Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Total Control Midi Mapping

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi, does anyone have a perfectly mapped Total Control XML file that I could have.
Basically the native support is great but I want to swap a couple of things in and out that want to have and don't need.

Cheers.

Posté Mon 12 May 08 @ 2:17 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You can do it yourself or you can use Dj Cel's mapper, but it is only for Pro license users.

Posté Mon 12 May 08 @ 2:20 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ-ALF wrote :
You can do it yourself or you can use Dj Cel's mapper, but it is only for Pro license users.

Hi you would need to use Max's total control mapper this way all the lights will work too its for the full cue only.

Posté Mon 12 May 08 @ 2:48 pm
I have brought Pro and am trying to use this mapper of moramax's.
I want to re map the middle browsing wheel to adjust to the shift the loop on the active deck. I use the mouse for cueing tracks and have no use for that middle wheel so may as well change it to something that is missing and useful. But i cant for the life of me work out how.
Help!

Posté Thu 29 May 08 @ 4:11 pm
You can contact Moramax, he is very helpful ;)

Posté Fri 30 May 08 @ 9:26 am
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
hi to all,
i don't know when but for sure i'll do an update of the total control mapper

@dhe8dave
may you explain well to me what do you intend to do with the middle browsing wheel?
do you intend to obtain the "loop_shift" action?

Posté Fri 30 May 08 @ 11:26 am
Ok basically if you look at this image here...
http://www.numark.com/stuff/contentmgr/files/3389bcba8b3b935575bdb5ff5087e883/large/totalcontrol_topctrls_lg.jpg
You see a hi-res pic of the total control unit.

The mid sized rotary wheel in the center is used to scroll through tracks and can be clicked also. It sometimes comes in handy and I fully understand why it does what it does but I always find myself reaching for the mouse when cueing. It's actually a little slow to respond when scrolling to be honest. Scrolling though the tracks via the arrow keys on the keyboard is fast but when done with that wheel there is a delay between the folder being selected and the tracks being displayed in the browser.

Anyway I feel this wheel could be put to better use if desired. If you look at the "loop set / control" panel on the "full" skin there is a virtual knob titled "shift". I find it quite usefull sometimes but it's not mapped on the total control. It's quite fiddely to use via the mouse also. Ideally i like to avoid using the mouse where possible and do everything from my controller, expept loading in a track of course as its alot faster with a mouse. Now i realise one of the smaller rotary wheels on the total control that are used to alter the effects and samples would be alot better suited to controlling the loop shift but I use all of these more frequently so cannot sacrifice them. Although the option to use one of them + a buttom press to distinguish between the two actions would be a nice idea. i never use the load button next to the mid sized wheel either.

What I was asking earlier thouigh the loop_shift I spoke of in the above paragraph to the mid sized wheel. As there is only one of them i thought the solution would be to make that applicable to the active/highlighted deck. The mapper I downloaded is not quite as I expected and what people made it out to be and i'm unsure how to do this?

Hope that explains everything.

Ooo another question you may be able to help me with...
Do you know why when adjusting the pitch using -8 to +8 via the total control it will ocassionally miss out certain bmps on certain tracks and the wont be selectable no matter how acurate you try to be.
eg. it would let you have
etc

As you can see 140.4 cannot be got using the total controls pitch adjuster, it's just not sensitive enough. You can select it fine via the mouse on the virtual pitch adjuster on the skin but not with the total control. Its a pain in the ass when mixing and i refuse to use the sync and rest of the "cheating" functionality.

This problem means that sometimes no matter how well I beat match a track it will sometimes always inevitably go out of time beacuse of the poor pitch control on the numark unit.

Thanks for taking the time to read, hope you can help.

Posté Fri 30 May 08 @ 12:28 pm
dhe8dave wrote :
Ooo another question you may be able to help me with...
Do you know why when adjusting the pitch using -8 to +8 via the total control it will ocassionally miss out certain bmps on certain tracks and the wont be selectable no matter how acurate you try to be.
eg. it would let you have

This is a common problem on MIDI-based controllers that only use a MSB CC for their pitch slider. This only gives 128 unique values, which is not enough for accurate pitch adjustments over a wide range. Try using 6% pitch range for better accuracy.

NOTE: This is not a limitation of MIDI itself - Some more higher-end controllers such as the Denon HC4500 (1024 steps) do have MSB/LSB CC's allowing much more finer adjustments.

Also, HID controllers such as the DMC-2 and DAC-3 allow more finer adjustment (1024 steps for DMC-2, 256 for DAC-3.)

Posté Fri 30 May 08 @ 1:54 pm
Ah interesting, thanks, well i find 6% is not a great deal better. I like to use 8% as that is what is common on most turntables, however for the music I mix i often only need a 4% range. Now heres the problem though...
I set it to 4% in the registry, all is good until i need to mix in a track just ouside that range. I change to 8% temporarily and mix in the track. Once the track is in I want to change back to 4% but there is no way to get back to 4% afterwards unless you restart VDJ and redo the registry. The next version needs an option for "User Defiined" in the Pitch Range menu settings. Any ideas?

Still need help with my original question.

Posté Fri 30 May 08 @ 2:39 pm
You don't need to edit the registry to change the pitch range.

In VDJ 5.0.7 you can change it either via Config -> Options, or using pitch_range mapped to a keyboard or MIDI shortcut (This allows any pitch range to be set between 1 and 100.)

Posté Sat 31 May 08 @ 1:28 pm
Are you sure its in options?

I only get ranges
6%
8%
10%
12%
20%
25%
33%
50%
100%

No user defined setting or one that reads the reg value?

Posté Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 6:07 am
You will need to map a keyboard or MIDI shortcut to set a custom pitch range.

Use the action pitch_range with a value between 1 and 100.

Posté Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 4:21 pm
Is there a mapper than can be used like that one for Hercules MK2 by DJCel? I can't map anything via that mapper made by Moramax.
Also, I have a problem with Pitch slider, if it is on the middle and I want to go down to speed track up it won't do it, I must go first up to slowdown than it starts working, why is that?
Thanks

Posté Wed 20 Aug 08 @ 6:22 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)