Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Sujet Virtual DJ + G-Force

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I've been looking for a good visualization software to make videos.

I had noted in the past that G-Force and the other SoundSpectrum apps like Aeon were all dependent on WinAmp. In fact the trial software was in fact dependent on other players.

Today I noticed that there were standalone versions of all the SoundSpectrum software. So, I bit the bullet and jumped into a purchase of the standalone version of G-Force ($30 USD).

It installed easily and in the options for association, VDJ was listed. However, there ensued much gnashing of teeth.

Virtual DJ just didn't seem to work and I couldn't even find the system sound driver in the list of sound sources. I tried the strategy suggested by the instructions to configure the sound apps in Windows for G-Force. No luck.

Finally I tried installing the "SoundSpectrum Audio Cable" which is basically a special Windows driver for G-Force. You install the Audio Cable and then designate an output for it, such as your regular sound card driver. Even after that, selecting the "Audio Cable" as the sound source, still no luck.

Then i tried designating the "Audio Cable" as the output driver for Virtual DJ in the setup. There was a long pause of silence and BOOM. The audio cable driver connected, Virtual DJ played, and G-Force worked.

Anyway, I thought I might post about my experience because I searched the SoundSpectrum forum and this forum and couldn't find any tips. I'm not paid by G-Force to do this either (I wish!)

YMMV.

http://www.soundspectrum.com/g-force/

My "bedroom" setup:

DDJ-SR2 controller
Virtual DJ 2020 64-bit
Windows 10 64-bit
Desktop computer: 32 GB RAM, SSD, Asus motherboard with Realtek sound drivers (main music output)
Turtle Beach USB sound card for headphones

Just made this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iykFpQFIgug

Posté Sat 12 Oct 19 @ 6:29 pm
So have you got two master outputs configured (one to the Realtek for speakers and the other to the "Audio Cable" for the visuals)?

Posté Sat 12 Oct 19 @ 6:34 pm
groovindj wrote :
So have you got two master outputs configured (one to the Realtek for speakers and the other to the "Audio Cable" for the visuals)?

No.

There is only one Virtual DJ Master Output to the "Audio Cable". The Audio Cable is itself configured to output to the Realtek drivers.

http://www.soundspectrum.com/about-soundspectrum-audio-cable.html

I'm as amazed as anyone that I patched this pile of software together. I worked on it for a couple of hours.

Posté Sat 12 Oct 19 @ 7:40 pm
they say they have a VDJ plugin is that not true anymore?

Posté Sat 12 Oct 19 @ 7:47 pm
To recap the process in a clear set of instructions:

1. Install the Platinum version of G-Force or any of the other SoundSpectrum visualizers with the SoundSpectrum Audio Cable
2. Follow the instructions to configure the SoundSpectrum Audio Cable to output to your sound card's audio drivers.
3. Configure Virtual DJ to use the SoundSpectrum Audio Cable as the Master Output
4. Start G-Force. Right-click on the visualizer and select the SoundSpectrum Audio Cable as the source for G-Force.
5. Left-click anywhere on the G-Force window and on the right-hand edge of the application window, all the settings appear.
6. Move the control for sound sensitivity to maximum.
7. To record the visualization + music, there are at least a couple of options: a. use a desktop video capture app, or b. use the screen capture feature in VDJ to capture and broadcast the video to YouTube. YouTube may block it or not; you never know. Either way, you can then download your video for personal use from YouTube. YouTube just serves as your recorder.

If you have questions, let me know. Good luck.

Posté Sat 12 Oct 19 @ 8:06 pm
wickedmix wrote :
they say they have a VDJ plugin is that not true anymore?

If they do, it's pretty difficult to figure out since there's no info about it anywhere that I could find.

I hit Google pretty hard trying to unlock this puzzle.

Posté Sat 12 Oct 19 @ 8:15 pm

Posté Sat 12 Oct 19 @ 8:21 pm
thanks for that

Posté Sat 12 Oct 19 @ 9:08 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014

Posté Sat 12 Oct 19 @ 10:09 pm

Posté Wed 30 Oct 19 @ 9:58 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)