Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Acid Jazz (Should I try to playi it?)

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I would like to give this a try on the after hour time (12am-3am CST) But i dont want to if this will F'''''''k up
Urban Vibes!!!!!!! (Andre Landry wont kick my ASS) :):):):):)

What is Acid Jazz?

Acid jazz (also known as club jazz) is a musical genre that combines elements of soul music, funk, disco, particularly looping beats and modal harmony. It developed over the 1980s and 1990s and could be seen as tacking the sound of jazz-funk onto electronic dance/pop music.

The compositions of groups such as The Brand New Heavies and Incognito often feature chord structures usually associated with Jazz music. The Heavies in particular were known in their early years for beginning their songs as catchy pop and rapidly steering them into jazz territory before "resolving" the composition and thus not losing any pop listeners but successfully "exposing" them to jazz elements in "baby steps".

The acid jazz "movement" is also seen as a "revival" of jazz-funk or jazz fusion or soul jazz by leading DJs such as Norman Jay or Gilles Peterson or Patrick Forge, also known as "rare groove crate diggers".

http://acidjazzy.blogspot.com/

I would love to know what you think about this?

Posté Thu 11 Dec 08 @ 5:24 pm
kheyoPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
don't ask just play Acid jazz music style !!!

I used to play that in 1988 !!! Soul II soul and other "Talkin Loud" vinyls ! my fav is "Always there"

Thanksss bro !!!

:))))

Posté Tue 16 Dec 08 @ 3:33 pm
I did my first show on Sunday 14 at 12am (CST) I had a good turn out (listeners ). So I would say it was a good
show. I did play some Soul II Soul that night in all was good.

Thank You

Posté Tue 16 Dec 08 @ 7:25 pm
kheyoPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
sorry wasn't online ! I missed it but if you were happy then manies were :)))

Posté Tue 16 Dec 08 @ 7:36 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
+1 for the Acid Jazz :)

Posté Wed 17 Dec 08 @ 2:40 am
play the darn musix.....last time i checked....u were the DJ ..lmao ...i played psychedelic trance on house night.,....did i ask ...well ..maybe but i always let the music take control...THAT EXCUSE WORKS EVERYTIME

Posté Fri 19 Dec 08 @ 11:53 am
lol

works for me bro

Posté Sat 20 Dec 08 @ 1:13 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)