Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet My sidelist idea. Seems even RekordBox is in our forum. - Page: 1

Posté Sat 08 Oct 22 @ 9:33 pm
Yes, Virtual DJ has much faster capability, to flexibly and quickly find a next track with VDJ's powerful "quick filters".

------------
but I did notice in the video (@ 4:22), the match feature, which is similar to locodog's STICKY addon.

Though I would still love to see something closer to djay Pro AI v4's RELATED option in VDJ someday.
Since it often difficult to relate many tracks together.
(ie have a small group that play well together, without making a 1 to 1 association multiple times, as in A with B, A with C, A with D, B with C, B with D, etc.. and much more shuffling required for larger groups, or to add Track E to the group.)]

Discussed:
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/247430/Wishes_and_new_features/Integrate_Related_Tracks_to_the_Playing_track__into_VDJ.html

IIDEEJAYII wrote :
The latest release of djay Pro AI v4 has an interesting feature that could easily be added to either the Info Tab, or better added to the SideView's options (sideview, remixes, sampler, automix) as a new RELATED option.

The Related option would allow for quick access to those tracks related to currently playing track. And could be updated by usual methods of dragging a track there or removing it.

See one variation of this implemented on djay Pro AI v4 at time marker 13:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzHny_V6JoA&t=809s
(could not get the above link to embed)

Currently in VDJ, Locodog has created a method of associating and linking tracks, that works well with STICKY
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/241583/Addons/sticky.html?page=1

and feel full integration into the VDJ software would create and even more amazing and seemless experience.

and here:
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/188627/Wishes_and_new_features/Browser_-_Wishes___new_features.html?page=35

Posté Sun 09 Oct 22 @ 2:12 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002

Posté Sun 09 Oct 22 @ 5:58 pm
My current work around is putting a quick filter button at the top of the browser using the grouping entries as the criteria. I also have a compatible folder in the sidelist area. its not as fluid as I need it to be...but its workable.

Posté Mon 10 Oct 22 @ 1:17 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
My current work around is putting a quick filter button at the top of the browser using the grouping entries as the criteria.

That sounds interesting, how do you do that?

So for track A, that you want RELATED to track B, and track C, what do you put in track A's, grouping field, and what do you use for a quick filter to recall B and C from Track A?

As mentioned I currently use Locodog's STICKY addon, which adds the tracks to the grouping field and then recalls tracks that follow the playing track using the addon's dll scripting in a form of a filter.

Posté Mon 10 Oct 22 @ 5:20 am
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
My current work around is putting a quick filter button at the top of the browser using the grouping entries as the criteria.

That sounds interesting, how do you do that?

So for track A, that you want RELATED to track B, and track C, what do you put in track A's, grouping field, and what do you use for a quick filter to recall B and C from Track A?

As mentioned I currently use Locodog's STICKY addon, which adds the tracks to the grouping field and then recalls tracks that follow the playing track using the addon's dll scripting in a form of a filter.

I don't have a workaround for related tracks. My work around is for compatible tracks. I tried the sticky but it didn't work the way I need. I been using the comment tag for that. kinda like the way in the video say he uses mixes well with.....

Posté Mon 10 Oct 22 @ 1:53 pm
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. CAN WE HAVE THIS FEATURE? NEXT? ASAP?

Posté Mon 17 Oct 22 @ 4:49 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

+1

Posté Mon 17 Oct 22 @ 8:11 am
Benz Werner wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

+1

You mean the djay Pro feature right?
Where you can "attach" a track (or a couple of tracks) to another track, to thereby remember a mix that went well, for the next time you play the track. So a more static suggestion system than the intelligent ones currently available in VDJ?

It does sound like a simple but effective feature, although I haven't tested it in djay Pro myself

Posté Mon 17 Oct 22 @ 9:53 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The simple window has merits if you don't know how to write a filter but it also has limitations because it's made for people who don't know how to write a filter.

The whole linked thing, nice to have but it's not doing anything smart until it can pull one step separated links.
Sticky does it better.

Posté Mon 17 Oct 22 @ 11:08 am
klausmogensen wrote :
Benz Werner wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

+1

Where you can "attach" a track (or a couple of tracks) to another track, to thereby remember a mix that went well, for the next time you play the track. So a more static suggestion system than the intelligent ones currently available in VDJ?

It does sound like a simple but effective feature, although I haven't tested it in djay Pro myself

Just like it is in the video... Put it in the sidelist area, the compatible tracks with user defined areas to match according to VDJ tags, bpm, key, using a checklist format as to what to look for matches. Also the linked tracks options. All in the sidelist.

Posté Tue 18 Oct 22 @ 1:31 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
klausmogensen wrote :
Benz Werner wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

+1

Just like it is in the video... Put it in the sidelist area, the compatible tracks with user defined areas to match according to VDJ tags, bpm, key, using a checklist format as to what to look for matches. Also the linked tracks options. All in the sidelist.

That is 2 (or more) very different requests I think

1. You want a new suggestion engine that is based on bpm, key and so on - like the filter folder that exist today, but in the sidelist. Instead of the current one that is based on play history (your own or globally)
2. You want a linked tracks option like the one djay Pro recently added

Posté Tue 18 Oct 22 @ 7:29 am

Posté Tue 18 Oct 22 @ 8:28 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
hmm sidelist filters update now, I might use that fact for next sticky

Posté Tue 18 Oct 22 @ 9:28 am
Benz Werner wrote :
@KLAUSMOGENSEN
Hello Klaus,
in this video you can see exactly what we want.
Unfortunately the language is in German but maybe you understand it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWAcnabIQbw
Greeting Werner

EXACTLY!!!

Posté Wed 19 Oct 22 @ 6:32 am
+1

Posté Sun 06 Nov 22 @ 5:05 am
+1

Posté Sun 06 Nov 22 @ 8:58 am
My workaround for this:
I place the Title and Artist from 2nd deck in the comment of the track loaded in deck 1 and vice versa.
So these tracks are chained together.
That's not exactly the wanted feature but helps.

Posté Sun 06 Nov 22 @ 4:05 pm
+1

Posté Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 11:49 pm
+1

Posté Tue 15 Nov 22 @ 12:30 am
34%