Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Can't run 2.1 in w98

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

laxskanHome userMember since 2001
Help!!

Dowloaded the eagerly awaited 2.1 installed started, typed serial number o.k. Ran program great!! downloaded all the hi res. skins great! Then things started to go wrong, my display kept switching into 800*600 mode and Atomixmp3 screen disappered. I tried to run Atomixmp3 again and it would not run. Tried reinstalling, still the same. Uninstalled deleated all the files in atomixmp3 directory. Redownloaded 2.1, installed. I get the insert serial no. part then atomixmp3 start up logo appeares then nothing. If I alt-ctl-del atomixmp3 is listed and I can close it. I also tried installing on my laptop and I got a similar result. Ran a few times then nothing.

My machine uses interal sound card and a USB sound card which all runs fine with 2.0. The laptop runs under windows ME not my choice. Any ideas anybody.

Cheers Alex

Posté Fri 22 Mar 02 @ 6:03 pm
The only suggestion I can make is to install Windows XP on your computer, it's very stable and I haven't yet found anything that won't run perfectly on it.

I cannot say for sure that 2.1 will work with XP, though, as I don't have 2.1 and the demo won't be available for another 3 weeks.

Posté Fri 22 Mar 02 @ 6:08 pm
I have just installed 2.1 on a third p.c which is running windows xp pro. Its seams fine so far however, this pc is not compatable with my USB sound card aaaaahhhhhhhh!! I prefer w98 but if all else fails I may consider changing operating systems. The whole system needs to be stable as I will be using it at several live venues.

Posté Fri 22 Mar 02 @ 8:27 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
Try updating your video drivers...

Posté Fri 22 Mar 02 @ 9:27 pm
crundlePRO InfinityMember since 2003
I am running atomix 2.1 on windows 98 second edition with 64 meg of ram, no problems....
Maybe if you get rid of the old atomix and try again from scratch. If it ran for a while the first time, then it might be corrupted now, so starting again may fix it...
I always try to format my computer every six months or so to keep the registry clean, I find it helps stop lots of problems

hope this is of some help

Posté Fri 22 Mar 02 @ 10:20 pm
djbyteHome userMember since 2003
Try deleting the registry entries in the regedit, and reinstalling.

Posté Fri 22 Mar 02 @ 11:12 pm
laxskanHome userMember since 2001
I tried updating video drivers, reinstall windows, deleting register files and then reinstall 2.1 still no joy!!

Anyone? any idea's this is getting stupid!!

Posté Sat 23 Mar 02 @ 12:32 pm
I have the same problem, the atomix startup screen loads and disappears but the actual program does not start and I am in WIN XP !!!
It worked fine for a few go's then this happened!! It started when I accidently blocked the internet access for atomixmp3 in my norton firewall.

(my serial code is orignal and I have purchased atomixmp3)

I have tried reinstalling atomixmp3, deleting registry entries, reinstalling windows!!, uninstalling firewall.

I have no idea on what to do next !!

any ideas ?

Posté Sat 23 Mar 02 @ 12:45 pm
i don't have 2.1 but sounds like that if the atomix doesn't get internet access when it does some (probably random) checking of the serial number against atomixmp3's servers, it sets up some flag possibly at hidden location to prevent software pirates using it.. well thats all wild guess.

Posté Sat 23 Mar 02 @ 5:37 pm
I have had the same problem in Windows XP for weeks....... it ran once now it just hangs in memory everytime you run it after that, sifted through registry, reinstalled it, uninstalled it .... it all doesn't work.... this is a SERIOUS issue people. any ideas maybe from the atomix team?

Posté Fri 10 May 02 @ 8:23 am
CHarmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
IF you can get the program running...... go to settings and turn off ...... charts. Worth a try or shut down any firewalls you have running. I have Zone alarm installed.... when I updated it, it did not put its self into the start up menu...and I have to start it myself........found out if I install a program and do not have zone alarm running the conditions you are talking about happen..... if I run the firewall....the program asks for permission and I give it.....and all is fine....... hope this will help you......BTW ...turning off the charts will keep atomix from asking for permission to connect to web. I think.

Posté Fri 10 May 02 @ 9:02 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
To the original author : mail us at service@atomixmp3.com to check your account

To the others, if after have reinstalled the program you have no box asking you the serial number simply buy the full version instead of using a cracked one and mail us at service@atomixmp3.com we will unlock the software.

Regards,
Yan-X

Posté Fri 10 May 02 @ 11:38 am
i guess the only thing we can do is to wait for a smarter crack to come out. all u crackers out there hurry up! sorry team atomix i can't afford it!!! i am an amature dj trying to make a presence. when i get famous and rich, i'll buy it.. lol

Posté Sat 29 Jun 02 @ 9:51 am
FUCK ATOMIX
thats shite,,, adding secret reg keys somewhere eh?
hmmm.............................................................
ill find you, you little bastard.

Posté Tue 30 Jul 02 @ 9:34 pm
guido28Home userMember since 2002
just delete all instances of atomix then reinstall

wait dont start program yet find on internet the crack for the program...

thebn get zone alarm(free)

when it asks you for permiossion for atomix to go surfing say no..

thats it no more security checking for you you little bas.....

Posté Mon 23 Sep 02 @ 12:50 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)