Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet pleyed song - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
for my job is important understand the played song. I see that vdj do this but for my opinion not
in the right way!!! if i load a song in a player after some seconds the status of the song change
to "played song". I thing is good idea to set vdj to change the status of the song only when it's PLAYED for 30-40 sec not only LOADED that it means really played!!! In my job sometimes you have to make "last second decision" and change songs in the player and the vdd tell me that i've played song never played!!!! Exuseme for my english....i hope you have understand what i say!!
have e nice day,
dj Maxm

Posté Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 1:55 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you want to reset the status of "already played song", just right-click on it and select "Unmark Status". It will change back to normal icon and won't be displayes at the bottom of the browser.

Regards

Posté Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 2:30 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think moramax is right.
It's not a big problem but that's true ... a loaded song song is not a played song.

Posté Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 2:42 pm
when you are in live is for me a big problem!!!because you have to make many decision at the same time, like jump to many file to prelisten songs, look the dancefloor to understand what to do, speak with people ect. Sometimes i lost attention and probably i forgot to unmark traks!!! I'm insisting that the right way for a professional dj program to display if a track is really played(after 40 sec of play for example) not only loaded!!! This function is present in other dj software..i've already tested and i love it so much!!! I hope the vdj programmers consider my opinion!!

Posté Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 2:54 pm
Right; we must not correct manually.

Posté Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 2:59 pm
ok clax thanks...i understand that i'm not the only one!! i' d like undestand what think other
dj on line!!!

Posté Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 3:03 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I agree with you too. I have ever noticed that when i edit playlist for the Virtual DJ Radio. Very annoying to unmark manually as you don't think to do it. I'm with you

Posté Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 4:52 pm
thanks djcel!!! ok guys!! we need this improvement...i think it's not a big work to do this...and we can say that the program is in the right way to be a complete professional platform!!

Posté Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 5:20 pm
please post you opinion........

Posté Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 10:14 pm
Agreed.

Posté Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 10:33 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I had in mind to post this problem too.
Many times i change my mind for the next track even at the last ...5-10 seconds.

Also a simillar problem is that all these -NOT- really played songs are registered to the auto-created playlists, so these playlists are wrong on what was really played.

Team have to fix it.

Posté Thu 10 Feb 05 @ 7:17 am
that's right!!! our job it's exactly like apopsis say!! we are every time to change song, genre, is the dance floor situation that decided for us!!! for my opinion one of the pourpose of a software program is make the dj work more easly and give to a dj more time to make decision or other importan things than fix the not really played song!!!Remeber we have 3 -4 minits to decide many things!!
Many thanks to all for post message....i'm understanding that is a our common
problem.....i'd like to know what the vdj staff think!!!
have a nice day and good music!!!

Posté Thu 10 Feb 05 @ 9:19 am
I think I mentioned this once before.

YES I am in agreement.

but it should be after playing at least 40 seconds, or on end of play...

Posté Fri 11 Feb 05 @ 2:53 pm
... or ... when ...

|-------------------------------------------|
| - the track is played |
| - the just played fader |
| - and the other fader or crossfaderà is off |
|-------------------------------------------|

This way it means that the track is really played and not only prelistened.

Indeed there must be another condition:
---> If the same sequence is played twice or more in the same way (for example a crossfader play for mixing A=>B=>A=>B ...) the track must not be recorded in the statistics.
(Because it's only a kind of mix and not a set with the same tracks played x times).

What do you think about it ?
Clax

Posté Fri 11 Feb 05 @ 3:35 pm
yes clax!! could be an idea!!! but i think that to set by the user how long a track is listened without interruction to change the status is a simple way to do!!
If i use external mixer i never touch the fader!!!Many people like me use external mixer!!!

Posté Fri 11 Feb 05 @ 4:25 pm
You're right ... and I use an external mixer too! I was tired when I posted.

But ... in the same way ...
If a track is played (fader on of course) and the other stopped (or fader off) then the name could be sent if it is more than 2 sec. for example.

Posté Sat 12 Feb 05 @ 12:56 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I'd say 40 sec or more of continuous play, to avoid searching/browsing in a song to name it "played"
Even better a user adjustable amount of seconds (with a default of 40) because on some gernres
40 sec is nothing while on others is much.

Posté Sat 12 Feb 05 @ 3:09 pm
that's right.......we like to know if the staff are considering to make this update soon!!!
last night i did a big party....many people, difffernt age, different kind!!! many problem!!!!
change genre in last sec. many times...many song never played....the program told me
was played....i was very confused!!!! staff please solve the problem!!!!i'm starting to be
crazy!!!!

Posté Sat 12 Feb 05 @ 3:40 pm
i'm curious if in the next update this function will be implemented!!!
who know about it?

Posté Sat 19 Feb 05 @ 1:44 pm
mUd-VPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes 40 sec is a good idea. Or it can Be 25%, 40%, 50% , 1 min,....

Posté Sat 19 Feb 05 @ 4:26 pm
91%