RELOOP ELITE for VirtualDJ 2020 Last Update : November 2019
Firmware & DriversFirmware:
Update the firmware of the unit to the latest version from https://www.reloop.com/reloop-elite
(for Windows computers only). Download and install the Reloop Elite ASIO driver from https://www.reloop.com/reloop-elite
No driver is available to install for Mac computers.
VirtualDJ SetupDownload and install VirtualDJ from http://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html (in case you have not done already)
If opening VirtualDJ for the first time, a Connect Window will appear. Login with your virtualdj.com account.
A Pro Infinity or a Pro Subscription License is required to fully use the Reloop Elite.
Without any of the above Licenses, the controller will operate for 10 minutes each time you restart VirtualDJ.
A detection window will appear next asking to use or not the pre-defined audio setup with the built-in sound card of the Reloop Elite.
Click on the "Use Soundcard" button if speakers are connected to the Master Output of the Reloop Elite. You can still change that from Settings->AUDIO tab.
Click to OK.
The unit is now ready
to operate with VirtualDJ.
The unit should be visible in the CONTROLLERS tab of Config and the “factory default
” available/selected from the Mappings drop-down list. The factory default Mapping offers the functions described in this Manual, however those can be adjusted to your needs via VDJ Script actions.
Find more details at http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJ8script.html
The unit has a pre-defined Audio setup and a special button in the AUDIO tab of Config to provide that.
Please read the Instructions Manual of Reloop Elite for further details and functionality https://www.reloop.com/reloop-elite
For further software settings please refer to the User Guides of VirtualDJ 8. http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj8/index.html
LAYOUT S SHIFT
. Hold this button down to access secondary functions of the Reloop Elite, as described in this manual
The functionality of each button, knob and slider per section (as shown in the image above) will be explained in detail in the following chaptersA MixerB Effect & Loop ControlsC Performance PadsD Rear panelE Front panel
MIXER & BROWSER CONTROLS
Every fader and knob of the Reloop Elite mixer section is operating in hardware mode. The mixing (with Line fader and Crossfader), the Equalizer, the Gain, the Headphones Controls and Master/Booth Volume control is performed by the hardware. However, all these mixer elements send MIDI messages and will move the corresponding GUI elements , but not vice-versa (Fake mixer mode)
- CROSSFADER: Blends audio between the left and the right mixer channels.
- VOLUME: The Volume Faders alter the sound of the left and right mixer channels. If SHIFT is pressed while the fader moves from 0% position, the track of the respective deck will start playing (if stopped) .
- VU METERS: The 2 (Left/Right) series of leds indicate the pre-fader output level of the Left/Right assigned Deck. The 2 middle series of leds indicate the Master Output level.
- TWEAK FX: Applies the selected Hardware or Software Color/Filter Effect to the left/right mixer channel. When at middle position no Effect is applied.
- TWEAK FX MODE: Click on these buttons to select a different Color/Filter FX for the left/right mixer channel. The available effects will cycle through Filter (default), Bitcrush, Flanger, White Noise and Custom. Each time a selection is made, the name of the Filter FX will be shortly displayed on the ELITE displays ad the MODE button will be lit in a pre-defined color..
When the CUSTOM Tweak FX is selected (MODE button lit in green color), the TWEAK FX knob will control the Color Effects of VirtualDJ.
- EQ: Adjusts the high (treble) / middle (mid) / low (bass) frequencies of left/right mixer channel.
- TRIM: Adjusts the Gain applied to the left/right mixer channel. When at middle position, the deck will be output at the defined zero db level.
- SOURCE: Set the SOURCE switcher to USB A or USB B to send the audio signal of the Left/Right VirtualDJ Deck to the Left/Right mixer channel, depending on which USB port you have connected the Reloop Elite with your computer.
Set to LINE/PHONO if you want to route the signal of an audio device connected to the rear LINE/PHONO inputs. In this case, the audio from the respective VirtualDJ Deck will be muted.
- MASTER VOLUME: Adjust the level of the Master Output (connection at the rear panel). The knob is not controlling the Master Output level of the software (hardware operation), but when moved from the hardware, its position will be reflected in the VirtualDJ GUI.
- BOOTH VOLUME: Adjust the level of the Booth Output (connection at the rear panel).
Turn this knob to scroll through files or folders.
Push the knob to toggle focus between Songs List and Sideview.
Hold SHIFT and then turn this knob to cycle the views of the Sideview (Automix, Sidelist, Sampler, Karaoke and Shortcuts)
Hold SHIFT and then push the knob to add the selected track from the Songs List to the selected Sideview list.
- LOAD: Press these buttons to load the selected track from VirtualDJ Browser to the Left/Right Deck.
Fast (double) press the left/right LOAD button to clone the track from the opposite deck to the left/right Deck
If 2 computers are connected to the Reloop ELITE (using USB A and USB B rear ports), hold SHIFT and then press left/right LOAD button to set Focus of the BROWSE and LOAD controls to Computer A or B.
- BACK: Use this button to set focus to the Folders list of VirtualDJ Browser. If focus is already on the Folders list, the button will open/close the available sub-folders of the selected folder
- CUE VOLUME: Controls the level of the Headphones Output (connection at the front panel). The knob is not controlling the Headphones Output level of the software (Hardware operation), but when moved from the hardware, its position will be reflected in the VirtualDJ GUI.
- CUE MIX: Use this knob to mix between CUE and Master MIX in the Headphone channel. When all the way to the left, only channels routed to Headphones will be heard. When all the way to the right, only the Program mix will be heard.The knob is not controlling the Headphones Output level of the software (Hardware operation), but when moved from the hardware, its position will be reflected in the VirtualDJ GUI.
- CUE CROSSFADER: Use this fader to blend the pre-fader audio signal of both mixer channels before sending to the Headphones output (front panel connection).When the fader is at far left side, only the left mixer channel will be heard. When the fader is at the far right side, only the right mixer channel will be heard in Headphones.
EFFECT & LOOP CONTROLS
The Reloop Elite mixer is offering dedicated FX Send and FX Return USB channels, in order to offer Post-fader Effects. For that, you will need to set the setting fxprocessing
" (from VirtualDJ Settings->OPTIONS tab)
- DISPLAY: Top line displays the selected Effects. If the Multi FX mode is selected, the selected Effects of the 3 FX Slots will be displayed with their first 2 letters.
2nd line will display the BPM of the Left/Right VirtualDJ Deck and the Beats value of the Effect on FX Slot 1.
- FX1: Use this button to arm the selected Effect on FX Slot 1
Hold this button down and then turn the BEATS encoder  to select the previous/next Effect for FX Slot 1.
Hold SHIFT down and then use this button to load FX Bank 1 to the 3 FX Slots.
- FX2: Use this button to arm the selected Effect on FX Slot 2.
Hold this button down and then turn the BEATS encoder  to select the previous/next Effect for FX Slot 2.
If the Single FX mode is selected, this button will not have the above functionality
Hold SHIFT down and then use this button to load FX Bank 2 to the 3 FX Slots.
- FX3: Use this button to arm the selected Effect on FX Slot 3.
Hold this button down and then turn the BEATS encoder  to select the previous/next Effect for FX Slot 3.
If the Single FX mode is selected, this button will not have the above functionality
Hold SHIFT down and then use this button to enter/leave FX Banks saving mode.. While saving mode is enabled, hold SHIFT down and then press one of the 2 FX1/FX2 blinking buttons to save the selected effects of Left Deck to either FX Bank 1(FX1 button) or FX Bank 2 (FX2 button)
- LEVEL/DEPTH: Use this fader to adjust the 1st Parameter (usually the Strength of the effect) of the selected Effects from all 3 FX Slots at the same time.
- BEATS: Turn the encoder left/right to decrease/increase the Beats of the selected Effects from all 3 FX Slots at the same time.
Hold SHIFT and then use this encoder to adjust the 2nd Parameter (most of the times could be the Beats Parameter though) of the selected Effects from all 3 FX Slots at the same time.
- FX ON: Use this button to enable/disable the armed Effects (armed from FX1/FX2/FX3 buttons) and apply them on Left/Right Deck.
Hold SHIFT down and use this button to toggle between Single and Multi FX modes.
- FX HOLD: Use this button to temporary (as long as the button is pressed) enable/disable the armed Effects (armed from FX1/FX2/FX3 buttons) and apply them on Left/Right Deck.
Hold SHIFT down and then tap (at least 4 times) this button on beat, to manually calculate the BPM of Left/Right Deck.
- SAMPLER/AUX FX: Use this button to send VirtualDJ Sampler to the FX Send/Return unit of the Reloop Elite mixer and apply the selected (and armed) Deck Effects to Sampler. Note that in this case the Beat-aware effects will get the BPM and CBG from the Deck and not Sampler (even though in most cases the Sampler will be synced to the Deck).
You can still apply a different effect strictly to the Sampler, using the Sampler FX from GUI.
The SAMPLER FX can be enabled on only 1 side.
Hold SHIFT and then use this button to send the AUX Input (connection at the rear panel) to the FX Send/Return unit of the Reloop Elite mixer and apply the selected (and armed) Deck Effects to AUX. Note that in this case the Beat-aware effects will get the BPM and CBG from the Deck.
The AUX FX can be enabled on only 1 side.
- LOOP LEDS: The leds indicate the selected Loop size in beats. When led is lit solid, the length of the Loop is designated from the top silkscreen line (large size loops), and when blinking the length is designated from the bottom silkscreen line (small size loops)
- LOOP SIZE: Turn this encoder left/right to decrease/increase the size of the Loop in beats.
Push the encoder to turn the Loop on/off.
Hold SHIFT down and then turn the encoder to adjust the Key of the track loaded to Left/Right Deck.
Hold SHIFT down and then push the encoder to either match the key of the track to the one loaded to the opposite deck or reset it to its original key if matched.
- LOOP IN/OUT: With 1st press on this button, set the Entry point of a manual loop. Press the same button for 2nd time to set the Exit point of the manual loop and turn the loop on. Press for the 3rd time to exit the loop.
Hold SHIFT down to turn on the last triggered loop and jump into its position (re-loop)
- PADS: The 8 RGB Pads offer 11 different functionality depending on the selected mode (using the PAD MODE buttons ).
- PAD MODE: Press a button to select a mode for the Pads Each time a mode is selected, a Page will be selected and displayed on the Pads section of the default VirtualDJ skin.
HOTCUE : 1st press -> Hotcues* Page (led lit in blue) / 2nd press KeyCue* Page (led lit in orange)
LOOP ROLL : 1st press -> LoopRoll* Page (led lit in blue) / 2nd press Saved Loops* Page (led lit in orange)
SHIFT+LOOP ROLL : Transport Elite ** Page (led lit in magenta)
SLICER : 1st press -> Slicer* Page (led lit in blue) / 2nd press Slicer Hold * Page (led lit in orange)
SHIFT+SLICER : BeatJump* Page (led lit in magenta)
SAMPLER : 1st press -> Sampler* Page (led lit in blue) / 2nd press Remix Points* Page (led lit in orange)
SHIFT+SAMPLER : Custom* Page (led lit in magenta)
* The functionality of default Pad modes/pages is explained in VirtualDJ Manual
** The functionality of the special Transport Elite Pad page (available only if the Reloop Elite is connected) is described below
- PARAMETER: Use the -/+ buttons to adjust the Parameter 1 (if available) of the selected Pads page
Hold SHIFT down and then use the -/+ to adjust the Parameter 2 (if available) of the selected Pads page
Transport Elite mode
down and then press the LOOP ROLL
mode button to set the PADs to Transport mode (LED will be turned on orange). The special Transport Elite page
will be then selected and displayed on the Pads section of the VirtualDJ skin
Each one of the 8 pads offers a different functionality as below:
SHIFT (SECONDARY) ACTION
1Temporary slow down (while pressed)Same action
2Temporary speed up (while pressed)[/subtitle]Same action
3Decrease Tempo by 0.1%Slowly reset Tempo
4Increase Tempo by 0.1%Instantly set Tempo to original
5Enable/disable Key-Lock (Master Tempo)Enable/disable Quantize
6SYNC Synchronize BPM and CBG to the opposite Deck.Same action
7CUE: Set a temporary Cue point when paused and preview while pressed, or jump to the Temporary Cue point if playingJump to the beginning of the track
8PLAY: Play/pauses TrackPlay/Stutter
Transport Elite Page - VirtualDJ Pro default skin
Transport Elite Page when SHIFT is pressed - VirtualDJ Pro default skin
- POWER.ON/OFF. Connect a universal AC cord to the AC socket and power on the unit after all the necessary connections are done.
- MASTER OUT 2 (UNBALANCED). Connect your amplifier using a pair of RCA cables. The level of this output is controlled by the MASTER VOL knob at the top panel
- MASTER OUT (BALANCED) Connect your amplifier using a pair of balanced XLR jacks. The level of this output is controlled by the MASTER VOL knob at the top panel
- BOOTH OUT Use a pair of balanced ¼“ TRS jacks to connect the unit with your secondary output (e.g. for monitor). The level of this output is controlled by the BOOTH VOL knob at the top panel.
- MIC INPUT : Connect a microphone using a balanced ¼” TRS plug. The level of this input is controlled from the MIC VOL knob at the front panel. Note that this input is not part of the USB Audio interface.
- SMART LINK/ USB HUB : The Reloop Elite is offering a USB hub to connect other USB devices, instead of using USB ports of your computer.
- USB A/B Use any of the 2 available USB ports to connect the Reloop Elite with a USB port of your computer and allow the unit to send and receive audio and Midi signals. 2 computers can be connected at the same time (for DJ changeover)
Use the SOURCE switches at the top panel to select which computer/USB port (A or B) will send and receive audio and Midi data
- CH INPUTS. 2 x LINE/PHONO inputs are provided by RCA jacks (one for each Deck/mixer channel). PHONO Inputs can be used to connect turntables (pre-amplified). LINE Inputs can be used to connect CD Players and other analogue Auxiliary Sources.
When the Left/Right SOURCE switches at the top panel are set to LINE or PHONO, the audio signal of the connected device to the respective Input, will be routed to the Left/Right Mixer Channel.
- AUX IN Auxiliary input. Use standard RCA cables to connect an analogue Media player. The level of this input is controlled from the AUX VOL knob at the front panel. Note that this input is not part of the USB Audio interface.
- REC OUT. Additional unbalanced Output. Use standard RCA cables and send the Master Output to an external recording device.
- MIC VOL. Adjust the Level of the Microphone Input (connection at the rear panel).
- MIC ECHO Adjust the amount of the Echo Effect applied to the Microphone input. No Echo effect is applied when the MIC ECHO knob is at its minimum-left position.
- MIC HIGH : Boost/cut the High frequencies of the Microphone Input
- MIC LOW : Boost/cut the Low frequencies of the Microphone Input
- MIC TALK OVER : If the TALK OVER switcher is set to ON, the level of audio signal from the Master Output will be automatically reduced when Microphone is used
- LINE FADER CURVE: Adjust the slope (curve) of the Channel Faders.
- LINE FADER REVERSE: Reverse the fading behavior of the Channel faders
- CROSSFADER CURVE: Adjust the slope (curve) of the Crossfader
- CROSSFADER REVERSE: Reverse the fading behavior of the Crossfader
- AUX VOL : Adjust the Level of the Auxiliary Input (input at the rear panel)
- SAMPLER VOL: Adjust the Master Volume of the VirtualDJ Sampler
- HEADPHONES SPLIT: When set to ON position, the signal from the Master Output will be routed to one side of Headphones and the signal from the Cued Channel (as defined from the Headphones Crossfader at the top panel) will be routed to the other side.
- HEADPHONES SOCKET: Connect your Headphones using a 1/8" or a 1/4" adapter.
All the elements (faders, knobs, buttons, rotaries etc) of the Reloop Elite are sending MIDI messages to the connected computer.
Most of the mixer elements are assigned to a VirtualDJ mixer action and the "fake mixer" mode is enabled since the audio mixing is done by the Reloop Elite and not the internal mixer of VirtualDJ. This means that whatever adjustments are made on the internal mixer of VirtualDJ (e.g. moving a Volume fader from the VirtualDJ GUI) will not affect the audio routing or output.
Some other elements offered in the Key list (Controllers tab of VirtualDJ Settings) can be assigned to any VirtualDJ action, but keep in mind that the Hardware operation of some of those will be still executed.
This means that if for example you wish to assign an element from the Mic section to a VirtualDJ action, the respective Microphone operation will be executed by the Reloop Elite if a Microphone is connected to a MIC input.
The Reloop Elite is offering a Utilities menu with a few options. Refer to the Reloop Elite Operation Manual for further detailsHow to access the Utilities menu.
- Hold both SHIFT and BACK buttons for more than 3 seconds, until the LCD displays "FADER SETTINGS".
- Use the BROWSE rotary to navigate through the available settings.
- Push the BROWSE rotary to select a setting and adjust its value.
- Go back or/and Exit the Utilities menu using the BACK button . The unit will exit Utilities automatically if no selection/adjustment is made within a few seconds.
VirtualDJ is offering DVS (Digital Vinyl System) support for the Reloop Elite. A Pro Infinity or Pro subscription license is required. http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html
Both Mixer Channels can accept PHONO (Timecode Vinyls) and LINE (Timecode CDs) Inputs
- Depending on the type of DVS media CD/Vinyl, connect your Timecode devices at the LINE/PHONO sockets respectively at the rear panel of the Reloop Elite Inputs and make sure the SOURCE switchers at the top panel are set to USB A/B position.
- Use the Utilities of the Elite to set the respective USB Channels to PHONO or LINE depending on the connected DVS device.
- Open the Utilities by holding both SHIFT and BACK buttons for more than 3 seconds, until the LCD displays "FADER SETTINGS".
- Use the BROWSE encoder to navigate to the setting USB OUT ROUTING
- Push the BROWSE encoder. The right-side LCD will display and blink DECK 1 and its selected value below that.
- Push the BROWSE encoder to change the setting. Use the BROWSE encoder and select CD or PHONO depending the DVS type you have connected to this Deck.
- Repeat the previous 2 steps for DECK B.
- Exit the Utilities.
The USB routing is saved across sessions and power-cycling.Open the AUDIO tab of VirtualDJ Settings and click on the TIMECODE button for VirtualDJ to add 2 Timecode inputs
Reloop ELITE– Audio Setup Timecode Inputs
Click to APPLY.
Press PLAY on your timecode CD and/or Vinyl device and VirtualDJ will automatically detect your Timecode type and make the appropriate adjustments for best performance.
Open the TIMECODE tab of the VirtualDJ Settings and choose the CALIBRATE button if for any reason the signal is not detected (possibly due to reversed phase connections).
Click on the ON buttons from the TIMECODE panels of the Default Skin to enable the Timecode control to any Deck
The Reloop Elite audio interface is offering a dedicated REC USB stereo output channel, to record your Main Mix along with Microphone/Aux Inputs and it's pre-defined in VirtualDJ audio setup.
However, the REC USB channel (set as REC OUT by default), could be set differently, so make sure it's set as such.
Open the Utilities by holding both SHIFT and BACK buttons for more than 3 seconds, until the LCD displays "FADER SETTINGS".
Navigate to the setting USB OUT ROUTING
Push the BROWSE encoder. The right-side LCD will display and blink DECK 1 and its selected value below that.
Use the BROWSE encoder to navigate to the REC setting.
Push the BROWSE encoder to change the setting.
Use the BROWSE encoder and select the REC OUT
Push the BROWSE encoder to confirm.
Exit the Utilities.
To record your mix, simply open the MASTER
center panel of the VirtualDJ GUI and click to the REC
button (or BCAST for broadcasting).
For further Technical features and specifications, visit Reloop ELITE
Hardware Integration Department 2019 - ATOMIX PRODUCTIONS Reproduction of this manual in full or in part without written permission from Atomix Productions is prohibited.