Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Pioneer DDJ 1000SRT SOUND COLOR FX and BEAT FX issues
Krisyx PRO SubscriberMember since 2014
I just got the board in the subject, I made sure to check if the board is compatible with VDJ before buying by checking the website, the SOUND COLOR FX and BEAT FX doesn't work spent hours trying to figure out why. I'm on windows, I have a pro sub so the board isn't locked down and the board works perfectly fine in Serato, is there anyone here who can help?

Posté Wed 09 Jun 21 @ 10:07 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Is your Audio Setup as shown here .. https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddj1000srt/installation.html and speakers connected to the rear panel of 1000SRT ?

Are you using the factory default mapping ? If so, can you try again with it ?

FYI, the entire Mixer & FX section of the device is hardware operated, meaning that you may see some knobs and faders moving on the skin, but it's only a fake mode as the device is applying its own Equalizer and Effects.
So if any of these doesnt work, you probably dont use the default configuration

Posté Wed 09 Jun 21 @ 11:22 pm
ok first your name is hilarious and I love it, thank you for the reply.
Second I wasn't aware of the difference between hardware and software, I didn't connect any speakers, I was just trying to practice and what I normally do is play through my laptop speakers, I didn't know effects only apply when u have speakers connected, so how would I hear these effects for recording or streaming?

note: I have semi-pro boards but the effects are normally in the software so i normally hear them anywhere nothing this advance so when I stream all I do is output to comp speakers and add that line to streamlabs

Posté Thu 10 Jun 21 @ 11:57 am
For recording, DDJ-1000SRT offers a dedicated "record loopback" input in it's USB audio bus. This input is used by VirtualDJ for recording and VirtualDJ records whatever you hear coming out of the speakers connected on your controller.
Same rule applies for streaming, as long as you stream directly through VirtualDJ.
VirtualDJ uses the "record loopback" sound interface of the controller to capture the audio and stream it.

However, things get more complicated if you don't stream directly through VirtualDJ.
Unfortunately, ASIO drivers cannot be used by two applications at the same time.
This means that while VirtualDJ uses the ASIO drivers to perform playback, you can't use the same ASIO drivers with another application to capture the sound of the audio loopback.
In this case you need to connect a cable on one of the outputs of the controller (preferably the booth out so that you have individual volume control for it) and route the signal on one line input of your computer/laptop built in sound interface. Then you will be able to configure the other application to use that line input as the source of the stream.

On all of the above cases, hardware effects, EQ, filters e.t.c. will be audible and captured on the recording/streaming.

Posté Thu 10 Jun 21 @ 12:45 pm
guys thanks so much for the help, i cant test this yet but based on what u said all i need is a 1/4 jack to 3.mm from booth to my comp and tell it's a line and add that line to streamlabs. is this correct?

Posté Thu 10 Jun 21 @ 3:07 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
booth is a balanced out, so the wire would be a weird one, not something you'd get easily off the shelf [or you'd need to use a few adaptors]

left booth 1/4" tip to 3.5mm tip
right booth 1/4" tip to 3.5mm ring
both booth jacks would need the rings disconecting

Posté Thu 10 Jun 21 @ 3:50 pm
@Loco, while booth output is indeed Balanced (TRS) a simple RCA cable to mini jack with two adapters RCA to Jack will work for this.
Sure, the correct way to go from balanced to unbalnced is not this, but we don't need to complicate things for such cases. :P

Posté Thu 10 Jun 21 @ 7:42 pm

Posté Fri 11 Jun 21 @ 9:58 am
ok, imma try loco's way, turns out the mixing board im using for my mic had a open unbalance line i can use for the board booth output.

Posté Fri 11 Jun 21 @ 10:15 am
ok it works now, and i have a output to speakers and back into comp for streaming, thanks so much for the help again guys

Posté Fri 11 Jun 21 @ 7:31 pm