Numark.
But something would make sense to do it.
Because you can't select anything on the 5th button, not even in the skin.

Posté Sun 12 Jul 20 @ 10:29 pm
Update.
I noticed that you can still change the page in the skin when you have shown the 5th button on the fourth button in the skin, and then click the mouse to change the pad page.
But not with a right click, it opens the menu from the 4th slot.
Try it out, only left-click.
Should definitely be improved ;-)

Posté Sun 12 Jul 20 @ 10:57 pm
Is the error noticed now?
That if I am on the 5th pad button (slicer) and want to select it by clicking on the 4th button in the skin, it only works with a left click, but with a right click it opens the dropdown for button 4 instead of button 5?

I don't know if it's a skin bug or software bug

Posté Tue 14 Jul 20 @ 4:02 pm
Thanks. Yes. I don't know if this is bug, but:

right-click on the 4th slot in the skin gives you "Page 4" to edit, and if you change that then it actually affects page 4, which is my sampler page.

left-click brings up "Shift 8" to edit. This allows me to assign something different to the 5th page on the NS7iii. In my case, I have it set to Stems.

I don't know if it's a bug, but It's definitely odd.

Posté Tue 04 May 21 @ 12:06 am