Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet How to keep the effects (Vst's) on the last slots used? (banks A+B)
and I'm using the numark NV with VDJ2021...when i swap banks it loads up the defaults...bah..i need to keep what vst's i loaded..

Posté Tue 21 Sep 21 @ 7:36 am
You need to "save" your banks before calling them again
effect_bank_save 1

effect_bank_save 2

effect_bank_save 3

e.t.c.

Then you can use
effect_bank_load 1

to recall the saved effect slots

PS: The "A"/"B" buttons on the controller are not programmed to recall effect slots as you can read on the unit's manual: https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/numark/nv/layout/mixer.html (item 24)
Instead they clone the effects from one deck to the other.

Posté Tue 21 Sep 21 @ 9:44 pm
I meant the vst's i had in the slots last before pressing the banks buttons on the NV?...(lOCO..WHERE ARE YOU?..(EDIT...oH PHANTHOM ...I did'nmt see yoiur post/refresh the page..lets see..

Posté Tue 21 Sep 21 @ 10:18 pm
Geopge..where do i input those codes?...I have not done any coding in years,and not on vdj2021..help!..

Posté Tue 21 Sep 21 @ 10:25 pm
can i add these codes to a a button on the NV?..or is it on the skin? (but I am using the "Old" skin,because I need to see the 4 decks..)

Posté Tue 21 Sep 21 @ 10:31 pm
George,Loco..I got it..But I have to code it on the New Skin...I wished someone Would Add the custom Buttons on the old skin...so we can use that wi VDJ 2021?

Posté Tue 21 Sep 21 @ 11:27 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
pre 18 skin has custom buttons [see skin variation dropdown on the top bar > show empty buttons]

we could cycle banks with your A/B buttons, we could do a few things, how are you wanting those buttons to function?

Posté Tue 21 Sep 21 @ 11:56 pm
well i used (just now) the new skin to add them codes,then switched back to the old skin (no buttons) and the NV does the rest,so i mean graphically have like 4 custom buttons on good old?....

Posté Wed 22 Sep 21 @ 1:01 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
old skin have optional custom buttons
just select "empty buttons" in layout combo

Posté Wed 22 Sep 21 @ 1:33 am
he,he,duh...thanks...will do...

Posté Wed 22 Sep 21 @ 2:20 am
dang! I dont see this..in optios?

Posté Wed 22 Sep 21 @ 2:27 am
Sorry, same error as locodog ;) forgot the 4 decks old layout is the only one without this option :\

after some reflection, ...VSTs should stay in slots upon restart
what does not stay are VSTs GUIs that were open (switching/reloading skin making them disappear but not close) an current effect status

Posté Wed 22 Sep 21 @ 2:41 am
Nico,what layout combo?..i must have a really old skin..

Posté Wed 22 Sep 21 @ 2:48 am
dropdown or combobox to select the skin layout (on top bar)
just two different names for the same thing

This is as well settings -> options -> skins -> skinEmptyButtons
but old skin "4 decks" layout does not take care about it :(

Posté Wed 22 Sep 21 @ 2:58 am
thats why!..bummer...but why not?..is'nt there plenty of space to add some buttons or another dropdown?

Posté Wed 22 Sep 21 @ 3:07 am
Oh darn...George..there is something missing in the codes..the light for the "B" button quit lighting up..on the NV...only the "A" Bank is working...

Posté Wed 22 Sep 21 @ 5:17 am