Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Temporarily change track colour (or remove track) for 1 event
As a Wedding DJ, I often have to deal with the ‘do not dare’ list. Sometimes I have clients who don’t want a certain song/genre/artist etc.

It would be great if there was a way to, at the start of the gig, temporarily remove these songs from my library for that event only. Maybe have them re-appear at 8am the next day. That way if I forget, then even if I search for the song, it won’t appear. Also good if a guest asks for it, I can show them I “don’t have it”.

Even if I could colour them red for the event then they return to normal after the event, this would serve as a reminder if I search for the track by accident. I know the feature already exists for played tracks, I have my ‘already played’ tracks turn red after 45 secs of playing them. They then return to normal at 8am the next day. Unfortunately right clicking the track and marking it as played does not turn it red as this would be a great workaround.

Posté Sun 02 Oct 22 @ 11:24 am
Create a custom button or pad page for different browser colours

Posté Sun 02 Oct 22 @ 12:56 pm
I fully answered this question in the Official VirtualDJ Facebook group, I'll copy it here for those that either didn't see or don't use Facebook.

It's simple! I do this all the time, usually for when working with bands. I have a "Band Setlist - Do Not Play" virtual folder. Anything I don't want played is added in there, then, select them all, right click and mark them as "played". In my setup I have a filter that changes the color of "played" tracks to redish/salmon color automatically. Bare in mind that this color is TEMPORARY. All my tracks are already color coded, at the end of a gig I can either mark them as "unplayed" which returns them TO THEIR ORIGINAL COLOR, or, do nothing. When VDJ is closed down the "unplayed" tracks are reset so that the next time you open VDJ the tracks are at their ORIGINAL COLOR. It's then easy to remove them from the virtual folder by highlighting and deleting them. Examples below;

Select the tracks for do not play and put in the Virtual Folder;

Highlight all the tracks in the Virtual Folder and mark them as 'Played';

Set a color rule to TEMPORARILY CHANGE THE COLOR OF "PLAYED" TRACKS;

If you search for a track and it is in this color then you know it's in the Do Not Play list. 😉

If you select any of these tracks and mark them as 'Unplayed' they will revert to their original color.

P.S. Incidentally, this was done on the GTS-2K21 skin by PhantomDJ, that's why there is no red line through the played tracks icon in the second pic, but, a red tick instead.

Posté Mon 03 Oct 22 @ 6:50 am