Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet PIONEER Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 4

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Yeah everthing is connected properly.. ive connected the red and white RCAs from the cdjs into the mixer. Ive connected them into the CD side instead of phono.. Tried phono and that didnt work either.. When the song is playing there is absolutely no signal entering the mixer. My mixer works fine when playing normal cds its jst when i connect to vdj theres no signal running to it even though everything is connected. Does it have anything to do with my sound card in the computer?? Oh and also when i change the settings back to orginal in VDJ the sound comes out of my computer??

Posté Fri 17 Apr 09 @ 11:46 pm
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
sischo wrote :
Probably you misundertood. I am not talking about the connection between computer and CDJ but rather the turning on of the reading of the files you have on your computer by pressing the SOURCE SELECT button.

Did you press the USB button and select the PC connection?

If so, I can't help you out anymore.

Posté Sat 18 Apr 09 @ 7:46 pm
Yeah i did... I have no idea what is happening. Btw i have not touched anything to do with my soundcard... Do i need to connect my soundcard to the mixer or something??

Posté Sat 18 Apr 09 @ 7:57 pm

You must connect your CDJ-400 to your laptop by the USB cable AND your CDJ-400 to your mixer by a RCA cable.

Posté Sat 18 Apr 09 @ 8:02 pm
Yes i have done that exact set up... are you sure it has nothing to do with the soundcard on my laptop?

Posté Sat 18 Apr 09 @ 8:18 pm
No, the sound card of your laptop has nothing to do with CDJ-400.

Posté Sun 19 Apr 09 @ 4:05 am
Do i have to connect anything from the pc directly into the mixer??

Posté Sun 19 Apr 09 @ 10:32 am
No, you don't!!
The picture is very clear.

I point you need to push the USB button out (26 in the picture) for working with your laptop while you need to push the CD button for playing your CDs.

Posté Sun 19 Apr 09 @ 1:14 pm
Yeah mate i know.. ive already told you everything is connected the same as the photo. What else could it be?

Posté Sun 19 Apr 09 @ 10:05 pm
I dont understand how the audio signal goes from vdj to my mixer when nothing is connected from computer to mixer?? Is it anthing to do with latency or something to do with asio cards??

Posté Mon 20 Apr 09 @ 6:54 am
It's very simple: the sound goes through the USB cable (laptop->CDJ) and by the RCA cable (CDJ->Mixer)

Posté Mon 20 Apr 09 @ 7:41 am
Another user has told me to download asio4all freeware. When i try to configure it it says i dont have enug channels? has this got anything to do with it? I really need to sort this porbem out by this weekend. Ive been trying to figure it out for days

Posté Mon 20 Apr 09 @ 11:40 am
Try this...

Make sure your hardware is on first before you start VDJ...

Make sure the buttons on the CDJ's are set to USB, not CD...

Open VDJ...

Then Go to..

Config

Sound Setup

Input = None

Outputs = External Mixer

Sound Card (s) = ASIO Driver

ASIO Driver: = CDJ-400

I have the "Ultra-Latency ASIO" checked

Are you running Vista or XP?

This "not enough channels in the ASIO driver whatever" error does happen to me often. I restart my lappy then go into the control panel, then into Sounds and make sure the default is set to the CDJ-400 and not "Realtek Digital Output " or " Realtek HDMI Output" or "speakers"
(of course these items I mentioned will vary depending on what computer you are running). Sometimes I have to unplug the 2 USB plugs from my CDJs then plug them back in so the computer finds them again...

What are you using for a mixer...make sure the cross fader is assigned to the proper channels.

You may have to start and restart VDJ a couple of times when disconnecting and reconnecting cables. The equivalent of blowing on a Nintendo cartridge from the day of old.

Are you using a USB hub and if so are the CDJ's plugged into it? Both of mine are and it works but this could be why I am having the same issues as you, but I have no choice.

After following everything I just said it SHOULD work. This was happening to me while I was posting this, what you read here is what I did..Now I be Jammin’!!

My Laptop info;

Toshiba Qosmio X305 Q705 17” Widescreen
Intel Centrino 2 Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz P7350,
3MB L2 Cache, 1066Mhz FSB
4096 MB PC-3-8500 DDR3 1066 MHz SDRAM
320 GB Sata hard drive
NVIDIA GeForce 9700 M GTS, 512MB GDDR3
Total graphics memory 2303MB
Vista Ultimate SP 1 -64 Bit version

Hope this helps.

Good Luck!!!

DJ RuDeDoGG from SoCaLi!!

Posté Mon 20 Apr 09 @ 2:24 pm
Thanks for all the help guys i finnaly got it working!! there was an issue with ASIO that i figured out and fixed and its all working pretty well now. There is one problem with the sound quality though. The song seems to slighty cut out at times. Is this a letendcy issue and can it be fixed by changing any settings??

Posté Mon 20 Apr 09 @ 10:09 pm
Just to clarify for others reading this thread... it's important to ensure that the configuration is set properly for the CDJ400's soundcard (or soundcards if you're using 2 units). You DO NOT require ASIO4ALL as VirtualDJ does support multiple soundcards within its configuration. ASIO4ALL is only required by other software such as Traktor because it can only use one soundcard.

Levendis - if you have "Ultra Latency" checked, uncheck it. You can also adjust the latency settings to be slightly higher for fewer skips.

Posté Fri 24 Apr 09 @ 1:49 am
Thanks for that, Pulse. I did download the ASIO4ALL based on a recommendation a while back but yeah, it's not the one to use in this config as I found through my own trial and error. I DO have the "Ultra-Latency ASIO" checked so I guess I should assume that I SHOULDN'T have it check as you mentioned to the other fellow, am I correct? And why again? What is it's purpose?

Every once in a while when I power up my system and then get the VDJ program going I get the "not enough channels in the ASIO driver" error and I have to go through my whole check list to get it straight again or both CDJ's play on one channel. Am I doing something wrong? Or is it an issue with the computer not initially finding the CDJ or drivers?
Most of the time when I power up it's all copacetic, but I do have this issue somewhat frequent.

Thanks in advance!
DJ RuDeDoGG from SoCaLi!!

Posté Fri 24 Apr 09 @ 3:03 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The correct setup is as follows ... you do not chose ASIO unless you are using only 1 CDJ-400 ..

Sound card setup ...

Inputs - None
Outputs - External Mixer
Soundcards - 2 cards
Sound card (1st dropdown) - USB Audio - the first one listed
Second card (2nd dropdown) - USB Audio - the second one listed
Output channels - Left deck : First card / Right Deck : Second card

On the Options tab ...

Crossfader -> Disabled

On the Remote Control tab -

Right click and activate the CDJ-400 <- if you are using the latest demo (5.2.1)

Latestly ... I mentioned this in a previous post (before all this) ... stop using a crack and you will have better success ... the nonsense about 20-days is crazy ... and if you were using the latest demo it has the controllers natively supported and you wouldn't have any of the issues you are trying to fight. Wanting to sort it out by the weekend just means you are wanting to use it LIVE and even with a demo you are crazy to do so... and have no true intentions of purchasing the software ... Good Luck ...

Posté Fri 24 Apr 09 @ 8:45 am
Cstoll, I know you weren't talking to me, I have a registered version but I do have a problem with the configuration you wrote in the last post. I tried this and one of my decks has no sound. I double checked that I did in fact follow your instructions to the letter so I reverted back to my original configuration that I posted earlier and it works fine, thats using the ASIO driver and CDJ-400 on only one drop-down. Why does this seem to work and not the one you claim should? I'm definitely not disputing you at all, but is there something that I'm missing?

As for levendis69, I have pretty much the same gear as you and I have no problem, as long as I'm using my configuration, so your cracked version has a flaw. Time to pony up. It's an excellent utility for any DJ, so just do the right thing!! No more excuses, BUY IT!!!

RuDeDoGG

Posté Fri 24 Apr 09 @ 6:03 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I don't see then how you are able to get independent split audio from each unit. Each unit installs as a separate sound card 1 for each. If you are using ASIO driver you are only able to select 1 card. I could be wrong? But you are getting left deck to 1 channel on your mixer and the right deck to a totally separate channel?

Posté Fri 24 Apr 09 @ 7:06 pm
Yes sir, I don't know how either but that is how it is working. Totally separate and independent channels. It’s time for Pulse to chime in… What’s really going on brotha!?

RuDe

Posté Sat 25 Apr 09 @ 12:03 am
9%