Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Video Demonstrating Crash

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

As you might recall, last week I promised on Sunday night to post a video demonstrating this very frustrating crash. So as soon as I got home from Las Vegas, I fire up VDJ and proceed to do the thing that causes the crashes and within 3 minutes it crashed as expected.

So I get the video camera and tripod setup. Focus in start recording and then I get back on the XP10s. I'm scratching, backspinning, beat juggling and all kinds of DJ stunts. No crash. Stop recording and start it again, same thing, no crash. Display freezes a bit and gets a little jerky but no crash.

So maybe that's the answer. Put a video camera on yourself when you perform and then VDJ will not crash on you.

Posté Mon 14 Feb 05 @ 6:22 pm
LoL, i've no crashes but i'll think about it when performing.
I've just to buy a cam now !!

Posté Mon 14 Feb 05 @ 7:33 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Some days I can TRY to crash it and can't.

Other days, it might crash after a fresh reboot the first time I use an effect or scratch heavily.

Can the devs please give us some sort of crash dump file so we can solve these problems? I wouldn't ask if we weren't constantly told by staffers that they don't have crashes. You guys obviously need to see data from some of our systems that can't run the software with the stability required for a professional gig.

Posté Tue 15 Feb 05 @ 7:16 am
K anewsome i think i no what your problem is im almost sure there are a couple of corrupted mp3 files in your directory.....this is why its acts differently....i think
Andre

Posté Tue 15 Feb 05 @ 7:51 am
Hey Andre. I don't think it's corrupted files, since I was trying to make the video using files that I know for a fact have crashed VDJ in the past. Remember my crash.mp3 using Q-Tip's "Let's Ride", well that's the track that I was using when I had the video camera setup. I use it because I always scratch on beat 1 which is right at the start of the track.

Don't think it's the mp3 files but anything could be possible.

Posté Tue 15 Feb 05 @ 5:13 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I noticed if you "preheat" VDJ before using it in live, you have no crash(Only in the past because i have none now when i don't preheat). It's only to init all the values,sliders,effects,access memory,etc.. It's like when you take a plane, the pilot verifies everything before starting.

Besides, more and more people talks about something with scratch on beat one. I have noticed that too once with DJ Mix Station 3. I heard music playing but the mouse was hanging on the jog but i can move it on the screen. Maybe to see

Posté Tue 15 Feb 05 @ 5:39 pm
I know I don't always think too much of all of the crash remedies posted on here, but I gotta tell ya djcel. I like it. I think you might have something here. "pre-heating" VDJ before use to warm it up for stable use. I might have to make this part of my pre-gig routine. Maybe VDJ initializes all the memory or something. Believe it or not, I am starting to believe in this.

I am also starting to believe that the 1GB actually does help instead of the 512MB memory. My 512MB machine I could pretty much get to crash on demand with scratching. My new laptop, I've only gotten to crash twice, both times VDJ was cold.

So maybe we are close to fixing this problem or at least finding usable workarounds.

Posté Wed 16 Feb 05 @ 1:34 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)