Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet How to create own Stem files ("Stem creator" for VDJ) - Page: 1
JirSimPRO InfinityMember since 2021
Hi,

I would like to ask, how can I create own vdjstem files - NO REALTIME STEMS. Is it possible?

I am Producer and I have no problem to export from my DAW Kick channel, HiHat channel, Bass channel, Instrument channel and Vocal channel.

Realtime stems feature is cool, but the quality is not 100%. For this Reason I preffer to create own stem files with 100% quality. I.E. Traktor uses own Stems Creator tool. I am looking for way and program, how I can do it.

This is the last thing that stop me to switch to VirtualDJ from Traktor.

Thank you very much.

Posté Thu 19 Aug 21 @ 8:53 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
 Best Answer Use the command open_stem_creator on a custom button

Posté Fri 19 Aug 22 @ 7:38 am[ selected best answer by Adion on Sat 27 Aug 22 @ 6:57 am ]
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Right click a track and choose "Precompute stems" ?

Posté Thu 19 Aug 21 @ 9:37 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
not what he means nico, he has the stems already as he using self produced tracks.
he wants to build a vdj stem file with stuff from his DAW

Posté Thu 19 Aug 21 @ 9:47 pm
xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
I create each stem manually in VDJ and record the master output for my DAW. Some producers still opt for using Audacity to layer a song with the acapella or instrumental and invert the phase to create a cleaner sounding stem.

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 1:21 am
2Xylume

I dont want to create stems from VirtualDJ for my DAW (vdj=>daw). I want create vdjstems fiom daw for VirtualDJ (daw=>vdj).

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 7:11 am
xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
There's Acoustica 7.3 or Ozone RX Pro (pricier) to create stems, however, it won't be that much better even with spectral editing. There's a lot of VST Plugins that do a similar job by using your DAW, but they almost all sound the same and most only give 4 out of 5 stems. Some producers use an inverted phase to create stems that sound cleaner, but it's not that easy to do. There's a lot of videos on YouTube on this subject, I hope you find what you're looking for.

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 7:47 am

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 8:47 am
Hi Guys,

you are discussing a wrong Topic. I don't need to separate stems from MP3 etc.!!! I produce own music and for this reason I have all, what i need !!!. From my Ableton or Bitwig projects I can export without problems following channels in 100% quality:

vocal channel
hihat channel
bass channel
instrument channel
kick channel

I am looking for a way, how I can put it all together and create .vdjstems file.

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 9:12 am
This Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RscqHeFBOVg
shows, how it works by Traktor. You export needed channels from your DAW and than you import it to the STEM CREATOR. STEM CREATOR create multichannel audio stem file for Traktor. I want to make right this, but for VirtualDJ.

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 9:22 am
.vdjstems files are just mp4 files with multiple streams, so you can create them yourself as well.
It is simply 5 streams in one file so any mp4 muxer can create these from the individual stems.

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 9:49 am
I know, that vdjstem file is 5 stereochannel mp4 file, but I am not able to create it in right way.

I have created vdjstem(mp4) file with Davinci Resolve 16. It works in VirtualDJ, but it sounds terrible there. I think, that VDJ does not decode my files right. In Davinci Resolve quality is OK. In VLC quality is OK too ...

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 9:54 am
Can you send me the file? I'll have a look what's wrong with it

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 10:10 am
Yes, write me your email. The test file is 4MB big ...

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 10:30 am
Does someone tried import and export vdjstems into Audacity? I have installed ffmpeg library successfully, but when I import vjdstems.mp4 file i get following error:

Error importing
aaaaa.mp4 is an Advanced Audio Coding file. Without the optional FFmpeg library, Audacity cannot open this type of file.

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 12:20 pm
The last my experiment was "successfull". I have used Stems Creator from Traktor in following way (StemsCreator - VDJ):
Drum - Hihat
Bass - Bass
Synths - Instruments
Vox - Kick
Master File - Vocal

After export and renaming of the file it has worked, but I have found out 1 problem with Volume. I.E. when I disable Vocal, the rest is loader ...

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 1:25 pm
I think, that VirtualDJ shoud develop own solution for Stems from source files (source stems like vocal.wav+ hihat.wav+bass.wav+instruments.wav+kick.wav). Then the DJs can combine 2 worlds: realime stems and source stems together. If I own source stems, why should I degrade the quality with realtime stems?! If I don't own source stems, then I can use realtime stems, because realtime stems are better than nothing ...

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 1:32 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
JirSim wrote :
I think, that VirtualDJ shoud develop own solution for Stems from source files (source stems like vocal.wav+ hihat.wav+bass.wav+instruments.wav+kick.wav). Then the DJs can combine 2 worlds: realime stems and source stems together. If I own source stems, why should I degrade the quality with realtime stems?! If I don't own source stems, then I can use realtime stems, because realtime stems are better than nothing ...

+1 for quality :)

Posté Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 6:57 am
An easy solution would be to add support to VDJ for NI Stems format. It would kill two birds with one stone, as they do have a Stem Creator and also many available Stems tracks that could be played.

Posté Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 8:16 am
2GROOVINDJ

VDJ and Traktor use the same Technology (5 stereo channels in mp4), but different concept to store stems.

Traktor:
1-MASTER
2-Drums*
3-Bass*
4-Synths*
5-Vox*
*-it is not standard, you can store what you want, where you want ...

VDJ:
1-Vocal
2-Hihat
3-Bass
4-Instruments
5-Kick
(VDJ uses this like standard!)

You can use STEMS CREATOR for VDJ too, but you cannot store MASTER channel + you have to add the stems in following way:

1 - Hihat
2 - Bass
3 - Instruments
4 - Kick
5 - Vocal
(Vocal is stored in MASTER)

I tried STEMS CREATOR to make .vdjstems, but I have found a problem, that VDJ uses some kind of audio processing over stems. I.E. if I mute Vocal channel or Instruments channel, than the Drums (Kick channel + Hihat channel) are loader. I think, that it is audio processing for realtime stems (maybe to sound better), that by source stems is not necesseary (and is wrong) ...

Posté Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 10:34 am
It might be because your master channel is mixed differently. Make sure that the master track is just a normal mix of the individual channels (without or with minimal compression)

Posté Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 10:53 am
25%