Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet How to create own Stem files ("Stem creator" for VDJ) - Page: 2
JirSimPRO InfinityMember since 2021
I have recreated all stems in DAW and master channel too. In STEMS CREATOR I have disabled all fetures (limiter, compressor, etc.). I have created .vdjstems in VDJ and I have replaced this file with the file from STEMS CREATOR. I have always the Problem :(.

Does someone have another idea or tool, how to create .vdjstems?

Posté Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 12:40 pm
Doing a quick test, the following command in ffmpeg created a stems file that worked fine in Virtual DJ:

ffmpeg -i Acapella.m4a -i Beat.m4a -i Instrumental.m4a -i Melody.m4a -vn -c:a copy -map 0:a:0 -map 1:a:0 -map 2:a:0 -map 3:a:0 TestStem.m4a

In the same directory as this file, I had a master file. I renamed the stemmed file "TestStem.m4a" the exact same name with the added extension '.vdjstems' .

When I loaded the master file track vdj didn't attempt to create a stem file. That's good, it means it recognized the one we made. Turning the EZRemix EQ played the appropriate stemmed tracks.

Looking at what VDJ exports, you should export your original stem files as AAC-LC (low complexity) before you combine them in the m4a container.

Hope that helps!

Posté Sun 22 Aug 21 @ 4:48 am
Thank you very much for your comment. It sounds good, what you tell. I think, that FFMPEG can be the right way, how VDJ can make "source stems" possible for all music producents.

I need a litte bit help with it. In my Bitwig DAW I can export Master and Stems in following formats and parameters:

Wav - bit depth (16,24,32floatingPoint) + sample freqency (44,1,48)
Flac - bit depth (16,24) + sample freqency (44,1,48)
Opus - bitrate + sample freqency (44,1,48)
Vorbis - bitrate + sample freqency (44,1,48)
Mp3 - bitrate + sample freqency (44,1,48)

What format shall I export? I use for Master format MP3-320CBR-44.1kHz and for Stems (Vocal + Hihat + Bass + Instruments + Kick) format WAV-24bit-44.1kHz.
At the end I have following files:
Master.mp3
Vocal.wav
Hihat.wav
Bass.wav
Instruments.wav
Kick.wav

Now I need help please. How can I convert my stem wav files into .vdjstems via FFMPEG?

Thank you very much.

Posté Sun 22 Aug 21 @ 6:56 am
2 very unique dj name

You are my HERO of the day (maybe Year).

Your way seems to be working. Firstly I had to convert wav to m4a. Then I used your method. I have made just 1 test file, but it sounds and works better than another files I have made with different methods ...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Posté Sun 22 Aug 21 @ 8:07 am
Hi,

I have found a Bug by my own Stems. If only Vocal and Intru play together, then I hear a little bit of Drums too. If I play Instru only or Vocal only is all OK. I have tested my files in VLC and there is all OK too ... Someone with Idea what is wrong? Thank you

Posté Mon 13 Sep 21 @ 2:27 pm
Yeah, I know what you mean, I have a similar problem and I have no idea how to solve it. Friends help

Posté Mon 13 Sep 21 @ 2:39 pm
Check if bleed is on 0

Posté Mon 13 Sep 21 @ 2:55 pm
Of cource, Blend is by Vocal 0 and by Instru 0 too ...

Posté Mon 13 Sep 21 @ 3:45 pm
- OFF TOPIC -

2 AnnaGray:
Do you make own STEMS too? How do you master it?

Posté Mon 13 Sep 21 @ 3:49 pm
Hi,
I am working on STEMS Mastering Workflow, is someone here familier with FFMPEG? Thank you very much...

Posté Thu 16 Sep 21 @ 12:08 pm
I have been trying for long now to make good stem files for VDJ. I like the processing of VDJ, but sometimes I want a higher quality stem. Yet I have not succeeded. Tried the following steps above, but haven't found a working or easy workflow. Has anyone succeeded in making good stems and is willing to share is way of making it? Would be so nice! Thanks in advance

Posté Fri 05 Aug 22 @ 2:04 pm
belacmuPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I've been working on this for the last few days, and just (semi) succeeded within the last 5 minutes.

It's complicated stuff haha. The only way I've gotten anything to work is by taking the generated vdjstems file, and replacing the audio files contained within with my own. I used something called MP4Box to do this.

I have no idea how the above steps with FFMPEG worked for people, as they definitely didn't for me. But, now that I have my own proper stem files contained in the vdjstems file, I'm still getting the bleed issue. When I have just vocals and instrumental selected, some drums are getting in. This might not be something that can be fixed.

Posté Sat 06 Aug 22 @ 9:54 am
Thanks for the tip. I will try it :)

Posté Sat 06 Aug 22 @ 11:43 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Working on something to make this easier for the next update :)

Posté Sun 07 Aug 22 @ 11:04 am
I'm assuming then that if you create your own stem files with genuine separated multi-track recordings, that when using the stems EQ on VDJ, the system simply plays each recording directly - there's no live processing, so quality is 100% ???

Posté Sun 07 Aug 22 @ 5:11 pm
Pretty much yes. To be 100% perfect it does require the sum of the stems never to clip though (which is why the headroom option is there, although you can of course also take care of that while exporting the stems)

Posté Sun 07 Aug 22 @ 5:52 pm
Adion wrote :
Working on something to make this easier for the next update :)

This could change my life haha. Thank you! Eagerly looking forward to this!

Posté Tue 09 Aug 22 @ 12:48 pm
Now available in Early Access.
Ideally, you should supply 5 stems. You can however also supply all drums in Kick, in which case Kick and HiHat are separated by vdj while creating the output file.

Posté Mon 15 Aug 22 @ 6:34 pm
Wow, incredible. Thank you! So this is actually creating a new "master" song file from the stems instead of matching the stems to a pre-existing song file, is that correct?

Posté Tue 16 Aug 22 @ 7:51 am
Correct, this ensures the best compatibility, that volumes stay the same and that bleed is minimal.

Fyi, in the current EA it creates a .m4a and a .vdjstems file.
For the next update, I'm working on combining the stems and the mix in a single .m4a so that it will also be easier to share.

Posté Tue 16 Aug 22 @ 8:03 am
51%