Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet MASTER EQ (EQ for the Master Output) - Page: 1
Hi,

I wonder why VDJ has no built-in Master Equalizer, since it is an enormous useful feature and obviously easy to implement.
Instead of deck 1 or 2 (or left & right) the syntax could be deck master eq_high and so on.
As far as I saw this doesn't work yet. (The new Pioneer XDJ-XZ has it too by the way.)

You could roughly adjust the Master EQ to your current enviroment, and leave the Channel's EQs mostly neutral while your working on your mix.
On this way the signal would be equalized before it leaves through the master output.
The Channel EQs become additional for artistic and/or sound improvement, but you don't have to focus on a special setting any more to get the sound fitting to your enviroment all the time.

And it is also very important to be able to use the Master EQ on seperated outputs, too.
So that the Master EQ also takes effect when the decks have their own output in the sound setting.

(And yes I know that there is an eq effect for this. But NO, this is not a very good solution since it adds CPU load and I want the effects to get reset when tracks get loaded.)

Posté Thu 14 Nov 19 @ 12:39 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Using EQ10 as plugin on the master slot should work as you want, except for working with separated deck outputs.
Unless you are running a 20-year old cpu CPU use should not be significant, and anyway it would not be very different from having the 3-band eq working on the master either.

Posté Thu 14 Nov 19 @ 12:58 pm
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Yes I too would appreciate "deck master eq_..." to work so it could be mapped on to my controller, different venues vary quite a lot, still EQ10 is a neat workaround as I suppose there are higher priorities for the team.

Posté Sun 25 Sep 22 @ 1:18 pm
Having an effect running all the time brings other issues with it.
That's why I would love to have it "baked into the software" and kinda can't understand why this is such a big deal to implement it, since there are a lot of really special functions for a small group of users.
I think this would be widely spread throughout every user and could even be used in the main skin.
Even Pioneer builds devices with this feature and the people love it, why don't you put it into the software?

Posté Sun 25 Sep 22 @ 4:21 pm
andy-chiles wrote :
Having an effect running all the time brings other issues with it.

Such as ?

The "problem" with "master_eq_low", "master_eq_mid", "master_eq_high" is that your audio setup must have a master output, which is not the case for many users/controllers.

Also for "master out" equalization (for venues e.t.c.) you'll probably need more than 3 bands in order to do a proper job. And to be honest on most such cases you wouldn't want to use a graphic EQ either, but a parametric or even dynamic eq.

Personally when there are special demands I use a dynamic eq on the master output of by beloved DDJ-RZ.
It's a VST effect, and I have had no troubles using it for the last 3-4 years whatsoever.
The only issue I found is that it can "bypass" "recordWaitForSound" setting.
Nothing else.
Also it has the "advantage" that if I don't need it (a lot of cases really) i just don't use it. So it doesn't take part of the sound processing chain, nor consumes any resources (not that it consumes any significant resources when I use it in the first place, just saying)

Posté Mon 26 Sep 22 @ 11:08 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Such as ?

First I used the EQ-Effects inside VDJ and later some VST-EQ-Plugins too for a while to try it.
The "problems" which I ran into:
- First of, the whole idea of an separate plugin appears kinda laborious...
You have to set it up which gets worse doing this over time, because you have to open it with several clicks while you are eventually DJing aleady.
- Then you have your deck EQs, which you should be using automatically...
Lets say you discover a specific setting for a good sound, you can't just copy it to the "master eq knobs", you have to translate the setting by trying different bands.
- Additionally, as you said, there is an effect running all the time.
This means that "effect_disable_all" gets essentially USELESS(!), and you have to figure it out to see in which mapping it is used and also have to work your way around. This can get very difficult for an average consumer, from which the most of them will probably just leave it, which makes the software appear weaker or too complicated to them.
- I'm also concerned of using too much resources while having an effect running all the time.
I know that this is not that significant on good computers, but it can (depending on the plugin) cause lag
performance on older machines (been there already).
- Also it gives me some uncomfortable feeling regarding the effect-chain, and it kinda stresses me having an effect-indicator blinking all the time.

But the main drawback is the overall complex operation you have to deal with, when using separate EQ-effect-plugins. It is simply not simple.

PhantomDeejay wrote :
The "problem" with "master_eq_low", "master_eq_mid", "master_eq_high" is that your audio setup must have a master output, which is not the case for many users/controllers.

I know that problem.
Thats why I programmed myself an "Master EQ" into the upper right corner of my skin.
The code is:
<slider deck="all" action="eq_low">
This worked ok, but since the stem feature and on controllers with MIDI-EQs this is a problem again.

To be honest:
You guys made thinks possible that no one could imagine for a long time.
What is the problem with an "eq_xxx2" (etc.) that runs just after the regular EQ, but doesn't get affected by the knobs of the regular EQs?
In this way the code could be:
<slider deck="all" action="eq_low2"> and the problem would be solved.

Additionally:
Name it "master_eq_low" (etc.) instead of "eq_xxx2" and let it affect all decks in its core.
Just running after the regular EQ.

I think this sounds possible.

PhantomDeejay wrote :
Also for "master out" equalization (for venues e.t.c.) you'll probably need more than 3 bands in order to do a proper job.

Sorry, I disagree with that.
It's not for the really studio-quality-super-equalized-sound-thing.
It is just to NOT set the Deck-EQs in a weird manner all the time.
Just for the ROUGH CHUNKS of the sound that have to be equalized.
You'll use you Deck-EQs anyways.
Except that they are not pointing in every direction of the globe anymore.

As I already refered:
The worlds leading manufacturer of DJ gear is building devices with exactly this feature.
There IS DEFINITELY a very good purpose for it.
And YOU GUYS are f******* awesome when it comes to DJ Software!
You are the best I can think of!!! There has to be a way!

Ps.:
There are a lot of things I can think of that made VDJ a little bit "scattered" during the last years.
If you want to, and if you are interested, I would be very glad if you text me and hear me out, and maybe there is an usable idea for you within.

Posté Mon 26 Sep 22 @ 12:34 pm
andy-chiles wrote :
But the main drawback is the overall complex operation you have to deal with, when using separate EQ-effect-plugins. It is simply not simple.

I agree with Andy altho I'm not concerned about resources, it's more a case of ease of use. I have 1 venue I work in that is obsessed with the bass, it's either too high at the beginning of the night, or too quiet when it's busy, quite often I will have 2 different managers 'requiring' different levels at the same time, so whenever anyone comes in I just do as they ask & don't even question it as it's just not worth the hassle otherwise they start messing around with the amps (out of reach) in the managers office & it just gets ridiculous.
Frankly they should just have their system set up correctly & decide how they want it to sound, but I cannot tell them how to run their club so when I go there i plug in through a production mixes so I can adjust my bass down at the beginning of the night before they even start to complain, then adjust it throughout the night as required easily.

I would prefer to plug directly via XLR on my controller to their system, but since my controller doesn't have master eqs (but does have master volume out) I cannot do that unless I run an effect to tone down the bass a bit when required hence the reason I would love master eqs, however I forget that you can use VST effects in virtual dj, tending to look in extensions & if I can't find what I am looking for give up, so will see if I can find a dynamic eq as mentioned & give it a go thanks (any recommendations gratefully received).

Posté Mon 26 Sep 22 @ 12:54 pm
Problem solved (for me)

All i needed was a little prompt from Phantomdeejay to go looking for a simple VST EQ, install it, then program a custom slider to adjust the (in this case) 4th slider for it to solve the problem of a quick & easy way to adjust bass & appease picky managers. I will probably modify the skin to have full control at some point if the VST works well, otherwise, again if anyone has tested any VST EQ & has a recommendation it will be received with gratitude.
Thanks

Posté Mon 26 Sep 22 @ 2:21 pm

Posté Mon 26 Sep 22 @ 2:40 pm
wickedmix wrote :
several free vst eqs here enjoy

Thanks much appreciated.

Posté Mon 26 Sep 22 @ 3:46 pm
@djkrysr:
Personally I use TDR Nova which is a dynamic eq.
I think it will suit your needs.

@andy-chiles:
I think some of your statements are contradicting.
A "master eq" is not something you mess with all the time. And a "master eq" is something that you need to learn how to setup properly. You don't just mess with bands until it sounds "good" to you.
Also a master EQ is not supposed to change over time depending on the music files or genres you play over the night.
A "master eq" is a "correction" measure. It's used to "correct" the sound to fit a given venue with the given FOH (PA) components.

So:
Quote :
First of, the whole idea of an separate plugin appears kinda laborious...
You have to set it up which gets worse doing this over time, because you have to open it with several clicks while you are eventually DJing aleady.

Actually you would have to setup properly any "master eq" before you start dj-ing. It doesn't matter if it would be built in software or a VST (external) effect. You should do it prior to start dj-ing because a proper setup requires enough time and many tests to ensure the correct settings are applied.

Quote :
Then you have your deck EQs, which you should be using automatically...
Lets say you discover a specific setting for a good sound, you can't just copy it to the "master eq knobs", you have to translate the setting by trying different bands.

Your deck EQs are mixing aids. They are not supposed to be used for room correction. Also, if you have a "master eq" you leave your deck eq flat and you "fix" the overall sound from the master eq itself. You don't mess with deck eq and then try to copy it on the master.

Quote :
Additionally, as you said, there is an effect running all the time.
This means that "effect_disable_all" gets essentially USELESS(!), and you have to figure it out to see in which mapping it is used and also have to work your way around. This can get very difficult for an average consumer, from which the most of them will probably just leave it, which makes the software appear weaker or too complicated to them.

Why would you want to shut down a "master eq" in the middle of a set in the same venue with the same gear ? It doesn't make any sense. Unless you mean that you can't use "effect_disable_all" because it would stop the master eq. Well in that case, since the master eq is running on master I don't think you would have that many effects running there (and that you would also want to kill altogether). I think "effect_disable_all" is mostly useful for deck effects, and when used in decks it won't kill your master eq

Quote :
I'm also concerned of using too much resources while having an effect running all the time.
I know that this is not that significant on good computers, but it can (depending on the plugin) cause lag
performance on older machines (been there already).

A decent EQ VST effect should have almost no resources impact on any machine that's 10 years old or less. I'm not talking about fancy stuff here. I know some VST effects can get pretty big on what they claim that they do and on what resources they consume. However most "simple" / plain EQ VSTs don't have any practical impact at all.
As for latency, it depends on the plugin itself. But most "simple" effects should also have no practical impact at your latency as well.

PS:
Since English is not my mother tongue and I have been misinterpreted a lot of times, I thought I should just make this clear:
I'm not arguing whether or not VirtualDJ should built in a "master eq" or not.
We are just discussing around master eq in order to understand how one should be done/used, and what users want/think about it. Whether or not the development team decides to built one in the software is another thing.

PS2:
I keep talking about VST effects here, but it's almost the same with EQ10 which is also a built in separate VirtualDJ effect. The only difference is that we know that both resources and latency impact is almost not existent with that plugin.

Posté Tue 27 Sep 22 @ 8:47 am
Ok seems like you understood most of the stuff that I wrote completely wrong.
So I hope I can explain it to you more understandable, since english is also not my first language.
(I'm actually greek as you, but raised with the german language.)

PhantomDeejay wrote :
@andy-chiles:
I think some of your statements are contradicting.
A "master eq" is not something you mess with all the time. And a "master eq" is something that you need to learn how to setup properly. You don't just mess with bands until it sounds "good" to you.
Also a master EQ is not supposed to change over time depending on the music files or genres you play over the night.
A "master eq" is a "correction" measure. It's used to "correct" the sound to fit a given venue with the given FOH (PA) components.

Actually you would have to setup properly any "master eq" before you start dj-ing. It doesn't matter if it would be built in software or a VST (external) effect. You should do it prior to start dj-ing because a proper setup requires enough time and many tests to ensure the correct settings are applied.

I know that. I'm DJing since 21 years, thats why I know exactly what you mean.
And this is also why I wrote "while you are DJing already."
As you already told: You have to kinda "calibrate" it, which takes its time and can get annoying clicking through stuff because you have to re-adjust some settings while testing the PA with different sounds. Sometimes you might not have this time before you begin your actual work.
But nevertheless, you also might come to the situation where you have to re-adjust the master eq in the middle of your set when the club is full for example, and you discover some frequencies you adjusted wrong previously. And therefore I wish it would be build in (with a simpler interface).

PhantomDeejay wrote :
Your deck EQs are mixing aids. They are not supposed to be used for room correction. Also, if you have a "master eq" you leave your deck eq flat and you "fix" the overall sound from the master eq itself. You don't mess with deck eq and then try to copy it on the master.

Here I have to disagree with you in a really important part:
Deck EQs are NOT just simple mixing aids, they are at least BOTH, but for good or worse their often used as room correction in most cases)
We all wish there would be perfect calibrated PAs everywhere, but we know how the reality looks like.
And IF YOU DON'T HAVE anything else to correct the sound, most people go with the deck's EQs.
This is a fact that is and will sadly remain indisputable and immutable at the same time, because you will NEVER have the perfect sound for every situation.
And this is the point where you will somewhen discover a specific setting on your Deck EQs, and it would be just nice to have similar Deck AND Master EQs to be able to adjust the sound with a familiar behavior on the frequencies. The Master EQ is OF COURSE then used to enable you to run flat Deck EQs.
If some songs are a little off you still will use the Deck EQ, but for a really ROUGH room correction a 3-Band Master EQ similar to the Deck EQs is good enough.

PhantomDeejay wrote :
Why would you want to shut down a "master eq" in the middle of a set in the same venue with the same gear ? It doesn't make any sense. Unless you mean that you can't use "effect_disable_all" because it would stop the master eq. Well in that case, since the master eq is running on master I don't think you would have that many effects running there (and that you would also want to kill altogether). I think "effect_disable_all" is mostly useful for deck effects, and when used in decks it won't kill your master eq

Sorry, this was my fault, haven't explained it properly, but you got it right at the end.

Yes, this is what a meant, that you can't use "effect_disable_all", because it would shut down the Master EQ that is running as an effect.
Partly you are also right, that it would not shut down when its on the Master Effects.
BUT:
Remember, when you don't have a master output?
You then have to run 2 EQs on a master effects slot, what also doubles every problem:
- The adjustment of TWO "external" EQs
- The "effect_disable_all"-problem on BOTH decks
- And possible performance problems (depending on the plugin, of course)

PhantomDeejay wrote :
PS:
Since English is not my mother tongue and I have been misinterpreted a lot of times, I thought I should just make this clear:
I'm not arguing whether or not VirtualDJ should built in a "master eq" or not.
We are just discussing around master eq in order to understand how one should be done/used, and what users want/think about it. Whether or not the development team decides to built one in the software is another thing.

I think the problem from a user's point of view is that we don't know who is in the position to decide this, AND more important: whether these suggestions reach the person in that position.
So it would be nice to know any status of the posts in the forum overall.

It's very nice from you to let us know the purpose of our discussion, otherwise it would look like you are dismissing this idea completely just because it doesn't fit your workflow. But it would be even nicer if you could give some information if the suggestions were forwarded to the decision-makers... I'm not speaking for this topic only, but also for a big part of the topics in the forum in general.

PhantomDeejay wrote :
PS2:
I keep talking about VST effects here, but it's almost the same with EQ10 which is also a built in separate VirtualDJ effect. The only difference is that we know that both resources and latency impact is almost not existent with that plugin.

Good to know. Thanks.

Posté Tue 27 Sep 22 @ 12:01 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Sounds like mapping EQ10 is all you need?
effect_slider 'EQ10' 1 & effect_slider 'EQ10' 2 & effect_active EQ10 on

You could use it on master
deck master effect_slider 'EQ10' 1 & effect_slider 'EQ10' 2 & effect_active EQ10 on

or on all decks at the same time
deck all effect_slider 'EQ10' 1 & effect_slider 'EQ10' 2 & effect_active EQ10 on

Posté Tue 27 Sep 22 @ 12:36 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
@djkrysr:
Personally I use TDR Nova which is a dynamic eq.
I think it will suit your needs.

Great thanks for that, I will have a look at that one now.

Posté Tue 27 Sep 22 @ 1:48 pm
Adion wrote :
Sounds like mapping EQ10 is all you need?
effect_slider 'EQ10' 1 & effect_slider 'EQ10' 2 & effect_active EQ10 on

You could use it on master
deck master effect_slider 'EQ10' 1 & effect_slider 'EQ10' 2 & effect_active EQ10 on

or on all decks at the same time
deck all effect_slider 'EQ10' 1 & effect_slider 'EQ10' 2 & effect_active EQ10 on

Thank you for that Adion!
But indeed this is not what I meant because this is doesn't solve the problem with "effect_disable_all", sadly.

I made myself Master EQs like this
This worked kinda ok, but because of the "limitations" in the programing it was never a really good and final solution, neither the external way is a really good one.
The best way would be a baked in Master EQ just from stock, to equalize every signal which leaves the software.
Despite all the other great features in VDJ, this would be one of the best ones!

Posté Tue 27 Sep 22 @ 3:04 pm
as Adion has mentioned, all that is needed is to use EQ10 on the master effect/output.

This is what I use for EQ adjustment of the Master Output.
And agree with Phantom that deck EQs are mixing aids, not for room correction. (much easier to do room corrections with Master output)

deck all effect_disable_all  

does NOT disable (deactivate the Master effect, in this case the EQ10 on the master on my install of VDJ.

and the settings option resetFXOnLoad ( = YES) also does NOT reset the EQ10 on the master output.

Use of EQ10 on the master effect/output works perfectly.

and one could create a custom button something like:
deck master effect_active 'EQ10' ? on & holding ? effect_show_gui 'EQ10' ? effect_select 'EQ10' & effect_active 'EQ10' off & effect_show_gui 'EQ10' : effect_select 'EQ10' & effect_active 'EQ10' off : effect_show_gui 'EQ10' : off & effect_select 'EQ10' &  effect_active 'EQ10' on & effect_show_gui 'EQ10'

which would Activate EQ10 on the master output and show the GUI for quick adjustment.
Continued clicking would hide/show the GUI.

And Deactivate EQ10 on the master output, with a long click (holding) .

VDJ ver 7151

Posté Wed 28 Sep 22 @ 7:34 am
BTW: With EQ10 (and several VST effects as well) you can create presets.
Therefore it becomes far more easy to change the EQ to fit a particular venue (or situation) once you set it up.
Just save a preset and then recall it.

Now @Andy-Chiles:
Your main issue here derives from the fact that your controller does not have a master output on its sound configuration, but separate decks.
Unfortunately in that case whatever you do (even if the software tries to help by adapting a second "relative" eq) it will be a hack.
Personally I would prefer to use a "cheap" external hardware graphic eq than to go through all that trouble.
Of course that's me, but you get my point.

Finally:
There's not a "single person" that's responsible to decide what gets in the software or not.
VirtualDJ is developed in a "team" manner. This is it's main advantage.. Atomix is a small team that can be flexible and not rely on what one person decides to forward on the development team.
All the team members read these forums on regular basis and interact with them.
You have interacted with at least two members on this thread alone!
So, I can assure you that more or less all requests and suggestions get attention and eventually get discussed whether or should be implemented and if yes, when.

Posté Wed 28 Sep 22 @ 8:35 am
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
And agree with Phantom that deck EQs are mixing aids, not for room correction. (much easier to do room corrections with Master output)

YES, they are also mixing aids, but IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING ELSE(!!!) they often get (ab)used for room correction.
AND TO AVOID EXACTLY THIS: I asked for a simple master eq.

IIDEEJAYII wrote :
deck all effect_disable_all  

does NOT disable (deactivate the Master effect, in this case the EQ10 on the master on my install of VDJ.
and the settings option resetFXOnLoad ( = YES) also does NOT reset the EQ10 on the master output.

Your are correct so far, and I know that it behaves this way.
But as soon as your Master Outputs are TWO SEPARAT DECKS, your explanation doesn't work anymore, since you have to run TWO EQs on TWO DECKS, thus leads to killed effects as soon as you disable the effects on THE DECKS.

PhantomDeejay wrote :
BTW: With EQ10 (and several VST effects as well) you can create presets.
Therefore it becomes far more easy to change the EQ to fit a particular venue (or situation) once you set it up.
Just save a preset and then recall it.

Yes, this is clearly one of the advantages using a plugin.
So indeed not a bad thing.
I just guess, the same knobs with the same frequencies would suit a more flexible and spontaneous workflow, as I would prefer it.

PhantomDeejay wrote :
Unfortunately in that case whatever you do (even if the software tries to help by adapting a second "relative" eq) it will be a hack.
Personally I would prefer to use a "cheap" external hardware graphic eq than to go through all that trouble.
Of course that's me, but you get my point.

I think in most cases hardware is a reliable way to go, but in this case this is (at least for people like me) no single option.
I love and use VDJ because it is capable of everything and veeeery versatile.
I'm traveling a lot and it is VDJ that kind of enables me to do that, because it give me the ability to use a large amount of hardware at my destination, and I don't have to carry some specific sound interfaces with me.
Carrying an external EQ with me through countries and airports would make no sense for me at all.
So I would rather go with a hack, since my own first way to solve this was already kind of a hack.
And to be honest in a humble manner: I don't get why this seems to be such a big problem or why you consider every possible solution to be a hack... Maybe i'm lagging of background knowledge, but for now I can't imagine why you think this way.

PhantomDeejay wrote :
Finally:
There's not a "single person" that's responsible to decide what gets in the software or not.
VirtualDJ is developed in a "team" manner. This is it's main advantage.. Atomix is a small team that can be flexible and not rely on what one person decides to forward on the development team.
All the team members read these forums on regular basis and interact with them.
You have interacted with at least two members on this thread alone!
So, I can assure you that more or less all requests and suggestions get attention and eventually get discussed whether or should be implemented and if yes, when..

Thank you!

Posté Wed 28 Sep 22 @ 1:51 pm
Well, my friends

This conversation has brought me to a very serious concern.

First off, let me say; I love VDJ I have used Dozens of software over the years. Always looking for. The BEST...

Music has been my Entire life. I have worked in the Pro Audio Field for 22 years, in Live audio productions, concerts, live theature, music video production, audio producer, recording studio engineer, Mixing & Mastering, Record label owner, DJ/VJ.
I have a Degree in Audio & Video Production with several Certificates.

I currently Run an Entertainment Company, with 5-10 Employees running VDJ.
I supply the computers and gear. Aswell as I pay for the $299 Licensee and subscriptions for each of their Log-ins. Plus 3 older log-ins.
I have used VDJ since 2008 amongst 3 different Entrepreneurships. And paid subscriptions on both 'Audio' and 'Karaoke' and more than a few times subscribed to 'Video' on special monthly occasions. Since 2015

To put that in to perspective. Thats roughly $3,000 a year plus the Pro licenses another $2400. So I would say close to $18,000 over the last 14 years.

I digress, This is not a bragging point. I am also not mad about the cost. Id spend it again. While i feel the $299 is a tad steep, toadd my logo in te corner; especially with how much competition you have these days.
Thats beside the point and NOT why i have chosen to chime in on this thread.

I believe the Post for a Master EQ is very important. Every Quality Audio software I have used incorporates a Master EQ.
Most DJs require a secondary form of EQ. First to control the room. Second to control the song. Not all Music is created equal. Nor is it all Mastered in the same studio. Every song has a potential for excessive Bass hits, Tinny Snare hots, or Squaky Highs.

For instance, Durring my days as record label owner; I was also an Artist and a DJ. When I DJed a Set for other Rap Arists, Their Production Quality was a tad poor. And most the time it was recorded the day of the show, thrown on a disc or usb and given straight to me. With NO Mixing or Mastering. I had to adjust for every song. In a major way on occasion. A Master would have come in great so I could control over all room sound balance, then used my channel EQ to adjust for these poor mixes.

More recently, My Entertainment Company Specializes in Karaoke. And from company to company, version to version, and format to format; 100% of the time they all had different mixes and tones. None created equal nor industry standard. A master EQ to fix the overall room mix; while i adjusted channel EQ, would have been very helpful.

My suggestions:
1. Top right corner
2. 8 Band Faders : 0 +/- 12db
3. 60, 120, 250, 500, 1k, 2k, 4k, 8k
(Band Hz adjustable in settings)
(Hi pass / low pass adustable)
4. Magnification popup window for finite contol.
5. Each band scroll wheel +\- 1dB
(regular & Popup modes)
6. EQ IN/OUT Toggle button.
(Every Deck has a Master EQ in/out
checkbox, default IN)
Should i want my autoplay to be
more mild than my karaoke
7. HEADPHONE Toggle button.
8. Recording IN/OUT Toggle button.

!!!!! ---------------------------!!!!!

NOW TO MY CONCERN.

This Post Is not unlike MANY posts i have read on here over the years.

1. Why tell someone to buy and carry around and outboard piece of equipment. For something that should be in your software anyway.

3. Why take the time to breakdown the Posts Comments, Quote it all out and put so much effort in to, Basically, asking
"WHY SHOULD WE DO THIS?"

I WILL TELL YOU WHY...
Because you make a product for a consumer.
This consumer pays a hefty price for your products. This specific consumer can think of, IDK, 18,000 reasons why you should listen to your Customers Opinions and suggestions.

Many of the Ideas on here are great. And Deserve looking in to developing. And some very much should be added.

While I realize, as you stated, your a small company with a handful of People, and you can't get every single suggestion right away and needs a team vote; You just stated 2 of which in the team are in this thread. One of whom decided to throw out DIY Code you can use from another company's Sotware VST. Which btw is an insufficient "Hack" of an idea, that the Original poster pointed out.

It is my Observation that perhaps there was more time spent asking.
"WHY SHOULD WE"?

When the question that should bes asked is...
"How can we Best serve Our Customers needs. TO PROVE that VDJ IS THE BEST DJ software in the WORLD"

I have not voiced this yet. And I don't mean disrepect. But, I have on several occasions tried to contact a "Customer support" .
There isnt one... Guys even free software on the google play store, made by 1 guy. Has a "Contact Us". And will respond within 48 hours. As I stated I have given Tons of my buisness to your company. And as I stated I love your software, but more and more comes out every year. At cheaper and cheaper pricing. I am the Best at what I do and I will use the Best Product on the Market. But when a company will not help me with Log-in errors, with a simple a request as that. And a company doesn't listen to its Customers. The Real Heros. Your Beta Testers, your boots on the ground. The Reason you make money. That company will fall behind other who also Strive to be the BEST. your suggestions box. Should come up at every meeting. In every face book thread. And address these 3 things.
1. How do we best serve our customers needs?
2. How can We Improve Our Product to maintain our "BEST" title?
3. How can we retain and grow our business?

I can tell you how to start.

Customer Service

Surely, You can incorporate a ChatBot Help button on your website. It can direct to search matches in your forums. Link tutorial videos for all the questions that dont need a direct response and an Automaled Email Response for any questions concerns, comments, or suggesions for escalted scenerios. With in 72 hours. Maximum. Or direct a link to your Facebook for more immediate responses.

I sinsearly hope this resonates within all of you. You do great work. Keep it up. Times have been very hard since Covid and WEF, Climate change Bullshit, no gas or power and Nucular threat at our door steps. I still belive in this world and its people. We WILL over come we WILL persevere, and we WILL prosper, comig out of this HELL in to a NEWLY AWAKENED WORLD OF GREATNESS. We The People are ALL we have.

I apologize for the long read, and Dramatic exit. I mean no disrespect. And Wish every Reader of this post to keep High Vibrations and Love in their hearts.

Blessings

Posté Tue 04 Oct 22 @ 9:58 am
POLAR PAT ENT wrote :
This Post Is not unlike MANY posts i have read on here over the years.

1. Why tell someone to buy and carry around and outboard piece of equipment. For something that should be in your software anyway.

3. Why take the time to breakdown the Posts Comments, Quote it all out and put so much effort in to, Basically, asking
"WHY SHOULD WE DO THIS?"

I WILL TELL YOU WHY...
Because you make a product for a consumer.
This consumer pays a hefty price for your products. This specific consumer can think of, IDK, 18,000 reasons why you should listen to your Customers Opinions and suggestions.

Many of the Ideas on here are great. And Deserve looking in to developing. And some very much should be added.

This was kind of a long shot but it landed the point.
Despite that this is not the right thread for such criticism, but I sadly completely agree with you!
It is right and important to talk about ideas...
But in this manner it becomes way too exhausting discussing it over and over again, and what really falls short in the end is a creative and innovative product.
Sad.

Posté Tue 04 Oct 22 @ 11:56 am
69%