Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Question: Basic DJ Equipments

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi, I'm a hobbyist. One day I got bored and I decided to study "how to be a dj".

And I want to be a Club DJ/House(resident; be a DJ in ur own house =D) DJ or HipHop Disc Jockey(turntablist). I know some of the basic equipment of a DJ. But I'm so screwed choosing equipments because I already read/watched a lot of DJ tutorial in the internet. Can u guys suggest any basic equipment?

Laptop > Turntables > Mixer > Soundcards > Amps > Speaker

or

Laptop > All-in-one Controllers

??? What should I buy?

Posté Tue 25 Nov 08 @ 9:57 am
dabblinPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Buy what fits your budget and grow from there!!!

Posté Wed 26 Nov 08 @ 1:16 pm
Grow from there says it all, get any laptop that meets the requirements and vdj. Practice at home for awhile, then when your ready to play clubs, find one that has a house system if you're unable to purchase your own.

Posté Wed 26 Nov 08 @ 4:38 pm
djnieroHome userMember since 2007
man get your self a set of Technics 1200mk2 a good 2 channel battle mixer with 3 band eq........ ok now move to the computer get a good laptop at least 2 gigs of ram i use an HP pavillion 5000 you need an ASIO sound card. If you decide to stick with VDJ the hercules controller is a multi port controlor sound card so you can use it to plug in time coded records and now you can get the feel of it. oh yeah buy a few dance records to practice true beat matching skills. now go get em

Posté Sat 20 Dec 08 @ 9:21 pm
i say start with the laptop and software.... all software can be controlled with out hardware.....the figure where you want to go from there (a controller? time codes) but what ever you do i suggest not starting with turntables cause that my friend is expensive :) records needles mixer ect. I dont regret my start in djing with turntables but honestly i am making more money now cause of music selection. I can get all types of gigs cause i have, listen and enjoy all types of music...... that may be the key there is first listen to music see what makes a song a good song...listen to mixes , go to clubs enjoy and feel the music..... get our mind to the point where you hear a song and say hey that would go well with this

Posté Sun 21 Dec 08 @ 2:02 am
djniero wrote :
man get your self a set of Technics 1200mk2 a good 2 channel battle mixer with 3 band eq........ ok now move to the computer get a good laptop at least 2 gigs of ram i use an HP pavillion 5000 you need an ASIO sound card. If you decide to stick with VDJ the hercules controller is a multi port controlor sound card so you can use it to plug in time coded records and now you can get the feel of it. oh yeah buy a few dance records to practice true beat matching skills. now go get em

Boy you sure are very opinionated for someone who doesnt even own the software. I am tellin you there are many out there that can blow away a user with just 2 turntables and a battle mixer with just a simple controller and VDJ.

Posté Mon 22 Dec 08 @ 4:07 am
djnieroHome userMember since 2007
man i swear people always got something to say about something i was just answering the guys question fool and i use tracktor scratch 7.0 for all my gigs that is he top of the line for sure i just mess with vdj every once in a while.

Posté Mon 22 Dec 08 @ 5:44 am
@ djniero
please do not be so hostile you may need our advice one day.... as you can see I disagree also with starting out with 1200's but i give my reasons mainly price and commitment. you opinion counts untill you become a jerk just spouting off at the mouth so please dont become that jerk by calling people fools..........

Posté Mon 22 Dec 08 @ 7:58 am
DJ azenPRO InfinityMember since 2008
djniero please if you don't want to help our community don't write.
DON'T CALL FOOL TO ANYBODY

Posté Sun 08 Mar 09 @ 10:04 pm
The equipment is up to you to decide. People like turntables and others like using controllers. They have cd players that can scratch like the turntables. If you want turntables, get the technics 1200s. You can buy them used on craigslist.com for cheap. If you like controllers, get the denon hc4500 because it has a built in audio inteface. If you like cd players that can scratch, get the Pioneer cdj 400 or the Pioneer 800mk2. There are other brands but i recomend these. Use what is more comfortable for you to use.

Posté Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 5:15 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)