Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Disabling the Stop at begining & end of Track, during Fast Cueing

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

wish to Disable the Stop that exists when Fast Cueing the waveform (see video)

https://gyazo.com/74ed15f5dcb95a1f72df6e1d17c07e85

Is there an options setting that turns this off? or sets(extends) the range of the stop position. Currently it seems to be set to about 2 bars.

Posté Wed 14 Oct 20 @ 12:39 am
Can you elaborate on what the Stop is?

Posté Wed 14 Oct 20 @ 6:14 pm
You mean scrolling past the start and end of song I guess..
The song stops, naturally, if there is no more song..

But could be a longer lead in / lead out setting perhaps ...

Posté Wed 14 Oct 20 @ 6:25 pm
Hi thank you for the quick reply ..

and I didn't know how to explain it better ..

so I added that short video

https://gyazo.com/74ed15f5dcb95a1f72df6e1d17c07e85

where you see, that when in search mode, one cannot move past 2 bars from the end of the track. (that is 2 bars before the track or 2 bars before the end of the track, as shown in the video)

search mode is when, on my controller I use shift and touch the top of Jog wheel.

here is that mapping for the JOG_TOUCH shift ? touchwheel_touch 'search' : touchwheel_touch

the limitation of not being able to move more then 2 Bars beyond the start of the track, prohibits me from positioning/aligning a playing track more the 2 bars into another playing track.

ie I cannot position a (muted) playing track on deck B to be in middle of playing track on deck A, (now only 2 bars in)

Is there a way to disable that barrier so the waveform can be positioned anywhere you would like, relative to the (Current Position white line)

Note: When NOT in search mode I CAN move past the those Stop points (barriers), but cannot spin the jog wheel fast enough to move a track 70 bars to place it in the middle of the other playing song, in a reasonable time.

Posté Thu 15 Oct 20 @ 1:14 am
No, there is no way to do that, and I doubt if it's any useful.
I mean I don't know your workflow, but going 70 bars before the track starts (320 beats or a value between 2 and 3 minutes) is not something typically a DJ would (want to) do.

Posté Thu 15 Oct 20 @ 6:25 am
Thank you for your reply

Was hoping there was a way to do that.

Why is that restriction even there?

seems like that should not be a big programing change to remove it, or make it optional.

Would love to have that feature, with a check box in options to remove that barrier, restriction.

---------------------------------------------------------------

A possible work around: Is there a parameter to adjust the speed that the (non-search mode) jog wheel moves the waveform?

Since the barrier only exists when in search mode.

If I can speed up the normal jog wheel movement of the waveform.. that would be great. and then I could create a button to switch between the 2 diff speed modes for the jog wheel.

Posté Thu 15 Oct 20 @ 9:46 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
No, there is no way to do that, and I doubt if it's any useful.
I mean I don't know your workflow, but going 70 bars before the track starts (320 beats or a value between 2 and 3 minutes) is not something typically a DJ would (want to) do.

Now that i think about it, while Virtual DJ does allow you to scroll past the start of the song, beatjumps and loops don't behave properly. They get cropped or shifted to the actual part where the file starts, which can be annoying when you want to use a loop to start an intro of a song at the perfect moment that doesn't have enough time in the audio file before the desired point to set up the loop properly. Maybe this is something that could be looked at? I don't know if my description made sense, but i could record a video.

Posté Thu 15 Oct 20 @ 12:34 pm
You can have a loop going before the track actually starts. But you have to use manual looping (the loop in & loop out buttons) in order to set it.
Also it is possible to move 4 or 8 beats before track start, which should cover most if not all dj needs for an intro loop.

Posté Sat 17 Oct 20 @ 4:02 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)