Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Script to display selected sampler bank name on skin?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

The title says it all. If anyone knows that bit of script please share:-)

Posté Wed 09 Sep 20 @ 2:23 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
where? depends where you want it but this is a custom_button
`get_sampler_bank`

Posté Wed 09 Sep 20 @ 3:04 pm
locodog wrote :
`get_sampler_bank`

I want it to display on my skin so I know which bank is loaded without having to dive way down in the browser section. PLease see image. Right now I have custom text there saying Video Bay 1.

Posté Wed 09 Sep 20 @ 4:52 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
replace your text="VIDEO BAY 1" (or format="VIDEO BAY 1") with action="get_sampler_bank" in your <textzone><text> line.

In your skin though, i see another block with BAY 3 and some samples(?) below. The action above will get the same of the currently selected Sample Bank. What's the purpose of the BAY 3 buttons ?

Posté Wed 09 Sep 20 @ 5:00 pm
With the default pad coding, it does display there.

If that's a custom skin which you've written, then have a look at the XML code for the pad section in the wiki or in the default skin, to see how it's done.

Posté Wed 09 Sep 20 @ 5:02 pm
locodog wrote :
`get_sampler_bank`

That did it thanks!!!!

Posté Wed 09 Sep 20 @ 5:03 pm
djdad wrote :
replace your text="VIDEO BAY 1" (or format="VIDEO BAY 1") with action="get_sampler_bank" in your <textzone><text> line.

In your skin though, i see another block with BAY 3 and some samples(?) below. The action above will get the same of the currently selected Sample Bank. What's the purpose of the BAY 3 buttons ?

I converted all those slots to sample playback buttons in my skin. So I have 16 slots available to trigger banks of video clips. I just called it Video Bay 1, 2, 3, 4 etc because I want to use them primarily for video clips. I have many different banks of clips so when I switch to different banks having the bank name displayed helps me select a proper theme for the music I am playing. Thanks to all for your help!

Posté Wed 09 Sep 20 @ 5:09 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)