Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet video out on macbook prodoesn't work under xp????

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

hey guys, I've been reading all over the web that video out doesn't work under bootcamp on a macbook pro... I never noticed because I was going straight to a dvi monitor... I tried it with the dvi to svideo adaptoe, and sure enough, it doesn't work... Like i said there are forums and forums full of folks who all have the same problem...

I have read here that it works perfectly... if so, how do you do it?

I cannot make it work.. I just get squiggley black and white screens?

potential macbook buyers who don't plan on running mac os should know this before they buy...

come on mac guys, whassup? My local mac genius says no-go... someone chime in... what's the dilly yo?

-Steve

Posté Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 5:13 am
This is true and it is a problem with the bootcamp drivers. Apple might fix this problem in a later version of boot camp.

You can however get video to work if you use a scan converter. Basically a scan converter turns a DVI or SVGA video source into a S-Video or composite video output source. They are a couple hundred dollars for a decent model.

Posté Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 5:52 am
K, I'll try it.... actually, the grandtec vga to svideo converter works like a champ, and it's only $45... I'll try mine when I get home... That's not such a bad solution for now.... as long as I can get to my projector...

Thanks for the input...

The last 4 threads asking this question turned into conquest post-o-ramas, but never answered the question...

I appreciate your quick reply...

-Steve

Posté Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 5:56 am
Steve Lynch wrote :
hey guys, I've been reading all over the web that video out doesn't work under bootcamp on a macbook pro...

Been doing it for over 3 months now. Didn't do anything special to make it work either.

Steve Lynch wrote :
I never noticed because I was going straight to a dvi monitor... I tried it with the dvi to svideo adaptoe, and sure enough, it doesn't work

Now that may be the problem, although I find it hard to understand why, other than the possible needed scan converter solution posted above.

Steve Lynch wrote :
... Like i said there are forums and forums full of folks who all have the same problem...

The first post I saw about this was someone saying that video out didn't work on a MacBook Pro using Boot Camp windows , and that is completely untrue.

Afterwards, the original poster came back saying that he was using an adapter and not the DVI output to connect to a DVi source.

That's when myself and "anewsome" both commented that that was very strange and that we couldn't understand why a video adapter would cause that problem.

Steve Lynch wrote :

As you mentioned, straight DVi to DVi works perfectly. I have yet to use a non-DVI display myself though, so I can't confirm the adapter issue but if so many people are saying the same thing, then it must be true.

Steve Lynch wrote :
potential macbook buyers who don't plan on running mac os should know this before they buy...

More accurately, the problem seems to arise when a video adapter is introduced into the equipment configuration.

Potential MacBook and MacBook Pro owners who are going to be connecting to a DVI source should now that they work perfectly fine using Boot Camp and windows.

Posté Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 6:16 am
Thanks man......

BTW, though quite wordy, I enjoyed your mac history lesson.... I'm a bit of a mac historian myself, so I had to smile when I read some of that....

I still have a Lisa sitting in the closet... If I could only find the os that will run on it, I'd fire it up and use it as a conversation piece in my house....

any idea where I might find a copy of an antique mac O.S.?

-steve

Posté Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 7:10 am
Steve Lynch wrote :
Thanks man......

BTW, though quite wordy, I enjoyed your mac history lesson.... I'm a bit of a mac historian myself, so I had to smile when I read some of that....

I still have a Lisa sitting in the closet... If I could only find the os that will run on it, I'd fire it up and use it as a conversation piece in my house....

any idea where I might find a copy of an antique mac O.S.?

-steve

I'll try to take care of that for you.

Let me make a couple of calls to some friends I might have in Cupertino and/or around my neck of the woods here in Southern California. =)

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Posté Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 7:37 am
Steve Lynch wrote :
hey guys, I've been reading all over the web that video out doesn't work under bootcamp on a macbook pro... I never noticed because I was going straight to a dvi monitor... I tried it with the dvi to svideo adaptoe, and sure enough, it doesn't work... Like i said there are forums and forums full of folks who all have the same problem...

I cannot make it work.. I just get squiggley black and white screens?

come on mac guys, whassup? My local mac genius says no-go... someone chime in... what's the dilly yo?

-Steve

Hey Steve, having the same problems myself. No TV out working under bootcamp on the new imac I just got. TV out works fine under Mac OS X of course. I have all three mini-dvi adapters, composit/s-video + vga + analog. Haven't tried vga or DVI because these have no relevance to what I need to do. The tv out defintely does not work. I get the SAME EXACT symptoms you do. Looks like we're not alone in this either according the the support forum posts.

I guess we'll all be stuck waiting for a proper mac version so we can obliterate this windows partition (like vt cq said)

Posté Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 10:36 am
the $45.00 grandtec vga to svideo adaptor worked fine!

i've got it working right now....

Posté Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 8:47 pm
Steve Lynch wrote :

maybe i'll go with this since i have the mini-DVI to VGA already too.

dangit, compusa.com says they don't carry it in stores. where did you get yours Steve?

Posté Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 9:22 pm
anewsome wrote :
Steve Lynch wrote :

dangit, compusa.com says they don't carry it in stores. where did you get yours Steve?

I've got a brand new un-opened one sitting in my room.

I'll give it to you this weekend A-Swift. =)

Posté Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 11:40 pm
Steve Lynch wrote :

Great to hear and good to know!

Hopefully we won't have this issue with the final VDJ/VV Mac release. =)

Posté Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 11:42 pm
sorry, I didn't see the post... hopefully conquest hooked ya' up... if not, they carry them at microcenter.... if you can't get his, or can't find them anywhere, let me know, and I'll send one...

it's like any video out, not the same as vga out, or DVI, but it's fine for music videos on plasmas, projectors, or regular TV. cool thing is, it's got an overscan button which re-sizes the bar off of the video window if you're using window mode in vid out.

Posté Tue 06 Feb 07 @ 9:21 am
ConQuest wrote :
anewsome wrote :
Steve Lynch wrote :

I've got a brand new un-opened one sitting in my room.

I'll give it to you this weekend A-Swift. =)

Oops! i forgot to bt]ring it with me on Friday and Saturday anewsome! =P

I'm staring at it right now. =D

I'll through it in my car and keep it with me at all times so that I can just give it to you the next time I see you. =)

Posté Tue 06 Feb 07 @ 10:15 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)