Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Filter folder by File date

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi,

Can anyone explain the syntax of file date . I need a ranger of dates . Also today's date or a date less that or greater than .

Posté Mon 03 Aug 20 @ 1:11 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
There is no doc about dates in VDJ
Dates are in standard japanese date format : YYYY/MM/DD
Standard comparison operators are working : =, !=, <, <=, >, >= as well as text ones : is, is not, equal, not equal, contains, doesn't contain
and some extra verbs can be used as well such as : range, days since, start with, ends with ...

Usable dates are absolute : file date, first seen, first play
or relative days since first seen, days since first play, days since last play

this said, today is "days since xxx < 1"
range is a grouping command : days since xxx range 30
intervals can be specified as usual usingoperators > >= < <=

Very Basic doc is here:
https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/FILTER%20FOLDERS.html

the link at bottom is broken : http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj8/interface/database/folders/filterfolders.html
and should replace with : http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/database/smartfolders.html#filter

annoying bug: when naming a filter folder, the click is pass through the dialog box and underlaying window is selected becomming attached to cursor and movable

Posté Mon 03 Aug 20 @ 3:39 pm
Nicotux wrote :
There is no doc about dates in VDJ
Dates are in standard japanese date format : YYYY/MM/DD
Standard comparison operators are working : =, !=, <, <=, >, >= as well as text ones : is, is not, equal, not equal, contains, doesn't contain
and some extra verbs can be used as well such as : range, days since, start with, ends with ...

Usable dates are absolute : file date, first seen, first play
or relative days since first seen, days since first play, days since last play

this said, today is "days since xxx < 1"
range is a grouping command : days since xxx range 30
intervals can be specified as usual usingoperators > >= < <=

Very Basic doc is here:
https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/FILTER%20FOLDERS.html

the link at bottom is broken : http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj8/interface/database/folders/filterfolders.html
and should replace with : http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/database/smartfolders.html#filter

annoying bug: when naming a filter folder, the click is pass through the dialog box and underlaying window is selected becomming attached to cursor and movable

I can't get it to work and support says they don't give support on this

Posté Mon 03 Aug 20 @ 7:27 pm
Mastermc789 wrote :

I can't get it to work

Perhaps if you gave us some more detailed information about what you need and what you've tried....?

So far all you've said is that you need "a ranger of dates" (park ranger? lone ranger?) and "today's date or a date less that or greater than" (which doesn't make a lot of sense).

Having a date greater than today would mean you want to list files from the future. How are you expecting that to work?

Posté Mon 03 Aug 20 @ 7:49 pm
groovindj wrote :
Mastermc789 wrote :

I can't get it to work

Perhaps if you gave us some more detailed information about what you need and what you've tried....?

So far all you've said is that you need "a ranger of dates" (park ranger? lone ranger?) and "today's date or a date less that or greater than" (which doesn't make a lot of sense).

Having a date greater than today would mean you want to list files from the future. How are you expecting that to work?

ranger was a typo . now what i need is a range of dates for file date and not first seen . Let's say between 2020/01/01 and 2020/08/03 . Need also specific dates like file date is 2019/01/03 . Also let's say file date greater than 2020/01/01 . I Don't think i can be clearer than that . You are funny though with your park ranger .

Posté Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 2:50 am
groovindj wrote :
information about what you need and what you've tried

Mastermc789 wrote :
what i need is

OK.....and what you tried is?

Posté Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 7:41 am
groovindj wrote :
groovindj wrote :
information about what you need and what you've tried

Mastermc789 wrote :
what i need is

OK.....and what you tried is?

see attached . I thought what I said above was clear . I did nothing special but use a simple definition in my filter folder .

Posté Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 11:08 am
Look at the examples given, especially the last one (group by artist) that uses the full date. Notice how it's different to yours.

Posté Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 11:18 am
groovindj wrote :
Look at the examples given, especially the last one (group by artist) that uses the full date. Notice how it's different to yours.

then why does First Seen >= 2019/08/03 work and not file date ? I tried different ways removing spaces and adding spaces and nothing works but first seen works even if you remove spaces .

By the way I just tried group by artist and the file dates in the browser are in the exact same format as my definition

May I ask how you would type the file date definition ?

Posté Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 11:25 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
No need to try further. There was indeed an issue with dates using File Date field. Devs are looking at as we speak and a fix will be provided in future update.

Posté Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 12:43 pm
@Mastermc789 thank you for providing enough information to enable Atomix to investigate and discover the issue.

Posté Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 12:48 pm
djdad wrote :
No need to try further. There was indeed an issue with dates using File Date field. Devs are looking at as we speak and a fix will be provided in future update.

thank you i had a feeling this was a bug

Posté Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 12:49 pm
Mastermc789 wrote :

If you have more of those feelings, you should apply for Beta tester :)

Posté Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 12:53 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Note that since the 'File Date' column requires checking the date of every file in your database, it might be relatively slow to use even when it's fixed.
So if possible for your use, first seen would make the filter folder fill much faster.

groovindj wrote :
@Mastermc789 thank you for providing enough information to enable Atomix to investigate and discover the issue.

i am new here and i am glad that i was able to find the bug .

Strange that it never got noticed .

Adion wrote :
Note that since the 'File Date' column requires checking the date of every file in your database, it might be relatively slow to use even when it's fixed.
So if possible for your use, first seen would make the filter folder fill much faster.

the grouping part works so i doubt it will be an issue once fixed

Posté Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 12:55 pm
djdad wrote :
Mastermc789 wrote :

If you have more of those feelings, you should apply for Beta tester :)

where do i do that ?

I usually catch bugs really fast

Posté Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 12:56 pm
this is now fixed in e latest build . File date >= ****/**/** but group by file date is now broken along with any group by with dates such as first play and last play and first seen . I reported all those so hopefully it will be fixed soon .

Posté Sat 08 Aug 20 @ 12:29 pm
Team will provide a fix soon, but in the meantime you can use ..
Group by First Seen range x

where x is in seconds, so 86400 (for per Day group) or 2592000 (for per month grouping)
First Seen can be replaced with any other Date field.

Posté Sat 08 Aug 20 @ 3:14 pm
djdad wrote :
Team will provide a fix soon, but in the meantime you can use ..
Group by First Seen range x

where x is in seconds, so 86400 (for per Day group) or 2592000 (for per month grouping)
First Seen can be replaced with any other Date field.

thanks

Posté Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 10:51 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)