Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Clicks and pops as well as cutting off the first beat of songs.
2022 M2 MacBook Pro 8GB Ram. When mixing two songs even without stem usage, but with stem 2.0 activated, it will sound like CPU overload type clicks and pops as well as some slight slow down. Activity Monitor says no more than 72% CPU total for computer on average and barely any CPU usage on the VDJ CPU monitor. It's very noticeable. Also some songs end up Smoothing out the first beat of songs. You will first see the transient of the first beat and then after analysis, it smooths it so that you can't cue right from that first beat.

Posté Sun 27 Nov 22 @ 3:16 am
That sounds like regular buffer underruns. If so, try setting your buffer/latency a bit higher

Posté Sun 27 Nov 22 @ 9:08 am
klausmogensen wrote :
That sounds like regular buffer underruns. If so, try setting your buffer/latency a bit higher

Thanks for this! I was hoping that is what it was. I did raise the buffer from 128 to 256. I still hear some of the clicks and pops but a lot less. I will continue to check... even though 256 has some noticeable latency in my headphones. Smoothing is the same at both latency. Before pic is on top and, after a second or so, after pic is on bottom.

Posté Sun 27 Nov 22 @ 7:54 pm
klausmogensen wrote :

Raised it to 512 and still an issue. Slow downs, clicks and pops... I was really hoping that's all it was, but not.

Posté Mon 28 Nov 22 @ 3:18 am
Turn off as many background processes as possible. Start with wifi, Bluetooth, and any others not needed. I believe, but not sure, Mac's have an airplane function. If so activate it then run VDJ and see if the problems persist.

Posté Mon 28 Nov 22 @ 10:38 pm
DJ_Mello wrote :
Turn off as many background processes as possible. Start with wifi, Bluetooth, and any others not needed. I believe, but not sure, Mac's have an airplane function. If so activate it then run VDJ and see if the problems persist.

This was it!!!! VirtualDJ helped on chat and I found that I didn't have the CPU Meter set to "system" and even with nothing playing, the system CPU was at about 40%. I can also now honestly say that I'm also not sure that I restarted the computer after install... and once I did, that did the trick!

Thanks for you help!

Posté Tue 29 Nov 22 @ 12:10 am
I also disabled iCloud on this computer and also Google Drive sync was also keeping my music folder sync'd in the cloud and that was taking up A LOT of CPU power that I didn't even notice.

Posté Tue 29 Nov 22 @ 4:28 pm
Got rid of the clicks and pops, as I stated yesterday... but the smoothing of the first transient of a track after stem computation is still there consistently.

Posté Wed 30 Nov 22 @ 2:09 pm
Please disregard. Everything is working fine now.

Posté Thu 01 Dec 22 @ 12:45 am
Al Watkins wrote :
Got rid of the clicks and pops, as I stated yesterday... but the smoothing of the first transient of a track after stem computation is still there consistently.

What did you do to rectify this? I have noticed that on a few tracks myself.

Posté Thu 01 Dec 22 @ 3:06 pm
LOL... I just responded on your post! I was coming back on here to say that it's smoothing the first transient again on prepared stems as well as real-time. It messes up loops and dropping in with silent cue. It went away on songs and back now.

Posté Fri 02 Dec 22 @ 10:50 pm
djrxmxPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi guys and gals, I get just a little bit of a profound audio pop periodically while running Stems 2.0. What I have done is put together a test list consisting of about 20 tracks. LONG STORY SHORT, approximately 1 out of 5 tracks will have one or two pops within the play back, and that's about it. My core Windows PC system is as follows: Win 10 (all updates); 9th gen i7 including 6 cpu cores; 16 gigs RAM; very fast SSD drive (all songs are on it); RTX 2070 vid card including 8 gigs of vram.

Secondly, one particular thing to remark on is that I have only tested out Virtual DJ 2023 on my laptop's included standard audio Realtek(R) chipset. I haven't actually tested things yet using my USB Pioneer DDJ-RS2 controller (which includes a very high quality audio interface). I will of course do some testing using my controller instead of Realtek(R) chipset drivers. But in the mean time, I'm thinking that I should still get basically flawless performance even if VDJ software playback is using my laptops sound chipset, correct me if I'm wrong.

If anyone has any feedback on the aforementioned issue, I would immensely appreciate it. Thank you!

Posté Sat 03 Dec 22 @ 7:56 pm