Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet TRULY A BEGINNER TO VDJ

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DUNK DJHome userMember since 2008
After reading thru many of the queries on here, i can honestly say that I truly am a beginner to this thing. I am not a dj, nor do i have any dj equipment to hook up to this thing (which upon discovering this forum, didnt even know that was possible), and I do not plan on becoming the worlds greatest dj either.

However, I do have a passion for music and an ear for rhythm. I grew up on remixes, old and new and am always listening out for the latest remixes to songs that I love.

My question is simple: If anybody out there could spare a thought for me or perhaps a Virtual DJ advanced user out there, who wouldnt mind helping out a passionate newbie by sharing their expertees at beginner level with myself...I would absolutely love to hear from you.

Thank you for your time and patience.
Im stoked to be part of this community.
one love
dunk dj :-)

Posté Mon 24 Nov 08 @ 3:47 am
The best way to get advice is to ask more specific questions. Try playing with the software and one by one return here to ask about any problems you are facing.

Posté Mon 24 Nov 08 @ 1:23 pm
dabblinPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I remember when I was first introduced to VDJ. My good friend was like hey...check out this software you'll love it you are really into music. So I downloaded the trial and in about 2 hours realized I had no...absolutely no DJ skillz. I must have struggled for hours upon hours trying to get a scratch to be on beat. I lost confidence in what I was doing at first because I was reading the forums trying to follow the advice of House DJ's while I was mixing Hip-Hop/Reggae/R&B...these style are so different when it comes to mixing, and I had no clue how to make heads or tails of this except to start mixing some of the house tracks I had to at least get some headway into making a good mix.
(NOTE: House Mixing is pretty easy, fun and rewarding)

Now it took me about 1 month to understand every nook and cranny of VDJ potential. Not that I was using everything it could do...but at least if I needed the knowledge it was banked in mind for later use. Then I purchased a DJ console. I knew there was way more potential if I was free my damn mouse and clicking to archive simple things like loading a song. So I highly recommend getting one. I have the Hercules DJ Console RMX. It's worked great for the 4 live gigs i've done so far and made me look like a DJ supper hero.

But back to my mixing adventures though. So I really wanted to remix Hip-Hop/Reggae/R&B/Soul and stuff. This took lots and lots and lots and lots of practice. Faithfully mixing House everyday in between kept my spirits alive because it always made me feel like a pro.

My best suggestion to you is mix the easy stuff first and as you grow, expanding your knowledge of 8 bar loops 16 bar loops and so forth venture out into the unknown and see what new stuff you can create...oh and there is always the fact that tracks can be harmonized...wow that's a hole other world in itself!!!

Best of luck to you!

DJ DAB

Posté Wed 26 Nov 08 @ 12:53 pm
If you're starting from scratch, so to speak, then get a copy of 'How to DJ (properly)'. It's worth it's weight in gold.

Posté Wed 26 Nov 08 @ 6:22 pm
ote888Home userMember since 2008
so guys can you help me how to lock up the sound and even i do something with the other deck...the 2 decks are still playing at the same time ??...

cause actually when i did some scratching on the other deck..the two decks playing are not together anymore nor not playing at the same time...?

guys can anyone help me?

Posté Tue 16 Dec 08 @ 5:56 am
DJgirl2Home userMember since 2009
can someone help me? i want to flanger the first part of infinity before the base turns up but when i put flanger on it, it plays for the whole song and not onely that part. How can i mix the parts that i want to, but don't work on the parts that may stay like they are ..???

greetzz DJgirl2

Posté Sun 18 Jan 09 @ 2:43 pm
all these questions can not be answered .... you need to learn how to mix on your own. i mean just play around and see. but honestly djing isnt something that you just jump up and do. it takes work and practice.....get through the manual first

Posté Mon 19 Jan 09 @ 9:27 am
djkoz78Home userMember since 2007
if your looking on how to mix music you must start with the absolute basic and mixing music along with mixing videos are almost the same but you have to learn the basics to get you started go to this website http://www.djtutor.com/index.php it has videos on how to mix music on turntables but it applies on vdj as well i mean the basics.

Posté Fri 23 Jan 09 @ 9:14 am
CalladaHome userMember since 2009
Okay, I am totally lost on all of this. I want to purchase the beginner version, cuz I'm just startin to learn about DJ'in but where do I purchase the equipment for it?

Posté Thu 05 Feb 09 @ 11:55 am
What equipment are you reffering to?

i'll tell you what you need and where you can get it

Turntables or CDJ's you can buy at your local music store that sell dj equipment and gear. if not there are plenty of legit websites you can order turntables and cdj's off of for example

ebay.com
zzounds.com
amazon.com
(you can buy a mixer as well off these sites)

Your going to need a asio sound card and time code vinyls i suggest you buy the numark virtual vinyl since it comes in a bundle of the program, timecode vinyl and cd's and an asio soundcard and cables that you need for the complete setup.

MY setup at the moment since there was no numark virtual vinyl around my area i got traktor scratch. soon as i found out VDJ started supporting SERATO scratch vinyls i went to the local dj store picked up some serato vinyl (dunno why but no one carries numark around here) came home plugged in the traktor scratch soundcard ran it with vdj with the serato time codes and works like a charm hasnt failed on me yet.

so basically the most important piece to this puzzle is you get a asio supported sound card. The traktor scratch one seems to be the best out there (so they say) but price may be a bit hefty

Posté Thu 12 Feb 09 @ 1:57 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)