Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet what do you think to the scratch function?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

i personally find it hard to use and not that good! what do you think?

Posté Sun 19 May 02 @ 9:17 pm
So do I!

Posté Sun 19 May 02 @ 9:52 pm
it took me a long time to get used to.. but i think for a software program, it's pretty decent. just hard to get the hang of.

Posté Mon 20 May 02 @ 12:53 am
alholioHome userMember since 2001
scratching feels better when moving the hand forwards and backwards like when scratching vinyl, not left to right as Atomix does.

Perhaps the beat curves could run vertically for a scratching skin??!

Posté Mon 20 May 02 @ 3:35 am
NaDeRHome userMember since 2002
it's useless cause even if you get the hang of scratching on the mouse,you cant move the crossfader while scratching i know you can assign shortcuts but it wont move as much smoothly as you would want it to like if ur using the mouse and if ur using an external mixer its still moving the 2 hands right and left try that and u'll see its silly

NaDeR

Posté Mon 20 May 02 @ 6:42 am
Its pretty good for a software program. The actual algorithm used is pretty good. What I really hate about is the lack of control. You are only limited to the precesion of the mouse. It does not compare to scratching with a set of 1200's.

I play around with it from time to time ... but never use it in actual recordings. It's really not that useful, but its nice for a software program.

Posté Mon 20 May 02 @ 7:12 am
otsjuke has the neatest scratch function I think

Posté Mon 20 May 02 @ 11:48 am
Dears,

I've already asked this question several times, but so far no-one responded to it.

It is perfectly possible to write an automated scratch EFFECT. Meaning that it could automatically perform a scratch routine when being activated (sync'ed with the BPM).

However - as I am not Master Genius at scratching - I would like to receive a description of scratch routines which I can then automate in one or more effects.

I need things like scratch direction (fwd, backward), scratch speed (relative to original song speed), fader action (if any), scratch duration (relative to BPM), and scratch position (e.g. starts between 1st and 2nd beat, or alike).

It is my objective - once sufficient routines have been provided and the associated parameters are clearly identified - to build a generic GUI in which the user can configure these settings (and therefore make his own scratch routines dynamically).

So peopz, it's up to you.

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

PS : the backspin is under development. I hope to still finalize it this week, if I don't succeed it's going to be for the end of June.

Posté Mon 20 May 02 @ 12:33 pm
Scratch wizards ... help this man!!
greetz

Posté Mon 20 May 02 @ 7:21 pm
alholioHome userMember since 2001
@ Corpse - How will your backspin effect work?? beat-based I hope!

Posté Tue 21 May 02 @ 3:44 am
NaDeRHome userMember since 2002
if you really wanna check this scratch funsction get a dirt style track first,

NaDeR

Posté Tue 21 May 02 @ 5:11 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)