Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Skipping problem fix. I hope.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

FontHome userMember since 2001
Hoping this will help others. I posted this message alone rather than answering the question about skipping so, everybody can see it. If you recently installed Win2000 do not use the video drivers that came with it. Instead use the drivers that came with your video card.

This procedure worked for me.. Let me know if it worked for you.

Saludos

Posté Fri 05 Apr 02 @ 9:52 pm
I only notice it when many other programs are running at the same time !!

Posté Fri 05 Apr 02 @ 9:56 pm
You are right specially with Antivirus and maintenance tools.

Posté Sat 06 Apr 02 @ 6:25 am
that may be my issue, i tried to use geforce drivers instead of the diamond drivers, lets see........good insight though

Posté Sat 06 Apr 02 @ 8:26 pm
crundlePRO InfinityMember since 2003
I only have a celeron 466 with 64 meg of ram and a soundblaster live platinum - no skipping, but I also don't run any programs in the background, I wonder if some of these people with the skipping problem have lots of items in the toolbar next to their clock on the screen, I have heard that these take up about 5% of processor each. Try closing them all when running atomix and see what happens....
hope this helps
=)

Posté Mon 08 Apr 02 @ 10:25 am
I have a K6-2 500, 128 mb and a voodoo 3. My skips when i record to hard drive which is £$%£%$£ annoying!

Think it might be my soundcard though! Its an Aztech 288 Q3D-II, which although it does work it Win2000/XP they are not official drivers, just a bodged effort by me so they work just about!

I can record to minidisc which is fine enough but when I want it on cd and it comes to recording it back into the computer ( you can see this is a very long way round) the quality degrades massivley.

Posté Mon 08 Apr 02 @ 4:06 pm
crundlePRO InfinityMember since 2003
I don't know too much yet about winxp, but are your background programs off??
stuff like antivirus etc that might take up processor time?

Posté Tue 09 Apr 02 @ 12:46 pm
Rodie83Home userMember since 2001
WinXP....background programs. It all does not really matter. I tried Atomix on a 800mhz Celeron with 128 RAM with WinXP and it did not work smoothly. Now having a 128 MB extra upgrade (much to expensive for a toshiba, bu that is another storie) it works quite better. The problem with background scanning is that the program sometimes tries to scan the song you're playing and then it goes skipping. Just disable it for a while. You can test this in WinXP by running the taskmanager and then you can see background services only take some RAM and almost never processorpower.

Dj Rogerzzz

Posté Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 3:25 pm
I need help people. Whenever I try to download a new Skin for Atomix Mp3, it always comes up with a view.html or a detal.html file instead of the damn .zip file..... any suggestions?

Posté Thu 11 Apr 02 @ 3:10 am
dhboostHome userMember since 2002
You must choose to open the HTML file when ie prompts you to do so, and then il will ask you to save the ZIP file to disk.

Posté Wed 17 Apr 02 @ 5:28 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)