Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet License and controller?
Hey there... weird thing happened. I have VDJ on two computers(main and backup) with an infinity pro subscription. Opened up VDJ for the first time in a while and it told me it was used on another instance and I need to login again. Any ideas why that would have occurred? Thanks!

Posté Fri 22 Apr 22 @ 8:55 pm
HeltinoPRO InfinityMember since 2020
did the login not work?
I don´t get the question....if a subscription is active and VDJ is asking for a login..where in detail is the issue?

Posté Sat 23 Apr 22 @ 1:32 am
Yes, the login in worked. I just don't understand why it asked me for a login all of a sudden? I never log out. Can I be logged in on two computers at once? The second computer is in aux plug as a back up, not the mixer. I'm just worried in the middle of a gig VDJ stops working.

Posté Sat 23 Apr 22 @ 1:12 pm
djmartymiz wrote :
I'm just worried in the middle of a gig VDJ stops working

It shouldn't happen in the middle of a gig, as you would either log in or already be logged in when you start the gig.

When you log in, a license file is created on your computer. That file stays there unless you log out, so if you keep a copy in a safe place, it can always be replaced.

When VDJ starts up, if it has internet access then it checks the login status. If you do not allow it internet access (or there is none at the venue) then it will simply use the license file.

Posté Sat 23 Apr 22 @ 1:35 pm
Thank you! That makes perfect sense since I typically don't connect to the internet, but I did to download some promo only music. I think that explains it. I appreciate your help!

Posté Sat 23 Apr 22 @ 1:38 pm
So I have a similar issue. My MC300 is my backup rig, and it only keeps the PRO license in the license area if I am online, which I never do at a gig. So why would it not hold the license in that area when I am offline and just need to use the system? I moved from an outdated operating system on my PC to Windows 10 and got all the updates needed to run it, so that's the only change. I do have "Remember Me" checked at login when it asks, fyi. Same concern: box pops up after a while and says to identify myself to keep using it for free, which I shouldn't have to do or worry about. I am never online at gigs, so this is an issue for me as well.

Posté Wed 30 Nov 22 @ 12:22 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Perhaps because you have stayLoggedIn setting to No (in VirtualDJ Settings->OPTIONS) ?

Posté Wed 30 Nov 22 @ 12:26 pm
DJDad....just checked that setting, and it was checked YES

Posté Wed 30 Nov 22 @ 6:06 pm
Once you log in, do you leave yourself logged in when you close VDJ and shut down the computer, or do you ever log yourself out?

If you don't log out, how many computers are you using VDJ on (and logging into)?

Posté Wed 30 Nov 22 @ 6:16 pm