Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet stability

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

i think we need better support and more softwhare stability i am finding virtual dj is not safe to use in a club yet needs lots of work and it took me over 2 monthsto get any respons on a simpl question and when i got a responce it was useless thanks

Posté Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 6:16 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Stability is subjective. Not to be rude, but it is more than likely down to your system, or some methodology with how you are working. The only crashes I have ever had have been self inflicted due to my own modifications to the software.

Posté Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 6:58 pm
Vdj has never crashed to me.

Posté Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 9:04 pm
DJAuzPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Of all the problems I've had with VDJ (I've had enough over the years) it has never been caused by VDJ but rather something with the computer itself, both software or hardware related, but never because of VDJ!!!

That said I do believe VDJ could be more intelligent in recognising problems before they occur, even improved event logging would be a welcomed improvement!

The crashguard is good but practically useless for problem solving 'on the fly' when you don't have the luxury of time to post on this forum and wait for a response!

Perhaps VDJ could have some sort of benchmarking utility that would thrash the sh*t out of your computer, and basically put it under load to test for potential instabilities?

Posté Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 9:46 pm
DJAuz wrote :
Of all the problems I've had with VDJ (I've had enough over the years) it has never been caused by VDJ but rather something with the computer itself, both software or hardware related, but never because of VDJ!!!

That said I do believe VDJ could be more intelligent in recognising problems before they occur, even improved event logging would be a welcomed improvement!

The crashguard is good but practically useless for problem solving 'on the fly' when you don't have the luxury of time to post on this forum and wait for a response!

Perhaps VDJ could have some sort of benchmarking utility that would thrash the sh*t out of your computer, and basically put it under load to test for potential instabilities?

The software seems very stable to me. The problem appears to be that many times it requires much PC troubleshooting.

Posté Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 11:20 pm
i here all of you and understand what you are saying and i am not trying to be rude either but it seems to me that when ever anyone has a problem even me first thing to blame is the computor i am using and i am sorry but i have gone through more computors and laptops in the past 2 years because they are never good enough (change or be blunt with the system requirements) then peolpe wont have the problems i have some times vdj runs great for me but it has its bad days and thats what wories me even a little more tec suport would be great i like the way it looks and runs when it runs proper i feel vdj has amazing potencial and for the most part has already been proven... Thanks

Posté Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 8:31 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
dj_d_crayz wrote :
i here all of you and understand what you are saying and i am not trying to be rude either but it seems to me that when ever anyone has a problem even me first thing to blame is the computor i am using and i am sorry but i have gone through more computors and laptops in the past 2 years because they are never good enough (change or be blunt with the system requirements) then peolpe wont have the problems i have some times vdj runs great for me but it has its bad days and thats what wories me even a little more tec suport would be great i like the way it looks and runs when it runs proper i feel vdj has amazing potencial and for the most part has already been proven... Thanks

The software has extensive testing, but no software is ever perfect. So when you have a crash, post up the report and help the developers to fix the instability.

To make the opening statement you made about VDJ not being safe to use in a club is quite frankly rubbish.

Posté Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 8:50 pm
I haven't had a crash with Virtual Vinyl in probably a year. Can you post the specs of your computer? If your computer is up to par as far as specs go, then my only other guess is you're using a lot of corrupted, illegally downloaded mp3s. Or there could be other reasons for your crashes like running too many other applications at the same time.

You said in your post "i have gone through more computors and laptops in the past 2 years because they are never good enough". Exactly how many computers have you gone through? If VDJ didn't work on your first computer because the specs fell short, then why didn't you make sure your next one did measure up? Did you keep buying computers that were incrementally better than the last but, still fell short of the recommended specs? Please explain.
If my laptop was up to par according to the recommended specifications and the software still didn't work, I wouldn't keep buying new laptops until the software did work. It's like throwing the baby out with the bath water. I would sooner try every other option like re-installing the software, upgrading the operating system, de-fragging my hard drive etc. Make sure your computer's RAM and clock speed are ample according to the recommended specs (ideally you should exceed those minimum requirements slightly). If your computer barely meets the required specifications then the software will work until you start pushing the software too hard by doing something like running effects, playing samples, recording, and loading a track all at the same time (or something).

By the way, you might want to think about using periods in your posts. It's a little difficult to understand what you're trying to say when your entire post is one long run-on sentence.

Posté Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 7:59 pm
Hey i am sorry about the run on sentences. The laptop i am using is an acer aspire 55-20,amd tk-55(1.8ghz, 2x 256 kb l2 cache) 751mb geforce 7000m turbocach, 2gb ddr 2 ,external hdd.I just bought another laptop and that is a acer aspireone 1.6ghz 1500mb ram 16gig ssd (solid state drive) and hey it seem to be doing the trick that might sound funny but it works amazing 4 hour straight play and no crash. Time code is a little slopy but works smoth it just sounds a little digital.

Posté Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 7:29 pm
I will defend vdj as well.. i have had it for almost 5 yrs now and i havent had as much as a hick up in 4.5 of those years and its still the same laptop (hp, amd 3200+ processor with 1.5 gig ram) the bottom line is the computer and how its set up (and i honeslty think the tech support from vdj has been top notch) the front side bus is important, the soundcard settings, direct x and the over all configuration of the software makes all the difference in the world.. i found also that if you have both nero and roxio installed or to many media players set to default for audio files you will have some issues with shared dll files.. pick one of them and delete the rest.. (doesnt hurt to remove them all and then install a fresh copy of the one you wanna use to make sure the dll files are all the same)
*note my little mac insult i made for my laptop just for this reason..

Posté Sun 01 Mar 09 @ 12:15 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)