Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet foreign language use ; ability to use external database/searching; 3d Q's

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello. I just checked out the demo and was impressed. Excellent work, and great potential with this product.

I cannot get the playlist area to show anything other than english (is this possible? -- more importantly, see below...).

It would be nice to be able to use an external database/program for searching/organizing music (and be able to hide the default one)... but I see no way of adding a song to a deck other than to have it in the built-in database area (ie: you cannot even drag a file from windows onto a deck).

Also, am I understanding the "3D card" option correctly? -- I have a SB Live! 5.1 MP3 card... selecting the 3d option would give me deck one output on front stereo outputs and deck 2 output on rear stereo output -- is this right? [mixing and headphones will be on external mixer].

I also found it slightly awkward to seek or scan through a song -- the "position line" in the disc seemed to sometimes jump around when i clicked in the disc. The ability to drag it with the mouse (while listening would be a bonus) would make it much easier to seek. Similarly, having a fast fwd/rwd (like on a typical cd player) would be nice.

I also agree with other people's comments on having the ability to control as many functions as possible without the use of the mouse -- allowing to optionally connect additional hardware to use for control, maybe even use joystick devices?, and of course, keyboard control -- i know some key functions exist, but i think it would be good to be able to control both decks at the same time (ie: different keys for each).

i guess through the use of skins, one could alter the basic orientation of the display, and the size of the display and controls, etc ...??

And, lastly, if I want to use a second audio card (in addition to the 2 stereo channels provided by the 1st 3d card), I would have to run another instance? (and this 2nd card may or may not be 3d)... but, by running another instance, you cannot use the beat-matching features (because they don't span instances). maybe a thought for the future would be to allow for more than 2 decks... but, I do believe these other items to be far more important.

anyway, these are the thoughts that went through my head as i examined the product for the first time. overall, very nice. great job!

cheers,
steve.

Posté Fri 27 Jul 01 @ 12:57 pm
In regards to being able to use an external database/program for searching/organizing music -- how about an Automation or ActiveX control developer's interface to the application??

This is not too difficult to add, and (if done properly) would allow AtomixMP3 to be embedded seamlessly into another application (even one in a different language, one with a totally different database/seraching tool, etc...). Depending on how the interface is exposed, it may be possible to somehow address some of the other concerns as well in the external application (like the seeking/scanning I mentioned above, the display layout and size of the controls, and definately the external control features).

This would make AutomixMP3 a truly versatile product, and would also allow 3rd parties to help you keep up with some feature requests! I hope you seriously consider doing this.

Take care,
Steve.

Posté Fri 27 Jul 01 @ 11:55 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)