Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet # question
In a hip-hop dj and different songs use the same samples. Like Yvette Michelle and lil Kim both use a Sylvester sample. So I put #sylvester. So when I play the lil Kim song and hit the comment tab the Yvette Michelle song isn't pulled up.
Am I understanding the feature? If so please explain it to me.

Posté Sat 24 Jul 21 @ 1:02 am
Help please.

Posté Sun 25 Jul 21 @ 2:30 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What do you mean by hitting the comment tab?

Posté Sun 25 Jul 21 @ 5:23 am
In the quick filter area. I'm using comment.
I got it to work...but it only brings up the tracks if the you are in the folder that contains the tracks.

Posté Sun 25 Jul 21 @ 5:27 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
That's indeed what quick filters are for.
To search your entire database you can create a filter folder

Posté Sun 25 Jul 21 @ 5:30 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
or just type
in search

Posté Sun 25 Jul 21 @ 5:45 am
I don't think this feature does what I thought. Its close, Im sure it will evolve into what I expected. I've requested this before it's just not implemented as intuitively as my request. But I'm sure as the kinks are worked out it will get there.
Those buttons that are created will run out of space in certain case.
But as my request using a sidelist pane will work better.
Example: I load the lil Kim track and because #sylvester is in the comment tag the Yvette Michelle track would populate the sideline because it has #sylvester in it's comment tag. Also Because I have the original Sylvester song that was sampled if I put #sylvester in it's comment tag it will also populate the sidelist. This is a dynamic panel that changes depending on what songs are loaded to decks.

The feature as it is seems like stage 1 and will implemented better as time passes.

Posté Sun 25 Jul 21 @ 8:12 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Sticky sort of does this.
Not the sidelist bit but that could be done with a onsongload script and adding a sidelist shortcut to the created filter. It would need a small tweak to the code to stop jumping to the filter in the folder list.

Associating tracks with each other might be annoying but script could automate most of the work, all you'd have to do is gather the tracks together.

Posté Sun 25 Jul 21 @ 12:25 pm
But making it a sidelist panel makes it a lot easier. I'll just wait for the advancement of the feature.

Posté Sun 25 Jul 21 @ 4:34 pm