Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet How should I map Effects to my controller?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I want to be able to add noise, echo, etc. effects to my mixes but since my controller doesn't have a dedicated effects knob, I'm not sure what I should map it to.

The controller in question: https://imgur.com/a/64abfwO

Thanks in advance.

Posté Sat 17 Apr 21 @ 4:52 pm
I would map it at the sampler section top left...
Seems like a "perfect" effect section (unless you use sampler a lot and want to keep them)

Map the knob to : effect_slider 1 1 (next to effect_slider 2 1, then next effect_slider 3 1 etc)
Map the button below the knob to : effect_active 1 (and 2 and 3 and 4)

For example

Posté Sat 17 Apr 21 @ 5:00 pm
Hi, thanks for the help. A couple of questions: How do I choose which deck to activate the effect on? How do I set a different effect to each button? And do you have any idea why button 4 isn't lighting up when I press it like the other ones?

Posté Sat 17 Apr 21 @ 7:28 pm
if you dont specify deck in the mapper , the effects will be on the active deck.
the active deck is the song you last "touched".. either loaded song on, or using jogwheel on etc.

But you can specify deck. For example the two first could be deck left and the two last deck right.
In the mapper just prefix that.. for example

deck left effect_active 2
deck right effect_slider 2 1

Not sure why the last button dont light up. Looks like its mapped to sample 4 play from the image.
So perhaps you didnt have a 4th sample in the current selected sampler bank

- -

Also, since you have filter knob at all the channels, keep in mind this can be used for Color FX.
Simply change in skin (down arrow near filter knob) to echo, noise etc...
But you might still want a full effect section up in the left corner even if so ;-)

Posté Sat 17 Apr 21 @ 8:19 pm
Thanks! It's been working almost beautifully. Just one more thing. I'm adding effects to the song currently playing, but as soon as I queue up the next song, the effects change decks even though the queued up song doesn't even have volume yet. Would you happen to have a solution for this?

Posté Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 1:40 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
By default the effects apply to action deck (the last one in use)
in a way to make them apply to the deck you ear you can prepend action with "deck active "

deck active effect_active 2
deck active effect_slider 2 1

this will affect either the deck 1 by default or the last one in use if none is playing or the loudest one if one or both are playing

Posté Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 2:02 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)