Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Energy and others tags fields
Nowdays there is anothers news tags fields that is important, and some plataforms as Tunebat, Spotify, discogs and other are improving... So i think thats important to implementes this news ID3 Tags fields.

ENERGY, POPULARITY, DANCEBILTY, HAPPINESS

Posté Thu 09 Jun 22 @ 1:45 am
+1

Posté Thu 09 Jun 22 @ 4:14 am
I'm surprised this isn't a more popular request! A big +1 from me :)

It would be nice to be able to add ANY tag to the columns. I love VDJ but I don't want to depend on its database to organize my collection. I want to be able to set any tags from any software and be able to see them in VDJ.

Posté Thu 25 May 23 @ 7:10 am
user26445702 wrote :
I'm surprised this isn't a more popular request!

I guess it could be because they don't really exist :)
They are not part of the mp3 tagging standard. So some software creator have just decided to add some info they would like to store in some random empty places in the mp3 file header, often without documenting where. because it's really just supposed to be for their software
Then another company comes along an decides that they want to be able to read it, and has basically flooded all empty header areas of an mp3 file with combinations of numbers and letters, to see which place is then read as the specific "tag" the first company invented out of the blue. Then they have risked it, and decided to trust that that's where it will always be, and just said they now support it, without really knowing. So really 100% reverse engineering

That of course also means that most of these type of tags die of, because other companies with more users decide to do it differently, and then we are back to square one

In other words: Without a standard you can try and guess, and build support based on you best guess
And you can probably get something to work - but it may break any day

Posté Thu 25 May 23 @ 7:52 am