Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet [SOLVED] Controller Crash with DDJ Rev7 & Stem 2.0
MHand7Home userMember since 2016
Hoping this is the right place - I've found an issue related specifically to the DDJ Rev 7 and stems. It causes a complete controller lockout, freezes everything in its current state and the controller can't even be turned off! The only way is to pull the power.

The issue is to do with the DDJ Rev 7 being in software effect mode and using the Stem 2.0 effects - I've only tested with the Instrumental echo-out effect but as soon as I push the pad to echo out it cuts the music and freezes. I've replicated it a couple of times and it seems specific to this set-up - when the unit is in hardware effect mode it doesn't happen. The firmware is the latest and the VDJ build is b7356 on M1 Mac.

I've filmed the issue and linked the video - https://www.dropbox.com/s/tfzrer0tmscj8i2/DDJ%20REV7%20VDJ%20Lockup.MOV?dl=0

Posté Thu 01 Dec 22 @ 3:14 pm
We have identified the cause of the problem and we will fix it ASAP.

Posté Thu 01 Dec 22 @ 10:45 pm
Amazing thank!

* EDIT - Restart Fixed this but left just incase it needs looking at

I have another issues but I'm not sure if it's related to the controller or a setting - random tracks are "fading" in from the very first beat. It makes scratching from the very start of a track impossible but also happens when you hit the hotcue...it's like a very soft split second fade in...But doesn't happen on all tracks.

Any ideas?

Posté Fri 02 Dec 22 @ 11:44 pm
MHand7 wrote :
Amazing thank!

* EDIT - Restart Fixed this but left just incase it needs looking at

I have another issues but I'm not sure if it's related to the controller or a setting - random tracks are "fading" in from the very first beat. It makes scratching from the very start of a track impossible but also happens when you hit the hotcue...it's like a very soft split second fade in...But doesn't happen on all tracks.

Any ideas?

**Double edit - it's back and happens as soon as the 'computing stems' appears - making stems in real time on an M1 mac. Only happens if the song starts right at the beginning of the track - sounds like the first beat goes ultra streo and removes the bottom end and fades in

Posté Sat 03 Dec 22 @ 1:50 am
Worked out whats going on - not sure its a bug or not but I'm putting it here incase anyone else has same issue and if an option to reset on song load can be added

It's to do with the Stem Effect selection - Melody, Vocal or Rhythm

If one of those is selected, even if stems aren't active, the very first bit of a track has a weird stem effect/filter/stereo fade on it and of the first beat of the song is at the very beginning of the song, it gets effected.
I didn't have these selected by default but once you have used say 'Instrumental echo out" it is staying active. I've tried to reset effects on song load and reset stems but it doesn't reset the 'stem effect selection'
As a caveat - I've just closed the software down and tried again and it didn't do it, however, it has been doing it all night and I could consistently get the 'first beat' back by deselecting the stem effects or quickly double tapping instrumental echo out on the new track.

Posté Sat 03 Dec 22 @ 2:18 am
It should be fixed in the latest EarlyAccess build

Posté Sat 03 Dec 22 @ 9:11 am