Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Apple Mac Book Pro Core 2 Duos RELEASED!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

This was the upgrade I was waiting for! I can't wait to see how the mac version of VDJ works out.

The system I'm getting:
* 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
* 2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
* 160GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
* SuperDrive 6x (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
* MacBook Pro 15-inch Glossy Widescreen Display
* ATI RADEON X1600 256MB GDDR3 (Dedicated)
* Backlit Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English

Who else is taking the plunge???

Posté Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 6:46 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Alienware and Xtreme laptops had this months ago, nothing special really.

Posté Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 9:00 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
but its a mac tho so that must mean its better right....

Posté Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 9:12 pm
I'm thinking about selling my dell to help pay for a mac, especialy after learning that shared IRQ can't really be changed on win XP laptops. Anybody know if macs share this problem? Forgive me for being a little angry at microsoft right now.

Posté Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 9:15 pm
Mac version of vdj isn't done yet. Ok let me get this straight you want to sell you laptop buy a mac then install xp on it to run vdj? In other words you are going to pay twice as much for a mac then run windows on it anyone else see a problem there?

Posté Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 9:20 pm
metiznPRO InfinityMember since 2005
DJ Cyder wrote :
...anyone else see a problem there?

nope, i don't.

lajolladjs, i'm with you. will upgrade from iBook to MBP 15'' 2,33 Ghz ASAP!!!

Posté Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 9:30 pm
No, I'm talking about selling my dell and waiting for the mac version, this IRQ thing has brought me inches away from giving up & selling all my gear, major design flaw in XP apparently. I'm fitting right now to try my set once again without the mk2 (as I did last night), but I don't expect any changes.

Posté Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 9:30 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I was under the impression that you buy a mac laptop to get away from the problems of windows?
maybe not lol

Posté Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 1:00 am
There is an old saying in the US about that.

Posté Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 1:08 am
l_rids wrote :
I was under the impression that you buy a mac laptop to get away from the problems of windows?
maybe not lol

If I buy a MAC I will NOT be running windows on it, I will wait for the MAC version of VDJ and run it then. Of course, first I'm going to talk with a tech to make sure IRQ sharing can be fixed on a mac, otherwise it would be a wasted effort. One things for sure, microsoft overlooked a major problem here on xp and lied saying "it wouldn't be a problem". If macs don't have the problem, I'm done with microsoft forever;^]

Posté Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 1:21 am
i use windows xp pro on my mac book pro. virtual dj at first didn't really work nopw sine 4.1r2 i love it it workd now wit my djm 800 and cdj mk3
s it amazing

Posté Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 1:48 pm
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I would sell you laptop now. I was planning on selling my laptop to buy a mac and the mother board just died. had i sold it last month id have my MBP now and have 500$ towards the purchase.

Trust me, if you want to sell and switch, do so WHILE you can sell your stuff :(

Posté Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 7:54 pm
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Timmyg1978 wrote :
l_rids wrote :
maybe not lol

If I buy a MAC I will NOT be running windows on it, I will wait for the MAC version of VDJ and run it then. Of course, first I'm going to talk with a tech to make sure IRQ sharing can be fixed on a mac, otherwise it would be a wasted effort. One things for sure, microsoft overlooked a major problem here on xp and lied saying "it wouldn't be a problem". If macs don't have the problem, I'm done with microsoft forever;^]

from http://www.mackido.com/Myths/cost_maint.html

IRQ's - there are many issues with PC users running out of IRQ's (interrupts) or at least running out of the critical ones (that they need to use). Unfortunately - PC users can't buy more IRQ's. There are no such issues in the Mac world - functionally Macs have an infinite amount of IRQ's.

Posté Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 7:56 pm
I mixed and scratched VOBs on my new Apple MacBook Pro C2D (15.4",2.33Ghz,2GB,160GB,X1600 256MB),Bootcamp, Numark CDXs, Serato SL1, & Rane Mixer.

I was running the video on a second monitor full screen and it looked very nice. I think that once I tweak the newly-installed xp settings and the performance settings, I will have a VERY nice video VDJ system that is 1" thick :)

I am really excited that I can use the windows version of VDJ on my mac until the official mac version is released.

If anyone else has managed to get VDJ running on their new mac with VOB video files, please let me know what performance settings you are using.

Posté Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 6:40 pm
DJ-ALF wrote :
Alienware and Xtreme laptops had this months ago, nothing special really.

Better hardware doesn't make a junk OS like windows any better.

These are Macs with C2D's that can run windows FULLY NATIVE, IF you have to. Most people are realizing that they are not tied into windows at all though, just microsoft Office which is available for Mac and always has been.

However sometimes users HAVE to use windows for a single windows only application, like us Mac using, bootcamp dual-booting VDJ users.

When VDJ comes out for Mac I'll be happy not so much because of the Mac version, but because I can finally throw windows out the window and into the trash where it belongs.

The question that more and more people are asking nowadays is NOT "what kind of computer do you use?", but "what OS do you use?".

If the answer is windows, have fun. =P [/sarcasm]

If the answer is Mac, have fun! =) [/reality]

Why would any intelligent person in this day and age, by a windows computer that gives you one option (two if you use Linux which is better than windows, but not even close to as good as Mac), when you can buy a Mac that's gonna give you all the options you want (Mac, Linux, windows, Amiga, Solaris, etc) and have a proportionally trouble free computer that's going to last you 2-3x longer and that you don't have to waste a bunch of money and time maintaining, recovering, and/or re-installing the OS and/or it's programs?

Think Different.

- ConQuest

Posté Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 9:57 pm
i need for driver to playing in best mode for mac core 2 duo

Posté Tue 14 Jul 20 @ 4:44 pm
This thread is 14 years old.

Please start a new thread and be very clear about what you’re asking.

You will also need to provide system specs such as which version of MacOS you’re running.

Posté Tue 14 Jul 20 @ 7:36 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)