Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Mapping behringer midi mixer ddm 4000

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

hi i downloaded the xml files from vdj,only thing is the text n pdf info in the zipped folder is in french.i need help mapping my mixer as a midi to contro vdj crossfader need help

Posté Thu 03 Dec 09 @ 4:34 am
Have you tried auto learn? Found in Config>mapper>. Click auto-learn then move ur xfader on the ddm4000 to see if it picks up. In this same area, u will see the word "action". Above it on the right hand side there is an icon. Click this icon then click the xfader on vdj. See if this works

Posté Thu 03 Dec 09 @ 1:12 pm
I went through the same thing initially. Here's what ya do.

In that zip file, there is a "Definition" xml, and a "Mapper" xml. Assuming you are on Windows, go to My Documents, and open the VirtualDJ folder (if not My Documents, wherever the folder for your VDJ installation resides). In that VDJ folder are several folders. What you need to do is to copy and paste the xml file that says "Definitions" into the VDJ folder named "Devices". Then copy and paste the xml file that says "Mappers" into the VDJ folder that says "Mappers".

Assuming you have a USB-MIDI cable already connected, when you start VDJ and go to Settings/Mappers, it should be recognized. As the last step to make it WORK, you need to hold the "Console Setup" knob (smack dab in the middle of the mixer) down for about 2 seconds. When the menu comes up, use that knob to scroll down to MIDI setup.

Now, use that same knob to scroll between mic, sampler, and crossfader. Push the knob in to activate any of those particular sections of the mixer. You also use the Channel 2 FX Parameter knob (next to the FX 2 Auto BPM Tap button) to activate individual channels to control VDJ.

Hope this helps. Holla back if ya need more help. The more I learn about this mixer, the more I will try to help. I have had it for 3 days, and LOVE it already. Halfway done mapping mine to my liking.

Posté Thu 24 Dec 09 @ 11:23 am
the ddm 4000 works excellent iam using a cakewalk usb to midi

make sure when ever u map a button on the ddm 4000 make sure u put it to its coresponding deck ex : deck 1 timecode_active off
deck 1 timecde_active on

thats the way u do it for all mappings with a midi controller

ive got my sampler buttons mapped and my mic section then channel 1 and 2 browsing through the browsers is cool with the mic mid and low knobs

Posté Thu 24 Dec 09 @ 2:26 pm
i have said this before and it says it right in the manual. YOU CAN NOT map this fader for both audio and vdj. so unless your using the internal audio crossfader (which defeats the whole purpose of a mixer) you will only be able to map video OR audio to the fader at one time. this is the main reason i returned mine as well as some others i know.

Posté Thu 24 Dec 09 @ 8:57 pm
Well I am right now.

I'm streaming audio out of my midi channel so I guess you have a different manual. And I'm not doing video..

Posté Thu 24 Dec 09 @ 10:13 pm
wow read the post. i said fader i meant crossfader (what he said in his first post). good luck with mapping that to both. i never said channel 1 or 2 or 3 or 4. good luck with using that mixer for video. you will not use it long. without midi and audio to the crossfader its useless for video

Posté Thu 24 Dec 09 @ 10:56 pm
YOU read the post. I said I'm not doing video and don't plan to.

Merry Christmas BTW.

Posté Thu 24 Dec 09 @ 11:02 pm
thanks.

my 1st post was directed to the original poster whos problem is midi crossfader. you wheren't even in this thread until after my post.

djteackles wrote :
hi i downloaded the xml files from vdj,only thing is the text n pdf info in the zipped folder is in french.i need help mapping my mixer as a midi to contro vdj crossfader need help

oh and buy a legal copy of the software to support the development of the program.

Posté Thu 24 Dec 09 @ 11:33 pm
The original poster never mentioned video. He/she just said that they downloaded the mapper but couldn't figure out how to get it working. It is true that the audio and video crossfaders can't be linked, but with a lil creativity, this can still be a workhorse of a mixer. Why be plain when you can be crunchy? Get out of the "box", get away from the norm and do things differently sometimes.

Posté Fri 25 Dec 09 @ 9:11 am
i agree the ddm4000 is a nice mixer but when i tested it for a few days and found th efader issue i didn't want to deal with it. i went to a korg zero 4 and haven't looked back since. yeah you can work around the xfader issue but i see no reason to "work around" something when theres othe requipment that does what i need.

Posté Fri 25 Dec 09 @ 9:39 am
That's very true. Like they say...Different strokes for different folks.

Posté Fri 25 Dec 09 @ 8:23 pm
thanks guys it works.....and oooh i have legal software.

Posté Fri 29 Jan 10 @ 3:50 am
ok so i mapped out my ddm4000 to virtual dj but i cant figure out how to put the decks for virtual dj on separate channels.... right now im only using one channel for both decks..... how do i assign the decks to a certain channel??

Posté Sat 27 Mar 10 @ 3:19 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You set it to external mixer mode.

Bear in mind the DDMs limitations with the crossfader though.

Posté Sun 28 Mar 10 @ 7:19 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)