Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Ecler EVO5 Mapped? - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Help needed with mapping the ecler evo 5... can anyone assist please.. drop me a note asap.. appreciate it thank u...

Posté Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 9:39 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
What kind of help? There are a couple of us here with that mixer... :)

Regards,

Scott

Posté Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 6:21 am
I am also interested in this mixer. How well does it work with Virtual DJ? And can you use the soundcard thats bulit into the mixer so I can get rid of this Serato box. :-)

Posté Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 6:24 pm
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
I have it mapped for TCCD and a few functions for not having tccd or vinyl. If you would like my evo midi mappings and my vdj midi setup pm me and I would be more than happy to help those out with the EVO5. I have been using it since January and love the mixer, glad to see some of you got one as well. Make sure you have the latest firmware on the EVO5 tho.

Posté Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 7:17 pm
jay,

yes the built in sound card works out awesome. Its all done internally. So all you do is take your output from cd or vinyl player into one of the ins on the mixer. I use channel 1 & 4 (I like to keep it spaced out). If you want to use lets say vdj and right deck audio, I have a midi set up for that, so with just hitting a button it changes, and does not mess up what vdj is playing, I have it mapped out so I can use vdj on either deck, and also have audio on either deck, I also have audio set up for both deck if need be. Having the ability to throw a cd in the deck in event that vdj crashes (it has happened, the smiley) I was able to fade over to the cd and keep the party going, with no one noticing.
I am a reseller for ecler in the us, so I can probably save u about 100.us on the mixer.

Posté Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 7:21 pm
Ok so as of now I use 2 CDJ 800s and a Pioneer DJM 400 with VDJ timecoded cds. It works great right now. I have an Acer pc with Vista on it and I dont seem to have any problems. What I want to do is eliminate the Pioneer DJM 400 mixer and the Serato box. I also have a VCI 100 but get tired of trucking all this stuff around. Sounds like that mixer would eliminate the mixer, the serato box and the VCI 100. I only have the VCI 100 to control the virtual fader for videos in virtual dj. If I am using audio only I never need the VCI 100. So I just wanted to make sure I can use the sound card inside the EVO5 without buying anymore equipment. I heard the sound would not work with virtual dj and you would have to use another sound card. I hope this is not true.

Posté Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 7:50 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The Evo5 soundcard works perfectly with VDJ, and even better Traktor Scratch mode works too - you input the timecodes into the two channels, and the sound is output on those two channels - meaning you only have two use two channels on the mixer, leaving the other two spare. You can also flip between running TC and non-TC easily too.

Posté Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 6:14 am
jay> I have the new oddesey coffin that houses the mixer and my 2 denon 3500's I have a powerstrip velcrowed into the coffin with a 6ft lead cord...all I do is plug that in and plug the firewire into the computer and up and running, makes setup and tear down real easy. I was in your shoues before when I had the NUO4 and the Motu Ultra Lite, too much crap to setup and tear down. Not only that the effects are awesome on the evo 5 as well. you can throw effects ontop of effects!
If your worried about the mixer, let me assure you that you will like the looks and feel of it better than the pioneer. Ecler does a great job with their mixers. If your looking to get one, let me know. I can get you one cheaper than online prices of 1800-1900.

Posté Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 9:31 am
Awesome. Thanks for the help guys. This forum is amazing for this kind of stuff. This whole video mixing thing is not cheap! LOL :-)

Posté Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 11:38 am
Ok. my problem is that i have upgraded my setup... 2 Denon 5500, 1 Ecler Evo 5 mixer... I haven't had a chance to test out the Denon native support just yet been on the road for bit...
my problem is how do i make all these hardware work together with VDJ properly.. i would really appreciate....

Posté Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 12:24 pm
Swizzle> I have not played with the 5500 so not sure, however you will not want to use the built in sound cards of the dennons if your using the evo5. Honestly, you should of went with 2 3500's would of been cheaper.

Posté Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 1:00 pm
thanks for the advice won't be able to test em out until this weekend.. appreciate it funnybonz...

Posté Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 5:03 pm
Did someone manage to get timecode+evo5 on Mac OS? I get no signal (0% or Silent) but when I switch my channels to "Line" I can perfectly hear the timecodes noise.

Thanks,

Posté Thu 09 Oct 08 @ 6:15 pm
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
magicnini wrote :
Did someone manage to get timecode+evo5 on Mac OS? I get no signal (0% or Silent) but when I switch my channels to "Line" I can perfectly hear the timecodes noise.

Thanks,

Unfortunately, timecode doesn't work with Mac unless you're using the VV interface or the RMX in version 5.2.1. I've been told by VDJ support that it's a problem with the aggregate device and they're working on it.

Posté Fri 10 Oct 08 @ 1:32 am
Ok thanks a lot.
Do you know when the fix should be released ?

Posté Fri 10 Oct 08 @ 3:06 am
Hi guys. Does anyone runs Evo5 on El Capitan system? I have oportunity to buy one, but Im not sure if there will be an issue with the drivers.

Regards
Ruben

Posté Tue 30 Aug 16 @ 12:23 pm
ClayDJPRO InfinityMember since 2011
@Swizzle1001;
Do a site search and you will find that since each Denon 5500 unit is actually two controllers in one, VDJ will have a tough time talking to it. A few of us has tried to make them work without success. The 5500's work fine using each controller as a single individual player, but when trying to use two units together utilizing all four 5500 players with VDJ is where you will run into trouble.
As also mentioned above, you will want to use an external soundcard instead of the built in Denon card since it sometimes causes stability issues working with VDJ.

Posté Tue 30 Aug 16 @ 7:09 pm
It's been 8 years, I think Swizzle1001 hit the lottery or moved on :)

Posté Tue 30 Aug 16 @ 7:30 pm
ClayDJPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Wow, I should have first taken a look at the original post date! I would hope that he has since moved on to bigger and better things!
Thanks for waking me up @Magic!

Posté Tue 30 Aug 16 @ 8:25 pm
Just a little delay ;)
Any thoughts about Evo5 working under el capitan? I've been told by ecler its not working on 32bit systems, but I have read somewhere it works on mac 64bit systems, so I'm confused...

Posté Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 8:50 am
91%