Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Transferring Video Files From HD to SSD Drive - Having Two Drives on VDJ
DJMOJO29PRO SubscriberMember since 2014
I would like to transfer my video MP4 files to an SSD Drive, currently I have them on a Hard Drive. As I move them over and fully transfer over to the SSD drive will Virtual DJ duplicate the files? Questions: Can we have two hard drives one for MP3 / Wav etc files and the other for MP4 Video files? Is there a way to tell VDJ only to look and consider specifically my SSD Drive for Videos and my HD for the other types of files MP3/WAV etc? The reason for me is that currently I feel that the SSD runs smoother when I play the video files in live sessions over the HD drive where I notice lag and interruptions, Thank you all in advance for your help.

Posté Thu 22 Sep 22 @ 5:50 pm
Select the drive then the folders containing your videos then move them to the SSD from within the VDJ browser (right click > file operations > move) and it will all happen automagically. Simple as that.

Posté Thu 22 Sep 22 @ 5:52 pm
Thank you so much for your help, it worked! Question: If I had videos on a playlist when they were on the HD and now that they are moved to the SSD will they be affected? Will I get the missing file when I open my playlists or favorite folders?

Posté Thu 22 Sep 22 @ 6:03 pm
The DB will have been updated as well as the playlists, history etc. so it will be exactly the same as before.

Posté Thu 22 Sep 22 @ 6:07 pm
Wow thank you so much, that is so cool that VDJ can do that and not lose your file placements :) You saved me so much time from transferring my files drive to drive on my computer lol Have a blessed day!

Posté Thu 22 Sep 22 @ 6:38 pm
I have a similar issue regarding my music library, and am asking here to keep the forum tidy.

My SSD (E:) is dying and so I copied across all files to a new hard drive (L:)

I then renamed E: to Q: (so it wont get used) and then L: to E:, so that Virtual DJ will use it in place, however it appears that virtual DJ is still using the same SSD and has tracked the windows letter assignment from E: to Q:!!! VDJ was shut down during the reassignment.

I dont want t o attempt any more reads or wrties to my SSD (Q:) as it literally reboots my PC on error, so how can I ensure that Virtual DJ is using E: (which is my replacement!) ? How did it track my Windows drive letter reassignment? I dont have a backup database sadly, just what is currently live in my document on C:

Posté Wed 26 Oct 22 @ 3:44 pm
The database for each external drive is kept on that drive, so just copy it to the new one in the same location

Posté Wed 26 Oct 22 @ 4:08 pm