Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet improve scratching

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

its getting better but it still dont sound like vinyl

Posté Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 6:51 pm
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I think it will not possible but the problem is not VDJ, all depends on digital sound and analogical one.

When you are handle Vinyls, you are playing analogical sound while if you are playing on TimeCode Vinlys, of course you are running analogical signal but you are scratching always and in whatever way digital sound held in your computer.

Analogical and digital can't be the same because of Error of Quantization always present during conversion Analogical->Digital.

The lower is the bitrate of the song, the higher is the error of quantization.

To find out more about it, take a look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analog_to_digital_converter

Posté Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 7:25 pm
sischo wrote :
I think it will not possible but the problem is not VDJ, all depends on digital sound and analogical one.

When you are handle Vinyls, you are playing analogical sound while if you are playing on TimeCode Vinlys, of course you are running analogical signal but you are scratching always and in whatever way digital sound held in your computer.

Analogical and digital can't be the same because of Error of Quantization always present during conversion Analogical->Digital.

mixvibes did it

they hit it on the nose

what i mean is when scratching or stoping the turntable

Posté Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 8:36 pm
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
If you are talking about nose, of course it can be fixed but you need an expert in Timecode.

Posté Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 4:48 am
djvonHome userMember since 2006
sischo wrote :

mixvibes did it

they hit it on the nose

what i mean is when scratching or stoping the turntable

I totally agree with you,the sound is very thin and digital feeling.In traktor and Mixvibes you get the real sound of vinyl when gliding the vinyl and backspining.

Posté Wed 17 Dec 08 @ 4:46 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)