Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet White Macbook and Hercules RMX, how to reset

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hey everybody, I just bought an Hercules RMX, and I am working with Mac OSX 10.5.6
As I bought it I wanted to upgrade the firmware, but it all went wrong.
The installation blocked and at this point whenever I plug the device I get blinking lights on the device, and OSX not recognizing it.
Manual ugrade turning the device on keeping push Mic ON/OFF doesn't work.
Tried on Windows but the system i so unstable that I'd rather not use it again.
Any idea how to do a proper full reset on Mac OSX, even from terminal?

Posté Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 2:39 pm
roopHome userMember since 2006

Posté Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 6:03 pm
You mean you did the reset with a PC?
If yes: I tried that, but whenever I start installing the drivers, at the end it asks me to plug the device I want to install.
When I do it (tried both with and without pushing Mic ON/OFF ), the installation freezes.
Can you please post the procedure you followed for doing the restore?

Posté Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 3:05 am
you misunderstand me!

i did not fix the problem!

in my case the console worked for pc but not for mac anymore. but since yesterday the console is completly crashed. i also tried it on the pc of my mom ! at least there the computer should recognize a new device, should he? but al i got was shining buttons!

the firmware update i did with the mac (like you) -> should have done it with the PC!

in my case i used the console for years so i do not have any garanty anymore.

if you want i can send you the 1.0 driver on my instal cd (just for PC) ; (which will continue install even if you do not replug the console) but i do not think it will work.

This is just the top of many bugs I got in my dj console time.

Not again herculess hardware!!! -> if you get DJ gigs you can't work with unrelyable configurations. "WE WANT DANCE" -> "one moment i have to reinstal the driver"

Posté Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 4:36 am
It's quite strange..I've read about ppl around who've been able to fix the problem either with a PC or with a Mac.
Unfortunately the Pc procedure doesn't work, and no Mac procedure has been posted (just people saying 'I have a Mac, I fixed it').
Anyway, the device is VERY pricy but awesome, the support horribile (expecially considering the price)

Posté Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 5:18 am
could you tell me how this PC way of fixing should work?

how ever imagine those kind of problems would happen on a cd player - "After upgrading from CDJ 100 MK3 to MK3.2 it was broken"

do you still have guarante?

Posté Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 6:29 am
My warranty's still valid, I bought it less than a week ago (sic)
The procedure is here:

1 . Disconnect the DJ Console Rmx from the computer
2. Shutdown the system (restart will not do, make sure to completely shut it down)
3. Turn it back on
4. Once completely restarted, close the DJ Console mixer on the taskbar. If it isn’t there
click Start / Run, type in taskmgr then click OK. Go on the Processes tab and locate the
HDJ2CPL.exe right-click it and choose End process, then click Yes on the warning message.
5. Click Start / Run and type in (or simply copy the phrase below)
"C:\Program Files\Hercules\Audio\DJ Console Series\firmware\HDJSeriesUpdater.exe" -manual
Then click OK.
6. Press the microphone ON/OFF key , unplug the usb cable, and plug it back while
keeping this button pressed. Hold until the application displays 0
7. Now the DJ Console Series Updater Firmware Controller should say 0. Click the Open
Audio button and select Rmx_TUSB.dja file then click Open.
8. Make sure there is a check mark in the Flash for the Firmware Audio and press
update!
9. Unplug the DJ Console and plug it back (all lights should now be off).

Posté Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 7:28 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 10:34 am
beteesHome userMember since 2009
Hello!

I have the same problem, but SPINNAJ's link with solution is no longer valid. Can anybody help me?

Posté Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 3:21 am
Gary LoPRO InfinityMember since 2010
i have a macbook. and its tellin me that i cant download this software to this computer. i jus bought this macbook brand new today. it has the mac OS X. snow leopard, 1.6. help please!!!!!!

Posté Thu 01 Apr 10 @ 6:34 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
What software are you referring to exactly ?

If you already have a version of Virtual DJ, you may want to enter your serial into your profile, which will give you access the Download section and the updates related to your specific version.

Posté Fri 02 Apr 10 @ 6:19 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Posté Fri 02 Apr 10 @ 6:14 pm
toutaiHome userMember since 2006
deepsouth wrote :
My warranty's still valid, I bought it less than a week ago (sic)
The procedure is here:

1 . Disconnect the DJ Console Rmx from the computer
2. Shutdown the system (restart will not do, make sure to completely shut it down)
3. Turn it back on
4. Once completely restarted, close the DJ Console mixer on the taskbar. If it isn’t there
click Start / Run, type in taskmgr then click OK. Go on the Processes tab and locate the
HDJ2CPL.exe right-click it and choose End process, then click Yes on the warning message.
5. Click Start / Run and type in (or simply copy the phrase below)
"C:\Program Files\Hercules\Audio\DJ Console Series\firmware\HDJSeriesUpdater.exe" -manual
Then click OK.
6. Press the microphone ON/OFF key , unplug the usb cable, and plug it back while
keeping this button pressed. Hold until the application displays 0
7. Now the DJ Console Series Updater Firmware Controller should say 0. Click the Open
Audio button and select Rmx_TUSB.dja file then click Open.
8. Make sure there is a check mark in the Flash for the Firmware Audio and press
update!
9. Unplug the DJ Console and plug it back (all lights should now be off).

Does "Bulk transfer to the device failed during TUSB update" means anything ?

I could not find any help on google about this message error. It appears after point number 8 on your instructions..

thanks in advance !

Posté Tue 01 Oct 13 @ 8:19 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005

Posté Tue 01 Oct 13 @ 2:55 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)