Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet bcd2000 + vdj 4.1 r2 mic not workin - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Sorry about that teeo

If you had been here a while or at the Xylio forum for that matter, you'd see that DigitDJ have behaved very insulting, counter contstructive, and spreading lies and insults in any direction.
(even been banned from forum for days)

So please understand that it has its context, we have all tried to explain and be patient with him, giving him free updates, free added support for requested controller etc.

But sorry about that..

regarding the mic, on the Behringer controller (unlike most all soundcards out there), it only work in asio on the line-in, so this mode of mic is not supported in VirtualDJ yet.

That does not rule out that it might get supported later, and the request have been forwarded to Development Team.

Hopefully it can be added;)

But its been very busy months now, with the upcomming mac release, so please be patient.

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 3:24 pm

A temporary solution for those using BCD2000 with VDJ, wanting to use mic on radio webshows etc.

- Use the BCD2000 as controller in VDJ
- Set up mic at the PC soundcard, and enable it as default mic in Windows.
- Set up shortcuts in VDJ or use skins with Mic control, to control mic volume
- Choose broadcast from mic + master in VDJ broadcast setting (or record, if non-live)

But hopefully VDJ can add support for the BCD asio mic soon

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 3:37 pm
If you take a look at most of the top end sound cards they only support ASIO mode. Also if you had told them the truth in the first place this would not have happened. You bend the truth and get caught and I become the bad guy. I gave up asking for Mic support and so should everyone else. They need to look for a soloution elseware. It is definately not here.

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 3:43 pm
teeoHome userMember since 2006
Thanks dj-in-norway I'll try those settings.

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 5:03 pm
digitalmdj wrote :

accept the fact they are not going to add this feature and be done with it. This way you can decide if Virtual Dj it right for you. They have been looking into this for several years now and have done nothing to add the feature.

A typical statement from Digitalmdj... that just is part of the usual non-sense.

First of all asio mic was NEVER asked for, before the BCD2000 came out.
And as we ALL know, that is NOT several years ago.. ;)

Secondly, VirtualDJ said from the VERY START that we would try to develop free support for the BCD2000 as a controller, but mic had to wait. And the support for BCD2000 have been added.

(something by the way, Digitmdj said at the time, would never be done, because Virtual DJ had some evil conspiration with Numark, and therefor would never support a Behringer made console.. )

Oh well...

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 7:43 pm
TheFleaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi All,
your comments are not very professional!^^ For me is this simple: I have the BCD2000 and I like this console. The driver are not allowing to use mic in WDM Mode, but in ASIO mode. VDJ Has only Support for WDM Mic. I also like VDJ. Maybe it was not the right to buy BCD2000, but this is the only console that have all on board what i need. For the moment i will continue tu use my CD`s and keep try other software. Fact is that behringer will not develope a driver update for the BCD2000. Shit happens. The console will stay on my desk unused, and I will not buy the BCD3000 becouse I don´t like the white knobs!^^ If VirtualDJ will add Mic Support for the BCD2000 I will buy the Software, if not, I would not buy the software an go on with my CD`s.
But I also have a Comment: I can buy any printer for MSOffice, but it makes no sense to buy an MSOffice for my Printer, so what I whant to say is: The Software should support the hardware, for this we have standards in IT, and not the hardware the software! ;-)
It is not professional to say: VDJ works, BCD Drivers are shit, ask behringer for driver updates. I Think a Pro will be proactive and find a solution for the shit hardware to work! This is my opinion, and I know what i am talking about, I am an IT Consulter and I cannot go to my customer and tell him that his server hardware is shit when my software is not working on it! ;-) Maybe it takes time, but my software will support his shit server hardware!
I read a lot about this Mic issue here in the forum, and I can assure you that 50% of the no license user will buy the software if this issue is gone.
Maybe another suggestion: Have on your site a list of the known Issues (not in the forum) and the status of developement, also a list of new features and improovement that are planned for the next version or update, so user knows that you are working on his issue or not, and when it should be fixed. I think is also not a good idea to develope a new version if the old one has issues that many user whant to be fixed.
seeya on stage!^^

Posté Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 3:47 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i repeat , it is not virtual djs responsibilty to make drivers for beringer , they are totaly unstable

and badly coded and this leads to conflicts with many devices and many other issues im sure you are aware off

however vdj have already stated they have placed asio mic on the to do list , so ..... its ready when its ready

i am aslo a ict constultant/ enterprise server admin , i will be totaly brutaly honest with a customer if their machine is not up to the job.

this is the only way , if their hardware is garbage , and doesnt meet spec or has a terminal problem , i cannot be responsible for this.. software has requirements for a reason , neither should vdj have to pick up beringers peices with the drivers but they do...

i think its rather decent that they added native support for free , and they have to sit here and take all the flack for berenger as vdj staff and forum members can be seen , beringer support hide away and it is difficult to reach them , and they take no responsibility for the console they just give links to external websites for temp fixes.

they have now aslo canceled bcd2000 and will be selling bcd3000

and they are not at this time willing to say if they will support the console up to vista

so the bcd support will probaly need an overhall any way.

so lets show some patience on the matter :)

Posté Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 4:35 pm
TheFleaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I think my message was missunderstood. It was not my intention to tell vdj-team what they have to do! I only tryed to give my opinion in my bad english!^^
Concerning the IT, you are right, but the german customers are a little bit different in such decision... they don`t buy the hardware for the software, but viceversa!^^
That Behringer´s driver don`t work properly and so on, is right, but i don`t think that VDJ Forum is the right place to post this... not for the team... if you know what I mean. All of us knows that it is shit! ;-)
Vista... ok, i have multiboot with XP... If I whant a stable system I need to wait until the patchlevel is high enough... I don`t whant chrashes in a Gig!^^
BTW... I have patience... i use CD`s!^^

Posté Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 4:54 pm
Well I see that if you are not satisfied not haveing the Mic work .Then don't buy the software until it does. You made the same mistake with the BCD2000. Don't keep making mistakes these companies are expecting you to do that. Thats how they make money. It's the only way to get something you want. This is the only business that you pay for something before they develop it.

Posté Mon 19 Feb 07 @ 3:37 am

you are quite wrong, digitalmdj...

We have a free demo for 20 days, and we encourage EVERYBODY to test the demo, before they buy.

If the demo is what you like, then you can buy.

Of course you can ask for more features, and that has been given time after time, for 4 years, all for free....

So your theory on how business works here, is all wrong.

Feature updates are given FREE.... unlike most other companies.

Posté Mon 19 Feb 07 @ 5:37 pm
i agree ur view is unfortunate and incorrect
every one has the chance to try out.

Posté Mon 19 Feb 07 @ 6:40 pm
Norway you still don't get it. Do you believe they should buy VirtualDj in hope of Mic support later. They have tried Virtualdj and that is why they won't buy it without mic support. You are a day late and a dollar short. If you don't like that well thats tough they are not taking your word for it.

Posté Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 1:03 am
teeoHome userMember since 2006
I think Norway has explained this very well already.

The ones that want support for mic with BCD2000 in VDJ, will have to wait.

I hope we won't have to wait too long ;)

Posté Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 2:56 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
sad to say the creators of beringer gave up on the bcd2000 , maybe the 3000 will be better :)

hope the mic issue gets worked out for you guys soom :)

Posté Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 2:58 pm
I too am having issues with the BCD2000 and VirtualDJ coupled with a shiny new Toshiba laptop, with plenty of poke, Windows XP and 1 Gb of RAM.

Using any of the drivers, the laptop fan goes on, Virtual DJ loses contact with the Behringer inbuilt Soundcard , when the laptop fan goes off, the same thing. I've upgraded the BIOS and the Behringer driver but this problem hasn't gone away

I've resorted to using only the Controller hardware on the BCD2000 which seems to work okay and instead for audio output, use the inbuilt soundcard and an Creative Soundblaster external USB soundcard coupled to an external mixer to which I have my microphone connected, with talkover etc.

This configuration seems to work.

Speaking as a software writer, if Behringer has given up on the BCD2000, what about they release the technical specs / source code for the driver as open-source or licensed to VirtualDJ so that interested members, like myself could work on fixing the crap parts of it ?

Posté Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 4:25 pm

Try disable lan, wifi and bluetooth

According to Behringer, and users at this forum, this may help lots on the stability of the Behringer and its drivers

Posté Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 5:58 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)