Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Sujet Base Skin Screws Up!!!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

i downloaded atomix MP3 a few months ago, and just today got the 'full' version....and in both the trial version and this one....once in every...5-6 times i run the program, the program stops displaying any moving items, such as the song position indicator, and the curves....and when i close the program and re-open it, it shows mea message saying 'invalid skin file'.....this is the blue and yellow skin that came with the probram...what is wrong with it, and how do i fix it???

Posté Wed 08 May 02 @ 3:39 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Please log in if you have purchased the program to identify yourself.

DJ Homeboy

Posté Wed 08 May 02 @ 4:39 am
ALRIGHT YOU PICKY-ASS MOFO'S, i created an account!! (don get your panties in a wad..i'm being sarcastic...)...i didnt do it earlier because i was in hurry to get my question up before i left, in hopes of getting and answer when i came back,...well that went down the toilet!!....so here's my question AGAIN....i downloaded atomix MP3 a few months ago, and just today got the 'full' version....and in both the trial version and this one....once in every...5-6 times i run the program, the program stops displaying any moving items, such as the song position indicator, and the curves....and when i close the program and re-open it, it shows me a message saying 'invalid skin file'.....(and now i've discovered that it does this with all the skins i've downloaded....HELP)...

-REGISTERED USER DJFUNKYFIFE

Posté Wed 08 May 02 @ 6:16 am
No need to get upset, I appreciate you logging in to get an answer. But don't you think that it is unfair that you paid for the program while other users get it for free. The only thing we can take from the hackers is knowledge. I welcome you to Atomix and I hope to see you in the chat. As for your question, I need to know your system requirements to help you. I hope to hear from you soon !

DJ Homeboy

Posté Wed 08 May 02 @ 6:56 am
LOL Sorry not your requirements but your specs !

Posté Wed 08 May 02 @ 6:58 am
alright my system requirements :).....specs.....are::

sony vaio, 650 MHZ pIII, 128mb ram, 40 gig, and i actually tried to open up some of the bitmaps for the other skins that i finally downloaded, and they wouldnt open.....it told me there was not enough memory free to run that operation...so it seems i got some kinda leak or something?....but nothing else gives me problems...need anymore info?

Posté Wed 08 May 02 @ 7:24 am
i used to get shit like that (not enough memory to perform action) with my laptop when trying to run Microsoft Word. Atomix can actually use a LOT of memory even tho it's a small program (only a few megs). you could try closing other applications you have open, or what i did (extreme) i reformatted my hard drive. but that's only if you you're weird like me and reformatting doesn't actually bother you. or else your OS could be a little wacky and the memory manager is going haywire for some reason with atomix.

phatty720
dave

Posté Wed 08 May 02 @ 10:26 am
Check out how much Hard Drive space you have left and if you have anything running in the task tray (the icon tray in the lower right of the screen) turn it off. It sounds as if windows does not have enought virtual and physical memeory to do the job. Therefore you must free some up. What OS (Operating System) are you running. I apologize if I seem like I am talking down to you here, but I have no ideawhat level of computer litercy you have, so I am being simple to be sure.

Hope this helps!

V

Posté Wed 08 May 02 @ 10:27 am
Which version of Windows are you using?
Is your disk perhaps fragmented or are there any problems with the disk-reading?
How much free memory(/"system resources") have you got left when you just have your system just sitting there waiting for you to start Atomix... maybe you have a lot of unnecessary programs running and thereby "stealing" memory and CPU-time from Atomix?

Posté Wed 08 May 02 @ 11:16 am
well if all other progs are closed other than atomix, virtual memory shouldn't really be that big of a deal with 128+ mb ram, altho it would be a good idea to get rid of progs that you rarely use to free up some space.

if you're running xp, either get more ram or downgrade to win 2k or win 98... 128 really isn't enuff to run xp AND atomix well.. if anything, i would imagine the rhythm graph or the sound stutters a lot. but who knows.. maybe i'm wrong.

phatty720
dave

Posté Wed 08 May 02 @ 11:19 am
Oh.. and I too hope I don't offend anyone by asking this:
I work at a helpdesk so I've learned by experience that it's best to start from the bottom and start working your way up. :)

Posté Wed 08 May 02 @ 11:20 am
I meant as a reference to what amount of actual free memory you have since I've noticed that Atomix "grows" in that aspect over time: after a few hours it can hog about 20 Mb of memory for me so the amount of free memory with Atomix running differs quite a bit :)

Posté Wed 08 May 02 @ 11:51 am
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think with all the large bitmap skins, video memory would come into play. I have a 64mb card, so I haven't ran into any video problems yet. Mabye a Atomix rep can find out if video memory affects the maximum sized bitmap that can be loaded. However, I have experienced the same problem you have, but under different conditions.

Normally, if I open Atomix and go about playing, all works fine. But for some reason, when I open certain programs while Atomix is open, the beat window a misc other windows that are graphically updated will stop, although all buttons and music continues on just fine. In this state, if I try to change to a different skin, I get the "Invalid Skin" error, even though the skin works just fine. If I close the program that seemed to cause the problem, Atomix returns to normal, as does switching skins.

Its a mystery to me why it does this, and the only suggestion I can give is to have any programs you plan on running with Atomix, open before you run Atomix.

PS: I just recently installed Windoze98SE again (corrupt WDM drivers created havoc on my system) and haven't experienced that problem yet. I will do some more testing though. Maybe a fresh install with all the latest drivers does help. One things for sure, my system hasn't been this stable in months. I can literally run the computer for days playing games, Atomix, running Seti 24/7, internet, etc etc. It's been over a week, and I've only reset the computer twice! Both times because *I* choose to Restart after I installed a program. Not because something went wrong.

Grimm

Posté Fri 10 May 02 @ 12:45 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)