Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet 4 deck, is it possible to have 2 crossfaders ?
djforumPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hello everybody,

I have 2 controllers Numark Mixtrack FX Platinium.
I use the first to control deck 1&2, and the second to control deck 3&4.
So I have 2 real crossfaders in my hands.

I read on the forum a lot of time that you can only have 1 crossfader on virtualdj.
1) So, for example, is it impossible to create a custom skin with 2 crossfaders saying "crossfader_deck_1_and_2" for cross 1 in the skin
and "crossfader_deck_3_and_4" for cross 2 in the same skin ?

2) A long time ago I created a good script to separate the crossfader for each controller :
controller 1 :
crossfader & deck 1 leftcross on & deck 2 rightcross on & deck 3 leftcross off & deck 4 rightcross off
controller 2 :
crossfader & deck 1 leftcross off & deck 2 rightcross off & deck 3 leftcross on & deck 4 rightcross on

It's almost perfect... Almost because if I scratch with deck 3&4 it will re-open the crossfader for deck 1&2. So everytime I need to cut the sound with the channel faders.

How I can improve my script ?

Thank you for reading :)

Posté Wed 15 Jun 22 @ 6:31 pm
No it's not possible to have 2 crossfaders.
You can split the two crossfaders one for video and one for audio, but that's it.
The main reason is that the crossfader has the "left/right" side logic:
One crossfader, 2 positions, blending between the channels assigned to each side of it.

There is possibly a hack you could use, but it may introduce you to other issues.
Use these scripts:
Crossfader 1:
deck 2 level & param_invert & deck 1 level
Crossfader 2:
deck 4 level & param_invert & deck 3 level

These scripts will render your volume controls almost useles for the most of the time (you'll have to deal with ghost faders all the time) but maybe it's something you can live with, or use as a base to expand to something else.

Posté Wed 15 Jun 22 @ 7:00 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
simpleVolume plugin can be used with a similar script and channel level can still be used.

Posté Wed 15 Jun 22 @ 8:07 pm
If you used two external hardware mixers (plus suitable audio interface) then you could send each of the four decks out separately. Two to the first mixer and two to the second mixer.

Posté Thu 16 Jun 22 @ 7:26 pm
Hello,

Thank you for your help everybody.

@PhantomDeejay : Good script, but it create a new issue. Im scratching so the problem is the channels faders didn't cut fast enought

@Locodog : Maybe it's a solution yes. I need to work on a script

@GroovinDJ : Good alternative. But I will lose the software benefits (auto sync of the 4 channels, auto gain etc...)

Posté Fri 17 Jun 22 @ 7:35 pm
djforum wrote :
I will lose the software benefits

I don't think you will lose them. You lose the software mixer, but the sync is performed by the decks, and gain is calculated when the track is scanned or loaded to the deck.

Posté Sat 18 Jun 22 @ 3:39 pm
groovindj wrote :
djforum wrote :
I will lose the software benefits

I don't think you will lose them. You lose the software mixer, but the sync is performed by the decks, and gain is calculated when the track is scanned or loaded to the deck.

You are right ! Sorry for my misunderstood.
Now im trying to do it.... I think I will need a simple external mixer to merge both lines and I will just plug each output of each controler.

Posté Mon 20 Jun 22 @ 11:40 am
Hi.
unfortunately you can't

Posté Wed 22 Jun 22 @ 3:40 pm