Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet With Stems 2.0 analysis is now much slower. Analysis options removed? - Page: 1
My desktop PC used to analyse stems quickly when a track was loaded. Now with this update it takes much longer, and I notice there doesn't seem to be an option any more to choose CPU/GPU.

Hiow can I ensure my GPU is being used?

Posté Sun 13 Nov 22 @ 2:57 pm
GPU is used if available and supported for the feature.
As for CPU vs GPU, the option to not use GPU you find in StemsFix in settings.

the new high quality stems 2.0 will take a little bit more time to calculate than the previous stems engine

Should your computer not do the stems 2.0 "fast enough" you can opt to use the earlier engine and/or drop songs to the stems folder to prepare songs in advance

Posté Sun 13 Nov 22 @ 3:02 pm
My desktop has a GTX1650 which although not expensive, used to cope quite well with stems analysis.

It seems quite a dramatic increase in analysis time.

I have yet to try on my laptop, but it has a newer dedicated GPU.
[LATER] I just tried on my laptop (RTX3070 GPU) and it still seems like a big increase in analysis time.

Posté Sun 13 Nov 22 @ 3:15 pm
a GTX1650 is perfectly fine to do real-time stems analysis using the new improved quality.
it might take a little longer for the waveform shape to fully show the vocals/instru/beat, but it's still safe to start playing immediately as soon as the small spinning circle in the stems pad change to a checkmark, which in your case should happen within seconds of loading the track.

Posté Sun 13 Nov 22 @ 3:25 pm
OK I will look into that. Thanks!

Perhaps that spinning circle/checkmark would be better placed somewhere on the main skin rather than just on the pad page, so that it can be seen without needing that page to be selected.

Posté Sun 13 Nov 22 @ 4:02 pm
hkdglf wrote :
in the playlist, make a column that the track is analyzed

No, that's something very different. the column would show when the entirety of the track has been fully analyzed. but the checkmark shows when the track can safely start to be played. it doesn't mean that the full analyze is finished.

Posté Sun 13 Nov 22 @ 4:35 pm
Is there a way to abbord "save prepared Stem" batch? When i restart Virtual DJ the batch prepare runs again.

Congrat Atomix. The Stem 2.0 Quality is very fine. I LOVE IT... YEAHHHH

Posté Sun 13 Nov 22 @ 5:42 pm
Select the tracks in the list and hit delete on your keyboard to remove them from the list

Posté Sun 13 Nov 22 @ 5:47 pm
Thank you,

I hadn't noticed the new Stems folder ;)

Posté Sun 13 Nov 22 @ 5:53 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Down load it 2x keep coming of 7235 the 2.0 stems will not show.

Posté Sun 13 Nov 22 @ 7:27 pm
New Stems 2.0 Require MACOS 12 and above.

Posté Sun 13 Nov 22 @ 8:31 pm
Ok Thank you Ill use my New mac I just got last week.still playing with it not ready.( Sound cards etc )

Posté Sun 13 Nov 22 @ 8:38 pm
groovindj wrote :
Perhaps that spinning circle/checkmark would be better placed somewhere on the main skin rather than just on the pad page, so that it can be seen without needing that page to be selected.

One could create a custom button with

Action:
has_stems 'ready' ? on : off

and Button Name:
` has_stems 'ready'`

to have that spinning icon > check mark, and button illuminated, when ready to play, (so no need to have the stems pagepage active)

Posté Sun 13 Nov 22 @ 10:44 pm
Stephane Clavel wrote :
a GTX1650 is perfectly fine to do real-time stems analysis using the new improved quality.
it might take a little longer for the waveform shape to fully show the vocals/instru/beat, but it's still safe to start playing immediately as soon as the small spinning circle in the stems pad change to a checkmark, which in your case should happen within seconds of loading the track.

Is there a minimum requirements list for the new release? Couldnt see one on the site.

Currently have a Dell with a MX350 and its a struggle to compute the stems, even pre compute, so have switched to lower quality ( which i am assuming is the normal versions of stems)

Reason i ask would like to know if i was to upgrade laptop what spec GPU i should be looking at, without needing to spend more than necessary.

Thanks and love how VDJ just keeps getting better.

Posté Sun 13 Nov 22 @ 10:46 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
New Stems 2.0 Require MACOS 12 and above.

This is still doing the same.

Posté Sun 13 Nov 22 @ 11:18 pm
You need the latest EA (Early Access) build.
Not the latest PR (Public Release) build.

So, at your new MAC open VirtualDJ, open settings and enable the "earlyAccess" updates setting.
Then let it autoupdate
After that you can turn off "earlyAccess" updates setting again

Posté Sun 13 Nov 22 @ 11:55 pm
Mr DJ Mel wrote :
Is there a minimum requirements list for the new release? Couldnt see one on the site.

Currently have a Dell with a MX350 and its a struggle to compute the stems, even pre compute, so have switched to lower quality ( which i am assuming is the normal versions of stems)

Reason i ask would like to know if i was to upgrade laptop what spec GPU i should be looking at, without needing to spend more than necessary.

Thanks and love how VDJ just keeps getting better.

As the welcome to version 2023 pop-up says, the new Stems engine works best with a computer using an RTX GPU or an Apple M1 chipset.

So, the minimum requirements for satisfactory real-time audio separation are just the above. An RTX GPU or M1 chipset.
Mind you that laptop GPUs have lower TGP than their desktop equivalents. Not that it really matters, but if you ever compare the processing speed between a desktop and a laptop that have the same GPU model, it makes absolute sense for a desktop to be faster.

PS: Stems 2.0 can also be used in realtime with some of the latest GTX models, but the speed is almost the half of that of an RTX GPU.
Therefore while GTX series may work for real-time separation as well, it's still advised to get RTX series instead.

Posté Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 12:03 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :

As the welcome to version 2023 pop-up says, the new Stems engine works best with a computer using an RTX GPU or an Apple M1 chipset.

So, the minimum requirements for satisfactory real-time audio separation are just the above. An RTX GPU or M1 chipset.
Mind you that laptop GPUs have lower TGP than their desktop equivalents. Not that it really matters, but if you ever compare the processing speed between a desktop and a laptop that have the same GPU model, it makes absolute sense for a desktop to be faster.

PS: Stems 2.0 can also be used in realtime with some of the latest GTX models, but the speed is almost the half of that of an RTX GPU.
Therefore while GTX series may work for real-time separation as well, it's still advised to get RTX series instead.

Thanks for the info.

I’m taking any model RTX or GTX a card would suffice (GTX being slower of course)?

Posté Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 12:35 am
Great job guys.

In my case, my desktop 30 series card is not used during the stem creation (it is only using my CPU) in b7333, despite all settings at high power with in vdj. I've not set stems fix as this appears to be a what to do in a low powered stem creation scenario.

I've done a comparsion video of stems v1 vs v2 - a good improvement. Obviously there is more leakage of shakers ( to me it does sound like vocal sibilance , so understandably hard for AI to distinguish ) and suprisingly the occasional synth, despite 0% bleed being set for each stem in the settings ( a much better pace for this btw), but the vox is SO much cleaner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA_05oMjyuA

Posté Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 1:09 am
Mr DJ Mel wrote :
I’m taking any model RTX or GTX a card would suffice (GTX being slower of course)?

Here are some hard numbers so you can decide:
(we're talking about laptop versions. desktop cards would run at around twice those speeds, but nobody DJ with a desktop. and the numbers below are average, the same card number can have different speeds depending on the manufacturer, the voltage, and other factors)

GTX 1050: 5x
GTX 1650: 6x
RTX 2060: 10x
RTX 2070: 12x
RTX 2080: 15x
RTX 3060: 15x
RTX 3070: 20x
RTX 3080: 30x

Although the GTX are technically working, we do not recommend a GTX especially if you're buying a new laptop. Future versions of VirtualDJ might be optimized to use features available only on RTX cards.
And about which RTX to buy, well it's up to you and your budget, and which deal you can find.

Posté Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 2:36 am
17%