Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Key Detection & Cue Points

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DJ RazPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Here are a few items on my wishlist.

- At least 20 cue points displayed on screen. Currently the limit is set to 10 (even though we can set unlimited cue-points, only the ones assigned to #0-9 are displayed on screen). With 20, we can map out an entire song; makes for awesome mixes.

- I don't know if this is possible, but I'd would be great if the software could auto-detect the key of a song to allow us to do harmonic mixes. If it's not possible, at least let us have a field to store the information about the key (that we would manually detect) and make the file-list sortable by that field.

-Automatic level matching for samples. There should be an option to make the samples match the level of the songs playing on cue1 and cue2.

- EQ for the samples.

-Reverse loops. Example: During a chorus, I decide I want to loop it. Once it ends, I press Reverse Loop 16 beats, and it creates a loop that starts at 16 beats earlier.

Posté Thu 17 Feb 05 @ 6:21 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i'd also really like to see reverse loops built into vdj. there is currently a plugin that does not work correctly with the latest version of vdj & i loved it but it could be even better to have the feature built into the core of vdj so we can integrate it into skins ie. on a pannel so we can either select loop back or loop foward.
this is a feature that is really missing from vdj & hope to see it soon.

Posté Thu 17 Feb 05 @ 12:47 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think you can already create a shortcut to :
1) Go back
2) Make a loop
with only one key.

Posté Thu 17 Feb 05 @ 11:20 pm
Thank Clax, hadn't thought of that :-)
Is there any way to make more than 10 cues display on screen?

Posté Fri 18 Feb 05 @ 5:20 am
Yes.

You "just" have to create a skin with the numbers of cue point you want.
I said "just" because it's a big work ...

You can also create shortcuts to set and got to your wanted cue points. (change the value in the shortcuts menu).

Posté Fri 18 Feb 05 @ 9:08 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I vote for the Key detection, and for the samples "auto-gain"

Posté Fri 18 Feb 05 @ 11:51 am
I vote for sample auto gain too !!!!

Posté Fri 18 Feb 05 @ 12:51 pm
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Me too (Sample auto gain)

Posté Fri 18 Feb 05 @ 6:23 pm
I second DJ Raz's wish list
Andre

Posté Fri 18 Feb 05 @ 11:12 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Sample auto gain : yes and no , depending on you have a mix table or not. So only as an option

Posté Sat 19 Feb 05 @ 12:20 am
Clax, you cannot nake more than 10 cue points display on the blue progress bar.

You can make as many cue point buttons as you want, but you cant make more than 10 white lines display on the progress bar.

That's what we need more of!

Posté Fri 25 Feb 05 @ 1:46 am
You're right DJ Raz. The progress bar can only show cues with Cue Num equal 0 to 9, but the rhythm-window can show an unlimited number of cue-points.

Over 6 months ago, I pushed for the idea of a "new-cue"-action that could be used when deining shortcuts or buttons in a skin. The goal is to be able to map a song with 10+ cue-points displayed in the rhythm-window, without having to put 10+ "set cue"-buttons in a skin.

Read more here...:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=5209

Nothing yet. :(

- Jim Nordic

Posté Fri 25 Feb 05 @ 6:52 am
Why not a skin pannel on the cue area and with a "shift" button to show the 1-5 then 6-10 then 11-15 and then 16-20 => Then returning to 1-5.

Posté Sat 26 Feb 05 @ 2:50 am
true. Good Idea.

But the user will still be limited to the number of cue-buttons defined in the skin, assuming that skin-makers will use this idea.

Posté Sat 26 Feb 05 @ 5:28 am
Yes but I think 20 or 30 is the logical max.

Does some of them use more than 20-30 cue points ?

Posté Sat 26 Feb 05 @ 3:56 pm
:) No, probably not.

Ok. Let's hope all skin-makers (incl. VDJ-team) put 10+ cue-points in their skins from now on.

Posté Sat 26 Feb 05 @ 8:11 pm
But with the current version of VDJ... you can't implement fully the solution you suggested... because the skin-engine does not support text-elements for cue-numbers over 9. (eg. fromcue11, cue14, namecue10, etc) and for the reason DJ Raz mentioned earlier.

Posté Sat 26 Feb 05 @ 11:59 pm
Right... with 10 points, I'm able to map the intro and ending (or good points to get out of) a song. Sometimes I have a couple left to map some points in the body of the song, but not too many. With 20 points, we could map an entire song.

And believe me, it makes for awesome mixes! Especially in difficult conditions... at my gig this weekend, the monitor went out on me, and I had guys playing on "Tam Tams" ( no idea how to say that in english) all night long, so I had to rely mostly on visual mixing and my cue points, but I still managed to deliever some top quality mixes. But even under normal conditions, it's incredibly useful. You get incredible mixes all the time! Just takes a lot of work to put in all the data in the database, but once that's done... sky's the limit :)

And guys, Andre Landry was right... once you discover Harmonic Mixing, you don't go back :)
Check out this guide on it: http://www.harmonic-mixing.com/

Posté Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 4:11 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Could someone please explain me the reason behind useing saved cue points?...

i'm not against it, but It's an area of dj'ing that i've thought nothing of.

When mixing, I always search there and then for the cue point, often though I know the song and memorise the point of the song where i'm to drop it, perhaps I misunderstand?...

What are the advantages of this feature?, I sound like a rookie again :), just never felt a need for it, please inform me.

Posté Mon 07 Mar 05 @ 4:49 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
The advantage is when you have a lot of tracks and I'm talking over 30k there is no way you are going to remember all those songs. Setting cues in and out and in break points will help you here. For example in a ultimix track you have a 32 beat count in, I set a cue where the actual song starts, then the hook gets a cue so I can repeat it sometimes, then about 3 mins in there is a break, I use another 2 cues here so I can skip over it if needed lastly there is a 32 beat count out at the end, yet another cue to let me know that the end is comming up. Could I add more sure one at the first second and third verse if I wanted to, having unlimited cues is pretty cool, but I don't see myself needing more than 10 for one song.

Posté Mon 07 Mar 05 @ 6:31 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)