Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet BEAT MATCHING - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

ALWAYS SYNC YOUR MUSIC

Posté Sun 21 Dec 08 @ 1:14 pm
Caliescali wrote :
ALWAYS SYNC YOUR MUSIC

Ok AND???

Posté Mon 22 Dec 08 @ 4:07 am
you know i heard a really good set by d.j.p that he didnt sync

Posté Mon 22 Dec 08 @ 8:00 am
Sync helps and not always works so you have to know how to beat match some what!!! To me sync helps me get close to where I need the pitch range and I go form there. JMO??

Posté Mon 22 Dec 08 @ 11:23 am
no i mean he did not beat match on purpose

Posté Mon 22 Dec 08 @ 1:47 pm
Ah I C Yeah I prefer to manualy beat match my music also. but the sync does come in handy..

Posté Wed 24 Dec 08 @ 12:10 pm
DJAuzPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I always try and beatmatch manually, but if you are into doing it manually be warned VDJ can frequently calculate the BPM wrong, even if it's only by a fraction of a percent!

So just because the left deck and the right deck both say 140, and the beats are align on the CBG doesn't always mean they will stay like that. I've often found that when you use the sync feature they will occasionally report different BPMs (although this will only normally be 0.1% off, ie 140.0 and 139.9)

If you are going to do it manually you'll need to also need to adopt more traditional methods like listening to the tracks in your headphones for a minute or so!

Good Luck, and I hope that made sense =Þ

Posté Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 11:09 pm
So...

almost always the bpm are correct BUT often the wave feature in the programm is big s*h*i*

That is what i noticed by using sync....

Posté Sat 10 Jan 09 @ 3:23 pm
I'm thinking of making a beat mixing tutorial. Beat Mixing is a science. Once the fundamentals are learned, beat mixing will become very easy to do. Everyone should be able to beat mix by ear. Your ears will never let you down. You can’t learn to beat mix by ear while looking at a video. You must train your ears and hands to sync the beats. However, VDJ does make beat mixing easier.

OO

Posté Mon 19 Jan 09 @ 5:52 pm
I agree double O, for all those new djs using VDJ, the only way to really learn how to beat match with VDJ is to close your eyes and listen.

Posté Wed 28 Jan 09 @ 11:45 am
beat matching is math
if you have a song that is 80 bpm and you dont have another song that is 80 mutiply it by 2= 160 now you may have to tweek it a lil bit.
if u have a song that is 160 and dont have another 160 song you go use 80 remember you may have to tweek it a lil bit.
this is what i have been told and it works for me>
good luck

Posté Mon 09 Feb 09 @ 1:35 am
I am a "new" very jung dj and I often close the laptop and just beatmach, I become faster and faster...

But I think a lot of jung dj's do not understand why to work for something what the softwear can do for you.
A dj who can't beatmach normal vinyls/cd's isn't a dj for me! And I wish this dj's a crashed laptop, and a club owner who want's them to mix with normal Cd's/Vinyl's, haha!

It's somebody who clicks on a button. a baby is also able to do this.

sEe yA

Posté Sat 14 Feb 09 @ 12:47 pm
Double O wrote :
You can’t learn to beat mix by ear while looking at a video.

OO

Here’s an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zC5W5vfW2o

As you can see, it is difficult to learn how to beat mix by ear after watching a video.

OO

Posté Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 5:21 pm
belezaHome userMember since 2009
Hi guys
just need to find out I'm using a laptop without headsets but my mixing is not perfect in terms of timing tracks are sometimes offbeat...SYNC helps in beatmatching but timing/offbeat is my biggest problem I need your assistance please

Posté Mon 23 Feb 09 @ 6:33 am
Dude your avatar?

Hitler in DJ headphones - seriously not cool

Posté Mon 23 Feb 09 @ 7:28 am
Oh come now Mr Marcel sir, next you'll be saying Himmler wearing a thong would be totally outrageous:-)

Posté Wed 25 Feb 09 @ 9:49 am
hawkmoon12 wrote :
Oh come now Mr Marcel sir, next you'll be saying Himmler wearing a thong would be totally outrageous:-)

Now that's funny

Creepy and kind of in poor taste, But funny

Posté Wed 25 Feb 09 @ 1:12 pm
dj3bCUE userMember since 2007
Its not just SYNCing your music. Some wierd tempos still don't match well even WITH SYNC enabled. You still have to have _some_ skill to beatmatch :)

Posté Sun 01 Mar 09 @ 1:34 pm
TOTALY CORRECT DUDE!!

Posté Sun 01 Mar 09 @ 5:21 pm
I "sync" to get close, but ALWAYS finish the match by ear. To me the sync function is more of a timesaver than a crutch - no dig against anyone here, k? ;)

Posté Sun 01 Mar 09 @ 7:40 pm
49%